Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    -I've never seen Avatar.
    -I thought The Hobbit was actually a pretty good film, and those 2 hours 49 minutes flew by because I enjoyed it so much.
    -I enjoyed Terminator 3 and Legend Of Zorro.
    -I thought the remake of Total Recall was better than the original.
    -I loved the Star Wars prequels.
    -JJ Abrams is the best thing to ever happen to sci-fi films.
    -The Hangover films were OK, not the best comedies I've seen.

-(Probably my worst confession): I love the Human Centipede films. Part 1 was genius although not gruesome enough. Part 2 took things to a whole new level and is probably the best horror movie I've ever seen. I watched every single minute of it. Can't wait for Part 3 now!

ReputationRep:
    I kind of liked X-Men 3, please don't kill me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CharlieTT)
    I kind of liked X-Men 3, please don't kill me.
    Man you set the bar low... Haha all the x-men's are fantastic

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by asif007)
    -I've never seen Avatar.
    -I thought The Hobbit was actually a pretty good film, and those 2 hours 49 minutes flew by because I enjoyed it so much.
    -I enjoyed Terminator 3 and Legend Of Zorro.
    -I thought the remake of Total Recall was better than the original.
    -I loved the Star Wars prequels.
    -JJ Abrams is the best thing to ever happen to sci-fi films.
    -The Hangover films were OK, not the best comedies I've seen.

-(Probably my worst confession): I love the Human Centipede films. Part 1 was genius although not gruesome enough. Part 2 took things to a whole new level and is probably the best horror movie I've ever seen. I watched every single minute of it. Can't wait for Part 3 now!
    Avatar is just the same as 'The Last samurai' except instead of japs it's aliens.

The Hobbit is enjoyable but it's miserably 'fatted' out with parts that only work in a book' ie hobbits washing dishes for 45 mins.

Star wars prequels ! Yes anything star wars is sci fi perfection . Of cause and JJ Abrams made Star trek cool and sexy

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Muppet treasure island! :dance:

I enjoyed The Notebook. :pierre:

ReputationRep:
    I could watch Showgirls over and over again.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I think 13 Going On 30 is a genuinely good film.

ReputationRep:
    - I think the first ever film I ever cried about was The Gladiator!
    - I was never really into the whole Harry Potter hype, though I have seen all of the films.
    - I only like the last 3 Harry Potter films.
    - I've never seen The Notebook.
    - I actually do like Avatar.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ape Gone Insane)
    I enjoyed The Notebook. :pierre:
    I enjoy what happens whilst watching The Notebook.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by amyshamblesxx)
    I think 13 Going On 30 is a genuinely good film.
    Me too ! I actually really liked it

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JCC-MGS)
    You don't like Citizen Kane but you like Forest Gump? Now there's a guilty confession
    I watched Citizen Kane a long time ago but have only recently watched Forrest Gump so maybe my opinion is a bit bias lol

ReputationRep:
    forest gump is great

ReputationRep:
    I hated The Departed and No Country for Old Men (apart from the scene in the dark where Bardem tries to shoot Brolin through his door and they have a gunfight in the street, that bit was awesome!) - I found them really slow and boring, only to have a bloodbath at the end.

I thought that the Godfather 3 was not a bad film at all.

Avatar was just Pocohontas in the future.

I think that Cars 2 wasn't a bad film (especially compared to Cars 1)

I thought that the Lion King films were awful and highly overrated.

Django Unchained was kind of overrated and dragged on (but good overall).

I have never seen Pulp Fiction (I really want to though!)

I love JJ Abrams's take on Star Trek and can't wait to see what he does with Star Wars.

I think it'd be interesting to see what a Star Wars movie would be like if directed by Quentin Tarantino.

I thought that the A-Team film from 2009 was good.

Expendables 1 was awful, but 2 was absolutely fantastic as far as action movies go.

The Daredevil film is underrated.

ReputationRep:
    I think 'Titanic' is a great film. My friends all call me a fairy for liking it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SpiggyTopes)
    I think 'Titanic' is a great film. My friends all call me a fairly for liking it.
    It's fair enough to like it. The boat sinking half of the film is phenomenal.

ReputationRep:
    I've only cried once whilst watching a film. The last Harry Potter -film, Fred. 'Nuff said.

Otherwise I just laugh when everyone else is crying.

ReputationRep:
    I hated The Avengers - in fact when I saw it all 20 of us who were there together fell asleep. With the exception of one.
    Oh - and double thunder claps - never seen Star Wars or the Lord of the Rings

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aleandcynicism)
    • Avatar was really quite average. Visuals were great, but the story was meh

I'm not sure that's a guilty secret, that's a pretty common opinion.

OT: I love dumb 80s action films. Die Hard, Shwarzenegger, Eddie Murphy. They don't take themselves too seriously and they're amazing for it. I wish I had grown up in a time when films didn't need good visuals and a contrived plot- they just needed a big-name actor and some fun action.

Also, I hate Skyfall. It killed the idea of James Bond and everything it stood for, instead going for the 'contrived plot' I mentioned. The character changing was used as a plot. I get this is a good plot for games where you are the character, but I didn't go in to see a spy film about a spy. I went in to see a James Bond. I wanted cool gadgets, cool locations, Bond girls and car chases. I was disappointed.

ReputationRep:
    I was never allowed to see any movies above my age, so I am vastly behind, and have never seen

Godfather
    Reservoir Dogs
    Any star wars film or Lord of the Rings
    Gladiator
    and loads more.

Clockwork Orange is my favourite film?

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.