Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

How Old Are You And How Many Countries Have You Been To And How Many Would You Like.. Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HumanSupremacist)
    Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland are countries. They are just countries in a political union, much like Kenya, Burundi, Rwanda, Tanzania etc will still be "countries" in the coming Federation.
    Yes I know but some would argue that I am expanding my count in a cheap way by using such places.

ReputationRep:
    I'm 18 and I've been to
    1. USA- 3 times
    2. UK- 1 time
    3. Oman- 21 times
    4. France- 1
    5. Netherlands- 7
    6. Belgium- 8
    7. UAE- 3
    8. Switzerland- 1
    9. Germany- 3
    10. Italy- 2
    11. Vatican City- 1

I'd love to visit Austria, Greece, Romania, Hungary, other countries in East Europe, Egypt, countries in North- East Asia.

ReputationRep:
    I am 18 and have been to:

1. The USA
    2. Italy
    3. Spain + Majorca, Tenerife and Fuerteventura
    4. France
    5. Wales

I would like to go to Canada, not sure why

ReputationRep:
    I'm 25 and I've been to 17 different countries. 20 if you count the parts of the UK separately.

Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland are countries. They are just countries in a political union, much like Kenya, Burundi, Rwanda, Tanzania etc will still be "countries" in the coming Federation.
    It's still kind of debatable. You could say Punjab, Sikkim, Goa, etc. are all countries in a political union (India). Really the UK isn't that fundamentally different, except it's not actually a federation, and we call the constituent parts "countries". So England, Wales, Scotland and NI are countries in a sense, but I think it's a different sense to how most countries are countries.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Psyk)
    I'm 25 and I've been to 17 different countries. 20 if you count the parts of the UK separately.

It's still kind of debatable. You could say Punjab, Sikkim, Goa, etc. are all countries in a political union (India). Really the UK isn't that fundamentally different, except it's not actually a federation, and we call the constituent parts "countries". So England, Wales, Scotland and NI are countries in a sense, but I think it's a different sense to how most countries are countries.
    Punjab, Sikkim, Goa etc. cannot be called as countries in a political union because India happens to be Unitarian federation. Similarly, I don't see how Scotland, Wales etc. can be called as 'countries'. They're just units of a state.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Shruti2)
    Punjab, Sikkim, Goa etc. cannot be called as countries in a political union because India happens to be Unitarian federation. Similarly, I don't see how Scotland, Wales etc. can be called as 'countries'. They're just units of a state.
    They can be called 'countries' because that's what we call the units of our state

I know that in reality they are quite different things to independent countries, but even so, we use the same word for them. Illogical as that might be.

ReputationRep:
    I'm 20, I have been to every country in western Europe (exception to Ireland, Iceland and Scandinavian countries), Russia, Ukraine, Monaco (if we count it as a country) and soon Lithuania. Counting I would say: 14 soon 15.

I want to visit every country in the world. (When I am rich)

ReputationRep:
    I'm 18,

Scotland (if you count that as separate), France, Spain, USA (Arizona, Florida, California and going back this summer with BUNAC), Norway and China.

I really want to go to Thailand, India and South America. I'd ideally want a job that involves me travelling

ReputationRep:
    I'm 15 and have been to:
    france (where my mum is from)
    belgium (where my dad is from)
    switzerland (where I currently live)
    germany
    england (where I was born)
    Ireland
    Luxembourg (where my grandparents are from)
    spain
    portugal
    italy
    sweden
    Turkey
    india
    morocco
    south africa
    USA
    canada
    Vatican city
    bulgaria
    I want to go to: Japan, china, Russia, Kenya, Tunisia, Mexico, cyprus, brazil, Greece, Hawaii, Australia and New Zealand. Never gonna happen though :P

ReputationRep:
    I'm 18 from England and I've been to :

USA X4
    Greece X3
    Turkey X3
    Spain X2
    Italy X2
    Hungary X1
    Belgium X2
    Germany X5
    France X4
    Scotland X1
    Austria X1
    Malta X1

I'd love to go to Canada, South America, Asia and Australia.

ReputationRep:
    18 years old.

Visited 27 countries (give or take - this is what I can remember off the top of my head).

Would like to visit them all!

ReputationRep:
    wow, you've all been to so many different countries!

I'm 20 and so far have been:

- Wales (if it counts)
    - France (numerous times)
    - Belgium
    - Spain
    - Crete
    - Corfu
    - Turkey (3rd time this year)

However, next year I'm aiming to go New York, Barcelona, Rome and Paris so hopefully get a few more countries on my list

ReputationRep:
    I'm 20 and I have visited 12 countries, going up to 13 next month although some are debatable!

england (live here)
    Ireland x1
    Wales x6
    Scotland x9
    France x9
    Monaco x1 if that counts
    Italy x4
    Vatican City x2 if that counts
    Spain x14 including islands
    Belgium x1
    USA x4 (New York x2 Florida x2 and going again in August)
    Egypt x1

Going to Poland in May
    My aim in life is to see as much of the world as I can, as soon as I can afford to

ReputationRep:
    Scotland
    Wales
    France
    Turkey
    St. Lucia
    Poland
    Belgium

I want to go to:
    USA
    China
    Vietnam
    Australia
    An African road-trip

ReputationRep:
    How old are you and how many countries have you been to and how many would you ideally like to go to before the lights go out?

22 years old

I've been to

Europe:
    Sweden, Norway, Finland, Denmark, Estonia, UK, Netherlands, Belgium, Germany, Luxembourg, Austria, Austria, Switzerland, France, Italy, Spain, Croatia, Greece, Turkey.

Americas:
    Canada, USA, Costa Rica, Martinique, St. Lucia, Barbados, Trinidad and Tobago, Guyana, Brazil.

Asia and Oceania:
    China, Thailand, Malaysia, Singapore, Australia.

Africa:
    Egypt, South Africa.

That's 35 countries and I think that's all of them...

I'd like to go to every country, but on top of the list I've put South Korea, New Zealand, more of China, Russia and the moon once space tourism kicks off.

ReputationRep:

I've been to Wales, Scotland (do those two count?!), France, Belgium, Spain and the U.S. So 6 countries.

I want to go to at least 10 more, and def want to backpack in France at some point

ReputationRep:

7 ( France, Italy, Wales, Albania, Turkey, Vatican city (it's a country ), Austria)

I wanna go to Asia, Thailand and other exotic locations

ReputationRep:
    16 years old, 16 countries

England
    Spain
    Majorca
    Gibraltar
    Scotland
    Wales
    Ireland
    France
    Germany
    Italy
    Canada
    USA
    Belgium
    Netherlands
    Canary Islands
    Portugal

Would like to visit 100+

ReputationRep:

9 - Wales, Spain, France, Italy, Morocco, USA, Iceland, Gibraltar, Corsica (?)

Would like to visit countries in South America and Oceania.

ReputationRep:
    I'm 17 from England and have been to 14 other than England obviously (assuming you count the UK countries separately, which is debatable.

Wales, Scotland, France, Spain, Belgium, Netherlands, Switzerland, Italy, Sweden, Slovakia, USA, Poland, Germany, Gibraltar

Would like to visit:
    More of the USA (such as New York), more of Italy, Australia/New Zealand, South Africa.

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.