Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys, for anyone that studies or is going to be studying at Uclan in Preston and doesn't have anywhere to stay next year there's a room available at the warehouse apartments with three lovely girls, all bills included,The complex has excellent facilities – CCTV and a modern laundry. The spacious communal area includes an internet café with 42” plasma screen TV, vending machines and pool table. Each apartment is fully furnished and carpeted in contemporary style, with fully fitted modern kitchen with modern appliances, and a lounge with 28” TV with licence fee paid for one year from 09/06. Each bedroom having a double or ¾ bed, Broadband connectivity, stylish private en suite with shower, telephone and TV aerial socket, large study desk, ample fitted wardrobes & under bed storage. its £92 a week, paid in three installments (just after your loan goes in) i've already paid the £200 deposit let me know xx

ReputationRep:
    Walker Street looks so nice but its £101 a week! Moor Lane look good too but thats £98, if i had to choose i think i would cough up the extra three quid for the nicer hall but im kind of hoping i get allocated IQ Kopa by UCLan, then ill be sorted

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KGW)
    Walker Street looks so nice but its £101 a week! Moor Lane look good too but thats £98, if i had to choose i think i would cough up the extra three quid for the nicer hall but im kind of hoping i get allocated IQ Kopa by UCLan, then ill be sorted
    Mines 99 a week at walker street. Reason being that my contract is 50 weeks because of my course spec.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I've done it. I've booked my accommodation privately with Brunel Court. It's cheaper that any of the university owned/leased accommodation, there's no stupid get everyone to sign a consent form policy when you want a visitor and it appears to be directly across the road from the psychology building. I got to choose whether I wanted to be with first years OR mature students so I chose mature students, hopefully there'll be a mix and they won't all be 2nd and 3rd years. I'm really excited now :badger:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dizzee_Ragdoll)
    Is anyone living in halls which aren't owned or leased by the university? I've found one where I can get a studio apartment for less than the university charge for an en-suite room. Plus it's got a recreation room with a pool table etc. and a small gym which is free for residents to use and no deposit is needed. It all sounds a bit too good to be true and I don't know if I should go for it.
    Hi there, I actually live in Brunel Court so I can give you a few insights on what life is like here.

I live in a studio apartment, after 2 years of living with other people. The peace and quiet is a nice change of pace and I can't even begin to tell you how good it is to have your own kitchen. The apartments are fairly spacious too.

The gym however isn't all that great. It's in need of serious doing-up. But, on the other hand Brunel Court is a roll out of bed away from the Sir Tom Finney Sports Centre and their facilities.

One of the major complaints about Brunel Court is the internet speed. However, in the Annex (where the majority of the studios are) we have our own wireless internet network. Furthermore, for September 2013 they have just installed wired internet with one of the top broadband providers in Preston. The speed is complimentary 20mb, with options to upgrade as high as 100mb!

All in all I really like it here, so much so that I've decided to stay here for my 4th and final year. If you have any specific questions please do not hesitate to contact me.

(Original post by JohnC2211)
    Hi there, I actually live in Brunel Court so I can give you a few insights on what life is like here.

I live in a studio apartment, after 2 years of living with other people. The peace and quiet is a nice change of pace and I can't even begin to tell you how good it is to have your own kitchen. The apartments are fairly spacious too.

The gym however isn't all that great. It's in need of serious doing-up. But, on the other hand Brunel Court is a roll out of bed away from the Sir Tom Finney Sports Centre and their facilities.

One of the major complaints about Brunel Court is the internet speed. However, in the Annex (where the majority of the studios are) we have our own wireless internet network. Furthermore, for September 2013 they have just installed wired internet with one of the top broadband providers in Preston. The speed is complimentary 20mb, with options to upgrade as high as 100mb!

All in all I really like it here, so much so that I've decided to stay here for my 4th and final year. If you have any specific questions please do not hesitate to contact me.
    Well I've put my deposit down so it's done now. Really my only concern is the internet, I doubt I'd be using the gym anyway. I was tempted to go for one of the studio apartments as it was so cheap but I enquired about the facilities with the manager and I'd really need the use of an oven, which it doesn't come with. Also, as a first year I guess it would be better to live with other people. I had a look at Brunel Court on google maps and the fact that it is right opposite the Darwin psychology building is really what sold it to me.

ReputationRep:
    JOIN THE FACEBOOK GROUP HERE: https://www.facebook.com/groups/297968443669571/

Meet people before you go, share flat numbers and courses!

ReputationRep:
    GROUP FOR UCLAN NURSING STUDENTS 2013

https://www.facebook.com/groups/229003517241240/

ReputationRep:
    That's were I am thinking of going to liberty court

ReputationRep:
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/297968443669571/ If you want adding to a huge list on flats just pop over to this group and you mightfind a flat mate! over 250 people on the list already

ReputationRep:
    Can someone help me please?

I'm really struggling to understand half the jargon etc. associated with student halls lmfao!

I need a double bed 'cus I'm way too tall for a single, I don't mind a 10/20 minute walk and would prefer not to share a bathroom.

Had a look at both Cosmo (Walker and Moor Lane), Walker seems more ideal but is rather expensive as I'm getting only the basic loan of £3575 and no grant le sigh

Any helps great

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Schmikes)
    Can someone help me please?

I'm really struggling to understand half the jargon etc. associated with student halls lmfao!

I need a double bed 'cus I'm way too tall for a single, I don't mind a 10/20 minute walk and would prefer not to share a bathroom.

Had a look at both Cosmo (Walker and Moor Lane), Walker seems more ideal but is rather expensive as I'm getting only the basic loan of £3575 and no grant le sigh

Any helps great
    Hey, hiya again!

I am staying at Liberty Village, and I am using a double bed as well, cuz I am way too tall The thing is that it is around 100pounds per week, so it may be too much.

ReputationRep:
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/297968443669571/ - If you haven't already! Theres a huge list with everybodys flat numbers and one with courses too! Over 700 members are on it

ReputationRep:
    http://www.accommodationforstudents.....asp?id=566452 - Anybody looking for a private house?

ReputationRep:
    I thinking of LIberty Court I know that lots of 1st years have booked there with what I have heard and people I have spoke to on the site. Also I went to view the property on their open day it is really nice and i was made to feel welcome. Think I will be going to LIberty Court

ReputationRep:
    im living in brunel court too!!!! what room you in?xx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CVictoria)
    Im looking into Liberty Court on Brook street
    I lived here last year and living there again this year, it's nice x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sammylow)
    I thinking of LIberty Court I know that lots of 1st years have booked there with what I have heard and people I have spoke to on the site. Also I went to view the property on their open day it is really nice and i was made to feel welcome. Think I will be going to LIberty Court
    You will like it, i did. Lived there last year and living there this year too x

ReputationRep:
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/2979...=group_comment OVER 700 PEOPLE AND A HUGE FLAT LIST AND A COURSE LIST

GET ONTO THE FRESHERS GROUP NOW!

ReputationRep:
    Hey, I'm in Brunel court this year too. Was in Boatmans court last year, looks like Brunel court has the best specs... Plus it's about a minutes walk to the gym. Think I'm on second floor in a studio

Posted from TSR Mobile

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.