Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

So... Who's getting relegated then? Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stu Laverty)
    They're in trouble if they get rid of Pulis though. He's designed this team specifically to play his way and only his way. If Stoke are to play better football, their entire squad will probably need an overhaul.
    Agreed. I think Stoke should have enough in the bag to stay up. With Crouch, Jones, Owen and Jerome surely they will regain a bit of form.

ReputationRep:
    Stoke might be in trouble.. they've been terrible away from home all season (1 win, 6 draws, 9 losses - 9 points from 48 possible points).

They have 3 away games (which include QPR and Sunderland who are in the mix too) and then 2 of their home games are against Man Utd and Spurs!

ReputationRep:
    Unfortunately QPR . Reading and sunderland will go down.

ReputationRep:
    Must admit - I'm quite surprised at the amount of people who think that Sunderland will be relegated. Might I ask why Sunderland and not Stoke, not Wigan, not Villa?

Stoke - 34 points - 3 clear - 18 remaining

Manchester United (H) - 0
    QPR (A) - 0
    Norwich (H) - 1
    Sunderland (A) - 0
    Spurs (H) - 0
    Southampton (A) - 3

TOTAL: 38

Aston Villa - 33 points - 2 clear - 18 remaining

Fulham (H) - 1
    Manchester United (A) - 0
    Sunderland (H) - 1
    Norwich (A) - 0
    Chelsea (H) - 0
    Wigan (A) - 0

TOTAL: 35

Sunderland - 31 points - 0 clear - 18 remaining

Newcastle United (A) - 0
    Everton (H) - 0
    Aston Villa (A) - 1
    Stoke (H) - 3
    Southampton (H) - 1
    Tottenham Hotspur (A) - 0

TOTAL: 36

Wigan - 31 points - 0 clear - 21 remaining

Manchester City (A) - 0
    West Ham (A) - 1
    Tottenham Hotspur (H) - 0
    West Brom (H) - 1
    Swansea - (A) - 1
    Arsenal (H) - 0
    Aston Villa (A) - 3

TOTAL: 37

FINAL BOTTOM SIX:

Stoke - 38
    Wigan - 37
    Sunderland - 36
    Aston Villa - 35
    QPR
    Reading

ReputationRep:
    Reading and QPR are a given I think. I don't see a comeback for them.

The third is difficult though.
    I'm betting on Sunderland since they've just lost Martin O'Neill.
    Villa seem to be making a bit of a push towards the end of this season. Hopefully enough to keep us up :crossedf:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ninuzu)
    With just 6/7 games left this season in the premier league, the focus is very much on the bottom half with just 6 points separating the 11th place to 18th. So, who do you reckon will avoid the drop, and who do you think will go down?

Attachment 207797

I think Reading and QPR are gone, and I think either Sunderland/Stoke will join them.

Being a Villa fan I'm desperately trying to be optimistic!
    Not us. We have enough quality to stay up and now that Sunderland have sacked O'Neil, I'm even more confident. Gabby is scoring when it really matters and if Guzan and Bentekke can continue their strong seasons, then we sound be safe and sound.

Wigan, QPR, Sunderland.

ReputationRep:
    Villa lads -

O'Neill was absolutely pitiful for Sunderland. Honestly, one of the worst managers we've ever had. Worse than Bruce, by far.

I think it'll either be Sunderland or Villa who goes down mind. Could go either way.

Hinges on whether we beat Stoke and you beat Wigan.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 321zero)
    Not us. We have enough quality to stay up and now that Sunderland have sacked O'Neil, I'm even more confident. Gabby is scoring when it really matters and if Guzan and Bentekke can continue their strong seasons, then we sound be safe and sound.

