Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

What was your personal highlight of the UCAS application process? Watch

• PS Helper
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    PS Reviewer
    On the day of my Peninsula medicine interview, I got my Nottingham invitation to interview; on the day of my Notts interview, I got an (unexpected) AAB offer from Peninsula! Took the pressure off a bit
    Low point was probably getting a rejection from UEA literally 3 days after sending off my application...

ReputationRep:
    Getting my first offer (from Glasgow) the day after sending off my application felt great, but nothing beats the euphoria I felt when I got my offer from Durham while expecting a rejection and having just been rejected by Oxford...
    I was crying, sobbing, and laughing like a maniac... I was a mess, a very happy and relieved mess

ReputationRep:
    I have two.

1) Sending my UCAS off on 15th November 2012 and getting an offer from the University of Essex for Modern History and Politics on the 17th November... On my Birthday.

2) ****ing up with UUUU at AS level on August 18th 2011 and at least achieving BCD on August 16th 2012. I didn't think I would get any offers particularly for History and Politics. I achieved all five offers including an offer from my firm university.

University of Kent.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ilyas)
    Omg I know! I looked at the grade boundaries too, I thought I did badly on the last A2 chem paper having walked out of the exam hall literally being able to count my mistakes, and saw the grade boundaries before results day and they were actually very high... then I met my offer which was a B in chemistry and I got the B! I had 420/600 UMS so if I dropped one ums point I'd have missed both of my offers, so it was extra special, having literally scraped my way in.
    i'd looked at the A level German grade boundries and nearly cried. They were exactly the same as the year before, but our paper was SO much harder. (We did the previous paper as a mock exam)

ReputationRep:
    I originally applied for food science and nutrition but after writing my personal statement for that I realised I didn't want to do that so I changed to computer science and games technology. Really happy I made that change because I don't think I would have been happy studying nutrition for 6 years.

I got CCUU at the end of AS but I somehow managed to get 5 offers asking for BBB or 300 points. So happy with that My brother kept saying that I was never going to get any offers with my AS grades so I'm glad to have proved him wrong.

ReputationRep:
    Getting an offer from my first choice - I literally went crazy... And also getting an offer from Kings as I didn't think I would!

But I was kinda proud when I got a call straight after my interview with a offer after they told everyone they wouldn't let us know that day

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Getting my first offer which was from LSE. What made it so good is that it was my second received decision, first being a rejection from St Andrews, after which I thought I was going to face 5 rejections!

ReputationRep:
    Getting my first medicine offer (st.georges), did the worlds biggest fist pump and proceeded to call/message everybody I knew.

ReputationRep:
    Getting my first Medicine offer (Dundee) after receiving four rejections last year.

Squealed like a guinea pig and then cried. A lot.

A close second was accepting my unconditional from St. Andrews. Finally, two years of UCAS.. over!

ReputationRep:
    Getting unconditional offers from all 5 including warwick and LSE (MMORSE and Maths and econ) A*AA achieved last year with AAAB at AS the year before, nothing special!!!!! GCSEs were 5A*s, 2As, 4Bs, nothing special there either.

Last year was 4 rejections and I ended up with King's to read maths.

ReputationRep:
    1- Getting my offer to study medicine at Leeds, after rejections from everywhere else
    2- The idea that the whole UCAS process could be over and I now only need to focus on grades, I hated the stupid website but then again student finance forms are just as bad :P

ReputationRep:
    My best moment was getting an offer for Medicine at Hull-York, although it actually feels better in hindsight as I was too shocked at the time to register what it said xD
    A close second had to be the interview at HYMS though; literally never thought an interview would be so enjoyable :P

ReputationRep:
    Receiving an offer letter from Cambridge.

ReputationRep:
    a) My interview at Chichester uni
    b) Receiving my conditional offer from Chi
    c) The offer changing to unconditional on track in February
    d) Handing my notice in at work today. A whole 16 weeks, but I couldn't contain the excitement any longer!

ReputationRep:
    Getting an offer from St. Andrews, my firm choice, during an open day at Edinburgh, then just leaving and going home since I wasn't even considering there any more

ReputationRep:
    Getting two unconditionals from glasgow the moment I steped off the aeroplane from Ghana!

ReputationRep:
    Seems like medicene offers are a drug in themselves haha!

ReputationRep:
    Finally firming and insuring, the wait is over!
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Getting 3 offers in one day from the unis of Nottingham, Leeds and Manchester. Made all that more sweeter by my tutor saying a week previously "but you retook your AS year..you'd be better off applying to Nottingham Trent, Leeds Met and Manchester Met."

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    2nd was when I got the alert that my application has been sent. I was with friends who also got a alert, and we all jumped for joy like we'd got into uni already lol

But best so far is getting into my firm. I'd loved it for ages and getting the offer was the penultimate thing I needed to finally get there. When I get the grades though I know that'll be the best moment. :moon:

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Applying to uni

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Graduates celebrate

How to write a good personal statement

Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

Uni match

Uni match

Can't decide where to apply? Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Two students working together

A-Z of universities

Read our guides to unis and colleges from around the UK

A student working on a computer

Personal statement help

Use our tool to get your ideal PS quickly!

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student looking down a microscope

Planning open days

Find upcoming open days and get advice on preparing.

Help out other students

These questions still need an answer

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.