Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

personal grooming.. um... down there! advice please! watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SillyMilly)
    oh wow does it work though? and can you get this done at local salons etc? ive been thinking about it but worried about the cost!
    I've only been doing one treatment so far. Was meant to do a second one recently but had to cancel (within 24 hrs, so had to pay half!).
    I got a LOT of ingrown hairs after the first one, which is a pain, but they are meant to go away once the hairs are all dead. I really hope there won't be any marks after them, so just have to wait and see.
    I have no idea how many places offer them, I go to a salon 10 mins from my place in London.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Poppybird19)
    This is so useful to know! I didn't realise that guys do sometimes like a little bit of hair down there! I don't think I would EVER have a full bush though, just out of personal preference to keep things very tidy. I genuinely had no clue, it's kind of reassuring to know that some guys don't mind it though!

Thanks x
    In the interest of balance, I should admit I've had very little agreement when I've shared this view with make friends! But if he's specifically saying he's happy with some fur, I'm sure he is.

ReputationRep:
    Why not give it a try if your boyfriend likes it? Give it a try, it may really turn him on and if he's a good guy he'll appreciate it. If you're really uncomfortable with it, just tell him. But, I think it's nice to do little things like this to take into consideration your partner's preferences.

If a girl just refused to do something fairly trivial like this for no reason, I'd be pretty upset. Surely in a relationship we should try to make our partner happy and show that we care about making them happy. Sure, maybe I prefer to be hairy down below, but I'll happily adjust to what my partner wants because it's not really a big issue for me. I'd adjust my fashion style to an extent based on what she liked, I'd do activities that I wasn't really into just to make her happy. And I'd hope she'd do the same.

Basically, here is an easy opportunity for you to be a good girlfriend and make your boyfriend happy, and unless it is a major issue for you just do it! Then you can ask him to do something to make you happy

----

I would also say that more guys than most women think don't mind a bit of hair down there. It's only relatively recently that the completely shaved look has become standard. I know personally I have been socially conditioned to prefer shaved-style, but there's a guilty part of me that loves a bush!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Habibul Bashar)
    Why not give it a try if your boyfriend likes it? Give it a try, it may really turn him on and if he's a good guy he'll appreciate it. If you're really uncomfortable with it, just tell him. But, I think it's nice to do little things like this to take into consideration your partner's preferences.

If a girl just refused to do something fairly trivial like this for no reason, I'd be pretty upset. Surely in a relationship we should try to make our partner happy and show that we care about making them happy. Sure, maybe I prefer to be hairy down below, but I'll happily adjust to what my partner wants because it's not really a big issue for me. I'd adjust my fashion style to an extent based on what she liked, I'd do activities that I wasn't really into just to make her happy. And I'd hope she'd do the same.

Basically, here is an easy opportunity for you to be a good girlfriend and make your boyfriend happy, and unless it is a major issue for you just do it! Then you can ask him to do something to make you happy

----

I would also say that more guys than most women think don't mind a bit of hair down there. It's only relatively recently that the completely shaved look has become standard. I know personally I have been socially conditioned to prefer shaved-style, but there's a guilty part of me that loves a bush!
    This is not a healthy relationship. This is awful. If you can't be yourself in a relationship then it's not going to work. At all. A girl shouldn't have to 'please her boyfriend' or vice versa! That's so ridiculous and frankly rather sexist.

ReputationRep:
    If he says he likes it he probably likes it. anyway if you trim first you can always shave later if he changes his mind but only if you want to. if you don't want to do something for him you don't have to and he shouldn't ever force anything on you. you should talk to him more about it. healthy relationships have no secrets (except gifts).
    MadPhysicist

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by holson)
    This is not a healthy relationship. This is awful. If you can't be yourself in a relationship then it's not going to work. At all. A girl shouldn't have to 'please her boyfriend' or vice versa! That's so ridiculous and frankly rather sexist.
    Ha why is it sexist? Are you crazy?

I said it works both ways... you could easily change it round the other way. Partners (and I guess to a lesser extent friends) are meant to do little favours for each other. If anything it is a sign of a healthy relationship.

For me, how much hair someone has down below is trivial. But, if my girlfriend told me that it was really important to her to be hairy/not hairy then I'd support her. If she 'just doesn't want to do it', then that's not really a good sign.

I'd much rather eat meat for dinner, but its not much of an issue for me to eat a vegetarian meal with my girlfriend if she didn't like people eating meat in front of her. I'd be a bit of a crap boyfriend if I was just like 'No, I'm just being myself eating this steak, how dare you not consider my mild preference for steak over salad.'

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by holson)
    I totally disagree. The thing is, if you love someone, you want to please them, it's not an effort.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 7, 2013
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.