Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    You keep saying it's technically better, but with little evidence to back it up.

This is the most in depth screen review to date

http://www.phonearena.com/reviews/Sc...mia-920_id3286

And so all the advantages and disadvantages of each that I listed above in my previous post still stand, which still makes it impossible to say the s4 is technically better.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by markuk99)
    You keep saying it's technically better, but with little evidence to back it up.

This is the most in depth screen review to date

http://www.phonearena.com/reviews/Sc...mia-920_id3286

And so all the advantages and disadvantages of each that I listed above in my previous post still stand, which still makes it impossible to say the s4 is technically better.
    GSMArena says the opposite.

This reminds me of the PS3, Xbox 360 argument. The PS3 is technically better but a lot of people personally prefer the 360. That's fine but at the end of the day the PS3 is technically the better console on the market.

Same applies here. The S4 has enough advantages over the One to be considered technically better. But at the end of the day it comes down to personal preference. And i know the HTC One would suit plenty of people better than the S4, and vice versa.

ReputationRep:
    Gsmarenas glance at the screen within their total review wasn't even a fraction as in depth as the phone arenas dedicated screen review which used multiple tests. Anyway, You keep repeating it's technically better, literally screaming it continuously, but as already said EVEN saying the screens are equal, and the camera equal, neither device pushes ahead of the other in terms of technical specs . The only differences your left with is the s4 has removal sd card, larger battery, and the fractionally over clocked processor, whilst the htc one has the superior design and build specs, and superior speakers. That doesn't make either technically better than the other, just different strengths.

A technically better phone would be one with a next gen processor, possibly more ram, better Camera, better screen technology. And neither phone pushes ahead here. You may have your opinion that the s4 is better suited to you, but please don't pass of your subjective viewpoint that it's technically better when it's very plane to see this isn't the case.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered mobile phones threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.