Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Facebook linked with confidence? Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kimprovising)
    OP is begging it
    Big time..

ReputationRep:
    It's a reasonable idea
    A better idea would be to make a TSR Facebook group where people make friends.
    A better idea again would be to just meet people from TSR in real life :P

ReputationRep:
    I feel as if you have an interior motive

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DoubleTapTim)
    I feel as if you have an interior motive
    What he's from a marketing company looking to engage with students :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shiinkii)
    In my time on TSR, I have seen a lot of posts regarding lack of confidence. The common factor in most of these posts is social networking sites like facebook. I have a proposition for you guys.

We should a little TSR group that supports each other on facebook, by liking each others pictures, statuses etc. Basicly building each others confidence. I'll create a private, invite only, group on facebook. If you want in, pm me your facebook name and i'll add you.

Peace!
    that doesnt resolve confidence issues, that masks it...
    its like youre fixing the symptoms of an illness rather than curing the illness itself...

whats the point? so you can get temporary gratification? a better way would be to find a way to resolve peoples confidence issues.... by doing so, your group idea will become redundant since once cured, a person wouldnt need 'likes' to their posts anymore to feel confident.

i dont believe youre building peoples confidences by liking their stuff... explain to me how it builds rather than alleviates? there is a difference between the two. the former actually helps resolve the problem, the latter in this context just temporarily removes it, but it will come back

thoughts? :holmes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pinkangelgirl)
    how awkward would it be if people in the group knew each other in real life though.

ouch....!

(Original post by bestofyou)
    So you are asking for petty likes?

OP is begging it

sigh

kate upton
    Shes hot.

(Original post by Odd Future)
    Likes may give your ego a "dirty rush" that'll make you feel good for a bit, but they don't boost your self Esteem. Self Esteem is something that you get through life experience, success, overcoming hard times... that sticks with you. Getting likes is no replacement for that.

(Original post by Millie228)
    Yes it is.

OP, surely you aren't serious?

I suppose it is the same logic which makes men lose their virginity to a prostitute to build their confidence with women. Even though the act basically means you have to pay someone to touch you, which I imagine will make them feel worse. Not to mention teach them all the wrong things in bed.

If some people feel better by a petty like, they are probably the same people who'd feel better just going out getting a doughnut.

(Original post by bestofyou)
    Plus, what happens when your friends start asking who the hell all these people liking your stuff are?

Hey, I saw your status the other day. Who is that Emma lass from Manchester?
    Oh, just a friend I met last year. You wouldn't know her.
    Yeah of course, that's why I'm asking. She is damn hot that's for sure. Where did you meet her?
    Aaaaaawwww...hmmmmmm where was it again? Ah yes, that's right. It was while we were rock climbing in Mexico. She fell and broke her leg and she had to piggy back ride me as I repelled the 3000m cliff.
    Oh...didn't know you climbed. What sort of ropes you got?
    Also, when did you go to Mexico?
    There is a lot you don't know about me William! Now stop asking stupid questions and get off my back ok?
    I posted this to prove something to someone. No one ever wants to admit they don't have confidence. The point of this post was to show that, despite the small benefits of this offer, most of you will shy away and turn it down because you are too scared of what people will think of you, too scared of being called sad and its easy to see why, a few of you have already passed judgement towards me, even though it was a mere offer and not a demand. Facebook holds that much weight in your life that you'll deem it ridiculous to even consider getting likes from some random person on the internet. For some of you, your timeline is just as important as actual physical possessions. I don't know what you guys did with your day, but I just won a bet.

ReputationRep:
    Shes hot.

I posted this to prove something to someone. No one ever wants to admit they don't have confidence. The point of this post was to show that, despite the small benefits of this offer, most of you will shy away and turn it down because you are too scared of what people will think of you, too scared of being called sad and its easy to see why, a few of you have already passed judgement towards me, even though it was a mere offer and not a demand. Facebook holds that much weight in your life that you'll deem it ridiculous to even consider getting likes from some random person on the internet. For some of you, your timeline is just as important as actual physical possessions. I don't know what you guys did with your day, but I just won a bet.
    No, most of us pointed out it was a bad idea because it's pointless. You don't even grasp your on thread. We didn't pass judgment on you, stop being so butthurt. Congrats on your bet, you seem to live a fulfilling life.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Millie228)
    No, most of us pointed out it was a bad idea because it's pointless. You don't even grasp your on thread. We didn't pass judgment on you, stop being so butthurt. Congrats on your bet, you seem to live a fulfilling life.
    Butthurt? Nowhere in that post did I indicate any emotional distress. Look at the amount of posts you make on TSR and look at mine, then tell me who lives a fulfilling life.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by consumed by stuff)
    that just would be so gay
    ALERT! ALERT! :woo: :woo:

The PC Police have been called!

ReputationRep:
    Butthurt? Nowhere in that post did I indicate any emotional distress. Look at the amount of posts you make on TSR and look at mine, then tell me who lives a fulfilling life.
    but who's saying those posts arent simply her being an active member of the community and enjoys helping people out...
    as opposed to, say, making "bets" on TSR in order to make themselves feel like they've achieved "something" (if it can even be called that)
    and for the record, there are MASSIVE hints of butthurt in that paragraph with undertones of "y u so meen 2 me???"

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ramkanwar55)
    but who's saying those posts arent simply her being an active member of the community and enjoys helping people out...
    as opposed to, say, making "bets" on TSR in order to make themselves feel like they've achieved "something" (if it can even be called that)
    and for the record, there are MASSIVE hints of butthurt in that paragraph with undertones of "y u so meen 2 me???"
    That's exactly my point, you cannot pass a judgement on someones life based on such a minute piece of information. I love how you assume I made a bet on TSR with someone on TSR. A whole lot of assuming going on here.

As for the butthurt thing, perceive it as you want man, that's your deal.

ReputationRep:
    soo... wondering how this turned out..

ReputationRep:
    A better idea would be just to delete Facebook altogether. I mean if you think about it do you really need it? If you DESPERATELY need to talk to someone phone them, or better yet meet them in real life! CRAZY I KNOW
    I deleted my facebook because it was quite depressing seeing all these people I didn't really like doing some cool **** and me just sitting on my ass playing video games and studying

ReputationRep:

OP can't be serious

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.