Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Take a look at the link I poated for tips oj how I did it last year. Fijdijg texts tgat cover several themes will save you a lot of reading time!

ReputationRep:
    Oh dear - sorry for fat fingers! Lol!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Denver2010)
    I'll pm you later with one. As well as my exan technique. Thank you .

Posted from TSR Mobile
    hi can i also have one please

ReputationRep:
    I'll pm you later with one. As well as my exan technique. Thank you .

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Hiya, I don't mean to be a bother but can you pm me your sample answers and exam techniques as well please? Okay, I'm going to be really cheeky here and say I only made this account so I could ask you for help
    I apologise for being so annoying but please I'm panicking about this exam right now. Really need some help and advice Thank you x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wilsonab)
    That's good How is everyone organising there wider reading? 1 of each (prose,drama,poetry) for every topic (women,progress,class,evolving attitudes) or just a random mixture if that makes sense lol
    Hello there. I really didn't have enough time to prepare a prose, drama and poetry for each topic so I'm just hoping for the best as I've only got 1 prose, 1 drama and 1 poetry which I guess the content within it covers most of the themes, but I'm really not sure tbh. I really don't feel prepared for the exam on Friday, I'm absolutely dreading it. Although my teacher did say that they "assign too much importance" when it comes to wider reading and to focus more on context. I guess three marks does make quite a difference but as long as you make a few links between wider reading and the text you'll be fine I think

ReputationRep:
    Aw bless you! There is a link further up on this thread which will take you to a previous post I made with my exam technique.

I will do my best to remember to pm my past paper essays although they may not be worthy of the grade I received in the actual exam. They'll at least show you how I put the technique into practice if nothing else!

Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    Aw bless you! There is a link further up on this thread which will take you to a previous post I made with my exam technique.

I will do my best to remember to pm my past paper essays although they may not be worthy of the grade I received in the actual exam. They'll at least show you how I put the technique into practice if nothing else!

Good luck!
    Ohh I'll go and have a look at that thread then, thank you. That's fine, trust me right now anything will help, and that's actually what I really need to focus and know about more than anything, improving my exam technique. It's like I know what to write about and what points I can/need to make, etc. but when it comes to actually expressing those thoughts and ideas, I really struggle. Anyway, thank you so much

ReputationRep:
    Hi is anyone doing the brontes for their selected poetry and does anyone know if you need to learn all of the poems for the poetry question or just have a general knowledge? Thanks

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
    Useful resources

Make your revision easier

OMAM

Ultimate Of Mice And Men Thread

Plot, context, character analysis and everything in between.

Notes

Revision Hub

All our revision materials in one place

Love books

Common grammar and vocabulary problems

Get your questions asked and answered

Useful literary websitesStudy help rules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.