The Student Room Group

Ladies, would you ever "submit" to a man?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Aurora.
I think you have to be more specific. Give us an example?

To be specific:
If you were in a relationship, would you submit to your boyfriend/husband? As in, being second to him, letting him be head in the relationship, letting him be head/'man' of the household, letting him make all the decisions in the relationship, letting him have the final say, letting him decide stuff for you, letting him boss you around, doing as you are told by him, asking for his permission to do something/go somewhere, doing stuff for him ever if he is not obliged to do stuff back (e.g. you cook and clean for him even if he doesn't himself) etc. Sometimes sex may come into it e.g. he wants you to do certain things.

All in all, I'm talking about gender roles, and the notion that you should 'obey' your husband no matter what.
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by ChocoCoatedLemons
Haha, no. Never. Why should I? We're equal.

In what context? In religious term, the first women were made from the ribs of Prophet Adam (AW). But I do believe man and women are equal.
Edit: Why was I negged?
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by Dee Leigh
To be specific:
If you were in a relationship, would you submit to your boyfriend/husband? As in, being second to him, letting him be head in the relationship, letting him be head of the household, letting him make all the decisions in the relationship, letting him have the final say, letting him decide stuff for you, letting him boss you around, doing as you are told by him, doing stuff for him ever if he is not obliged to do stuff back (e.g. you cook and clean for him even if he doesn't himself) etc.

Hell to the no! What self respecting person would want a relationship like that?
Do you mean like in a patriarchal sense? Like I'm the little maid in the kitchen, cooking, cleaning, waiting on my bloke hand and foot while he flops over the sofa watching TV as I make him a sandwich?

If so, hell no. If anything, my boyfriend does everything for me. :biggrin:
Original post by The Socktor
I didn't know god was into that kind of stuff.

hahahahaha, this is BRILLIANT!
Original post by Jabberwox
Do you mean like in a patriarchal sense? Like I'm the little maid in the kitchen, cooking, cleaning, waiting on my bloke hand and foot while he flops over the sofa watching TV as I make him a sandwich?

If so, hell no. If anything, my boyfriend does everything for me. :biggrin:

If I had an Partner (wife), I would do the cooking and cleaning to be honest. I like to treat my wife like royalty :smile:
Original post by edithwashere
Hell to the no! What self respecting person would want a relationship like that?

What about the women who don't mind submitting to their husbands, and choose to do so?
Original post by Type 052D
If I had an Partner (wife), I would do the cooking and cleaning to be honest. I like to treat my wife like royalty :smile:

Awww. :smile:
hell no. I would listen to him if he had something to say and would agree if what he was asking was reasonable but he would have to see me as equal to him and I would also want him to listen to me too , respect me and basically treat me in the loving way and respectful way that I would treat him ..why would I be with someone who saw me as inferior :confused:
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by Dee Leigh
Awww. :smile:

amen to this:biggrin:
In what context? In religious term, the first women were made from the ribs of Prophet Adam (AW). But I do believe man and women are equal.
Edit: Why was I negged?

The context of the real, relevant world.
Original post by CasualSoul
amen to this:biggrin:

Why thank you :smile:
Original post by SannaS
So funny.....

Well, now that I think about it he most certainly is... think about how much hell must give him a rush. :colone:
The context of the real, relevant world.

I stated that men and women are equal. And what do you mean real?
I stated that men and women are equal. And what do you mean real?

As in, religions should not be at all relevant to the way we treat fellow human beings. Okay, Eve was supposedly made from Adam's rib. So what? I don't get why that was relevant.
Reply 36
Hell no. I'm confused as to why you even made this thread.

This isn't even about gender. No self-respecting person would put themselves second-in-command to someone else like that unless there is some form of abuse going on. And I'm talking about in life in general - not about in a job, not about in a sexual manner (if that's what turns you on), not about in a specific aspect where your partner may know more and therefore it makes sense they take control.

If it's a case of one person being passive and not really caring that much, so the other person ends up taking the lead more and being dominant (like I did with my previous boyfriend), then fair enough. If it's a case of one person wanting to do things with their life, but letting their partner decide for them that they won't - there is something not right there.
As in, religions should not be at all relevant to the way we treat fellow human beings. Okay, Eve was supposedly made from Adam's rib. So what? I don't get why that was relevant.

I was talking in what context was the term 'submission' -_-! And religion does influence the way one should treat another person.
I was talking in what context was the term 'submission' -_-! And religion does influence the way one should treat another person.

We already knew - the OP defined what she meant by submission a while back. :s-smilie:

It shouldn't. If it's going to make you a better person, great, whatever. If it's going to make you treat others badly because an old book told you to, then you're a dick.
Reply 39
Er.. No?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending