Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

OpIsrael - Cyber Attack On Israel Last Night Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kousar)
    Now about blatent un-truths, thats your opinion. To you it's blatent un-truths to many others it isn't! Why, juts because you are in disagreement with me doesn't mean they are 'blatant un-truths'!
    About the claim that it is the largest interent attack, I didn't just pull that out of thin air. I've been reasearching and looking at articles. By the by, I'm bound to make mistakes. I'm a learner!
    No, that is fact. Equally, if you're going to make such a claim it's usual to cite some sort of source for it. And even more so on TSR.

The claim that it is the largest cyber attack in history is in error. There has merely been a claim that they 'aim to launch the largest cyber attack in history' however there is no evidence to suggest that the attack has surpassed 300 Gbps for a valid claim in data terms, and neither are the amounts of information gained anywhere near the largest in an attack. Simple fact checking like this will help your blog look less amatuer than it does right now.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Steevee)
    No, that is fact. Equally, if you're going to make such a claim it's usual to cite some sort of source for it. And even more so on TSR.

The claim that it is the largest cyber attack in history is in error. There has merely been a claim that they 'aim to launch the largest cyber attack in history' however there is no evidence to suggest that the attack has surpassed 300 Gbps for a valid claim in data terms, and neither are the amounts of information gained anywhere near the largest in an attack. Simple fact checking like this will help your blog look less amatuer than it does right now.
    Constructive criticism is appreciated. Thanks. Well, I'm not going to lie, I am pretty amateur and new to all this! Hey, I am 17, gotta give me a bit of credit for that! Lol
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by sugar-n-spice)
    Then how can you support their work? :confused: Tomorrow someone could release a video saying "This is anonymous and we want to kill the Palestinians for no reason at all."
    Because I have agreed with many of the activites they have undertaken. It's the same concept as a political party - you agree with the majority or their policies, not every single one.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Steevee)

This is the webiste I got a lot of my information from http://www.examiner.com/article/anon...n-human-rights

ReputationRep:
    Serves the *******s right.

ReputationRep:
    I imagine that they did this before watching Munich. Wouldn't want to be them right now.

ReputationRep:
    This is pretty funny, after all the planning and threats the only thing they have so far failed to do any actual damage whatsoever. They did get access to some social network accounts though, so kudos on that you are on par with a vengeful 13 year old girl. I bet Hamas are readying their camels and child-shields ready to finish of the Israelis :rofl3:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ChocoCoatedLemons)
    I support much of Anonymous's work, this included. So there you go, that's my two cents.
    Your comment is not worth even that.
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by Polka Dot)
    Your comment is not worth even that.
    You're perfectly entitled to think that.

ReputationRep:
    Apparently they mistakenly took down a Pro-Palestine website

http://i.imgur.com/Vy0i7ym.png

Very concerning indeed

ReputationRep:
    Hacking twitter, facebook, and credit card details of random Israeli citizens...?

Yes, that will expose those sneaky zionists!

They're such asswipes.

ReputationRep:
    What have they achieved by releasing the personal details of random people who live in Israel? They didn't release credit card information of every US citizen during Op whatever the **** it was, the one where they kept on DDOS'ing the FBI, so what makes Israelis different?

I mean, it's like saying that every German is guilty of war crimes because of the Holocaust. What Anonymous are doing is childish, and attention-seeking.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bonoahx)
    What have they achieved by releasing the personal details of random people who live in Israel? They didn't release credit card information of every US citizen during Op whatever the **** it was, the one where they kept on DDOS'ing the FBI, so what makes Israelis different?

I mean, it's like saying that every German is guilty of war crimes because of the Holocaust. What Anonymous are doing is childish, and attention-seeking.
    You should see the threads they make on their boards. They do it because they're antisemitic, no other reason. They genuinely believe that Jews are controlling the world. If you come in saying that the holocaust happened, then they'll say you're a Jew (not as an insult. They will genuinely think you're Jewish). If you say things that sound too far fetched in their conspiracy, then you're also a Jew because you're trying to say stupid things to get people off the scent of the real issues.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Darth Stewie)
    This is pretty funny, after all the planning and threats the only thing they have so far failed to do any actual damage whatsoever. They did get access to some social network accounts though, so kudos on that you are on par with a vengeful 13 year old girl. I bet Hamas are readying their camels and child-shields ready to finish of the Israelis :rofl3:
    Got a strong mouth for saying there was no "actual damage". If there was no damang why did they post? You are blind following the media, because huge amounts of damage was made but not enough to damage the govt. Just wait it will take one mistake, just one, be it an SQL injection or something less common like a RAT or Botnet servers and then irreversible amount of damage will occur.

Also whoever says that Anonymous is just a group of kids- be it 6 or 16, I Could not care less. They at least want to help with whatever they got for the good of humanity. The PS Server attack was for the Sony not letting you use your own property in a way you want, this attack is to help the oppressed which most can't see. I highly doubt that most would agree because only a few can understand while must just follow but that is my 2 cents.

ReputationRep:
    Anyone who supported this is rather sick in the head.

Deliberately timed for Holocaust memorial day in Israel and the Yad Vashem site (Holocaust museum) was attacked throughout the day.

We can see what the real ideology is behind the Israel haters. Disgusting.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Xmarksthesh0t)
    Got a strong mouth for saying there was no "actual damage". If there was no damang why did they post? You are blind following the media, because huge amounts of damage was made but not enough to damage the govt. Just wait it will take one mistake, just one, be it an SQL injection or something less common like a RAT or Botnet servers and then irreversible amount of damage will occur.

Also whoever says that Anonymous is just a group of kids- be it 6 or 16, I Could not care less. They at least want to help with whatever they got for the good of humanity. The PS Server attack was for the Sony not letting you use your own property in a way you want, this attack is to help the oppressed which most can't see. I highly doubt that most would agree because only a few can understand while must just follow but that is my 2 cents.
    No, there was no serious damage which is why Israeli government, civilian and military websites including the holocaust memorial website they tried to take down (classy) all stayed up.

They probably aren't a group of kids, and that is the saddest thing of all. Grown men and women are targeting the only real democracy in the middle east, the only country in that region doesn't punish gay people for who they love and the only country in that region that contributes anything other than death and oil to the world. They are siding with religious zealots who openly want the death of Jews. Men, women and children. The good of humanity? Please tell me how attacking a holocaust memorial site is for the "good of humanity" or how siding with genocidal maniacs is for the "good of humanity?" The people involved in these attacks are no better than those who run into schools with bombs attached to their chests, fascist knobs who should throw themselves off a bridge, that is the biggest contribution to humanity they will ever make.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Darth Stewie)
    No, there was no serious damage which is why Israeli government, civilian and military websites including the holocaust memorial website they tried to take down (classy) all stayed up.

They probably aren't a group of kids, and that is the saddest thing of all. Grown men and women are targeting the only real democracy in the middle east, the only country in that region doesn't punish gay people for who they love and the only country in that region that contributes anything other than death and oil to the world. They are siding with religious zealots who openly want the death of Jews. Men, women and children. The good of humanity? Please tell me how attacking a holocaust memorial site is for the "good of humanity" or how siding with genocidal maniacs is for the "good of humanity?" The people involved in these attacks are no better than those who run into schools with bombs attached to their chests, fascist knobs who should throw themselves off a bridge, that is the biggest contribution to humanity they will ever make.
    You serious? Do you even know how much oppression the palestinians have faced under the hands of the zionist regime? Zionism is different to Judaism and thats who Anonymous and the people are against, they are against zionism not judaism, even some jewish rabbis are against the Israeli regime.

The only democratic state in the middle east? What about Egypt and Palestine itself for that fact.As for genociadal maniacs? Mate, the Palestinians did the Jewish people a favour by letting them migrate there after WW2 and in return a minority of them, the zionists decided to take over the land and now are being killed everyday, if thats not going to turn you into a genocidal maniac then what is?

Can you also tell me what things other than death and oil Israel is offering to the world?Maybe Israel isn't planning to attack the west that doesnt mean they aren't terrorists themselves, there is so much I could say about the oppression that is happening in Palestine but it would take ages to write.

Take a look at this:

Do you think this is what a "fair democratic" country does?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by malikabdullah96)
    ...Zionism is different to Judaism and thats who Anonymous and the people are against...
    Sorry, maybe Anonymous is actually against the jewish people as a whole.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 9, 2013
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Have you ever participated in a Secret Santa?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.