The Student Room Group

RVC Gateway offers and reviews!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
ahh cool :smile: i put 23/09 down coz they havent said anything earlier so im hoping that's right :s so excited about going, well into revision for last set of exams, not long now :smile: x
Reply 21
what have people put as their accommodation address for student finance? i'm not sure what to do if the deadline is the 31st of may but we dont find out about our accommodation until later, what is everyone else doing? :smile:
Reply 22
I just put my home address :smile:
Reply 23
i put home address too, has anyone else got accommodation packs yet? i got mine the other day :smile:
Original post by TangoD
i put home address too, has anyone else got accommodation packs yet? i got mine the other day :smile:

Where are you thinking of staying? :smile:
Original post by TangoD

I have got mine and sent it off! Ive put Mary Brancker as my first choice! :biggrin: what has everyone else put?
Reply 26
What offers did everyone get?

I'm hoping to apply next year, since it really doesn't look like i'll even be getting AAB :tongue:
Reply 27
ive put college grove as my preferred one :smile:
Reply 28
Original post by Liberty.
What offers did everyone get?

I'm hoping to apply next year, since it really doesn't look like i'll even be getting AAB :tongue:

im predicted ABC but have an offer for CCC, there's a bit of extra paperwork that you need to do but its not too bad
Reply 29
Original post by TangoD
im predicted ABC but have an offer for CCC, there's a bit of extra paperwork that you need to do but its not too bad

Thank you for replying :biggrin:
Are all offers CCC then really?
For a chance at VetMed, I'd fill out anything even install a personalised filling system for them if they want aha.
Do you mind me asking how much work experience you've got? I'm seriously lacking equine and farm, which what they seem to care most about :s-smilie:
Reply 30
Original post by TangoD
ive put college grove as my preferred one :smile:

Me too! I'm just hoping I get in, where abouts do you live? :smile:
Reply 31
Does anybody know whether you can apply for both the veterinary medicine and veterinary gateway course at rvc?
Reply 32
Original post by simk101
Does anybody know whether you can apply for both the veterinary medicine and veterinary gateway course at rvc?

I was told at an open day that you could, but it's probably worth emailing in to double check :smile:
Reply 33
Original post by simk101

yes, i think you can but for gateway you have to fill out extra forms to ensure you meet the criteria for that course :smile:
Reply 34
Original post by lauraxc
Me too! I'm just hoping I get in, where abouts do you live? :smile:

Hertfordshire, so a bit worried about if they'll consider that close enough that i don't get a place in college grove :frown: what about you? :smile:
Reply 35
Manchester, so hopefully that'll be far enough :')
Reply 36
Hi, I'm currently on the Gateway course at RVC if you want to ask any questions :smile:
TangoD I live in herts too and got a place in College Grove at the last minute, so you do have a chance you may just have to wait til later in the year to find out if you have a place (I initially didnt get a place and then they contacted me saying there was one available)

As for student finance if you havent done it already, apply for £9000 and the university works everything else out :smile:

Also what I will say about College Grove is that living next door to uni isn't all its cracked up to be, I'm moving out to the other campus next year and commuting as I'd prefer to live somewhere with more outside space, I'm not really a city person
If you can stand the 20 minute walk and the higher price, Mary B is much nicer and people are more sociable over there. Many of the residents of College grove are international students and no offense to them but they arent the funnest of students

Also for the whole of this year there has been road works/building works right outside CG. They've just demolished a building behind College grove and i expect building work will be continuing over the next academic year too, so beware as it can be quite noisy

Hopefully this is useful info for you :smile: message me if you have any questions about the course
Reply 37
Original post by pandatree
Hi, I'm currently on the Gateway course at RVC if you want to ask any questions :smile:
TangoD I live in herts too and got a place in College Grove at the last minute, so you do have a chance you may just have to wait til later in the year to find out if you have a place (I initially didnt get a place and then they contacted me saying there was one available)

As for student finance if you havent done it already, apply for £9000 and the university works everything else out :smile:

Also what I will say about College Grove is that living next door to uni isn't all its cracked up to be, I'm moving out to the other campus next year and commuting as I'd prefer to live somewhere with more outside space, I'm not really a city person
If you can stand the 20 minute walk and the higher price, Mary B is much nicer and people are more sociable over there. Many of the residents of College grove are international students and no offense to them but they arent the funnest of students

Also for the whole of this year there has been road works/building works right outside CG. They've just demolished a building behind College grove and i expect building work will be continuing over the next academic year too, so beware as it can be quite noisy

Hopefully this is useful info for you :smile: message me if you have any questions about the course

Hi, what grades did you get at gcse and a level? And how are you finding the course at the moment?:smile:
Reply 38
Original post by pandatree

Thank you so much :smile: this is so helpful, i've put mary b as my second choice :smile:
Reply 39
I was wondering what peoples reasons were for not fully reaching their potential? If it's not too personal.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending