Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Breaking Bad: Do people still sympathise with or like Walter White? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Funnily enough, I was always on Walt's side up until he went ahead and killed my favourite character, Mike. Now I can't wait for Walt to get his comeuppance.

ReputationRep:
    Bryan Cranston tweeted once. "The show is called Breaking Bad, not Breaking Good"

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by didsyboy)
    Hahaha. Although she is at least believable even if unlikable. Anyone who is married would recognise her behaviour and whilst I would not expect my wife to go and sleep with her boss, I would be surprised if she did not become a bit of a ***** after descovering that I was making some really nasty drugs AND happened to be a multiple murderer.

But yes. I do not particularly like Skyler and I like the fact that is the case.

I think that I am more into BB than I am the Walking Dead, although I do read the graphic novels so.....
    haha yeah I see what you mean. Walt must be pissed, the days of receiving a hand job under the desk at a school teacher's meeting are long gone :sexface:

I watched the walking dead seasons after watching all of the breaking bad seasons, I don't know which I like more!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Did anyone hear about the ricin letters sent to Obama, do you reckon whoever sent it got the idea from Breaking Bad?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nerd2)
    Did anyone hear about the ricin letters sent to Obama, do you reckon whoever sent it got the idea from Breaking Bad?
    Haha I was honestly thinking the same thing

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Oliver1234)
    Haha I was honestly thinking the same thing
    If someone tries to poison Obama with the red berries of a Lily of The Valley plant next, then we'll know for sure LOL

I like him as a character as he's so wonderfully intriguing. However, I no longer sympathise with him and haven't for a while - he was diagnosed with cancer and if it meant so much to him for his family to live well after he died, he would've taken Elliot and Gretchen's offer.

ReputationRep:
    The fact that he didn't accept Gretchen's money back in season 1 is probably the biggest plot hole in the whole series. It makes no sense whatsoever, and 'pride' is not enough reason to reject all that money.

ReputationRep:
    He's not an anti-hero any more. He was in the first series perhaps, but he's a straight up villain now. Can't wiat for the conclusion.

ReputationRep:
    I don't sympathise with him at all any more. The very last shred of my sympathy disappeared when (S5 spoiler):

Spoiler:
    Show
    he needlessly killed Mike. ****er.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fudgemuffins)
    The fact that he didn't accept Gretchen's money back in season 1 is probably the biggest plot hole in the whole series. It makes no sense whatsoever, and 'pride' is not enough reason to reject all that money.

He didn't take it because deep down, he knew that he wanted to be a part of the criminal trade. he knew even then, that he didn't cook just for the money.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by VladThe1mpaler)
    It's like Tony Soprano- no matter how many bad things he does, you always want him to survive, you will always like him, and you will always sympathise with him. People may say "I hope he dies in the end" but really, deep down, you don't really know what you want for the character but you know you will feel sad if he dies. That is the beauty of the anti hero.
    The comparison to Tony Soprano is an interesting one that I hadn't really thought about before! I was going to write something to this effect, but you've probably summed up my own thoughts better than I could have done anyway!

ReputationRep:
    At the end of the day he's only doing it for a good reason

ReputationRep:
    WW has definitely had a less of a nice guy personality as the seasons have progressed, and has been embracing his dark side more and more, but i still hope they don't kill him off in the finaly.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.