Wigan, QPR, Sunderland.
    Villa are 16th in the PL for attack and 18th in the PL for defence. Not sure how you've taken 'enough quality to stay up' from that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ilickbatteries)
    Must admit - I'm quite surprised at the amount of people who think that Sunderland will be relegated. Might I ask why Sunderland and not Stoke, not Wigan, not Villa?
    Momentum, basically. Villa are starting to pick up points, Sunderland have been struggling for a while. Plus it helps that Villa actually have players that can score goals. That's why most people are going for Sunderland and Stoke to go down: because neither team has any momentum going into the final run-in and neither team can score goals.

ReputationRep:
    I hope it's Stoke. I can't stand Tony Pulis. QPR (Quite Pathetic Really) and Reading are definitely going down.

I want Sunderland to stay up. They have Di Canio as manager, it's always entertaining to have a controversial/funny individual in football.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stu Laverty)
    Momentum, basically. Villa are starting to pick up points, Sunderland have been struggling for a while. Plus it helps that Villa actually have players that can score goals. That's why most people are going for Sunderland and Stoke to go down: because neither team has any momentum going into the final run-in and neither team can score goals.
    Fair points.

I disagree (naturally) because I'm hoping that bringing Di Canio in will give us a little lift and a bit of a boost when we're lacking (as you say) momentum.

I don't think momentum is as important as you seem to believe though.

ReputationRep:
    I really do hope Stoke go down awful Tony Pulis still hasn't evolved much as a manager still playing dinosaur football.

ReputationRep:

Stoke - 34 points - 3 clear - 18 remaining

Manchester United (H) - 0
    QPR (A) - 0
    Norwich (H) - 1
    Sunderland (A) - 0
    Spurs (H) - 0
    Southampton (A) - 3

TOTAL: 38

Aston Villa - 33 points - 2 clear - 18 remaining

Fulham (H) - 1
    Manchester United (A) - 0
    Sunderland (H) - 1
    Norwich (A) - 0
    Chelsea (H) - 0
    Wigan (A) - 0

TOTAL: 35

Sunderland - 31 points - 0 clear - 18 remaining

Newcastle United (A) - 0
    Everton (H) - 0
    Aston Villa (A) - 1
    Stoke (H) - 3
    Southampton (H) - 1
    Tottenham Hotspur (A) - 0

TOTAL: 36

Wigan - 31 points - 0 clear - 21 remaining

Manchester City (A) - 0
    West Ham (A) - 1
    Tottenham Hotspur (H) - 0
    West Brom (H) - 1
    Swansea - (A) - 1
    Arsenal (H) - 0
    Aston Villa (A) - 3

TOTAL: 37

FINAL BOTTOM SIX:

Stoke - 38
    Wigan - 37
    Sunderland - 36
    Aston Villa - 35
    QPR
    Reading
    Big shout to say Stoke will beat Southampton at St Mary's... If the game was this weekend I'd disagree, but by the end of the season Southampton will have nothing to play for so you may be right.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ninuzu)
    Big shout to say Stoke will beat Southampton at St Mary's... If the game was this weekend I'd disagree, but by the end of the season Southampton will have nothing to play for so you may be right.
    That's what I was thinking, but anything can happen. It's hard to predict the outcome of one game, let alone six.

I think it'll go to the final day. Your game vs. Wigan might be very significant for both parties.

ReputationRep:
    That's what I was thinking, but anything can happen. It's hard to predict the outcome of one game, let alone six.

I think it'll go to the final day. Your game vs. Wigan might be very significant for both parties.
    Exactly. I think this weekend is massive for Villa. Fulham are in great form, but if Villa win I don't see the other teams around us getting points this weekend, so would be huge. But a tall ask against a strong Fulham team!

ReputationRep:
    Damn it Reading. Last time we got relegated it took something like 6 years to get back up.

ReputationRep:
    Hopefully Stoke. *******s.

ReputationRep:
    Seems although everyone wants Stoke to go down!

ReputationRep:
    Villa are 16th in the PL for attack and 18th in the PL for defence. Not sure how you've taken 'enough quality to stay up' from that.
    Bentekke, Weimann, Agbonlahor, Guzan and Vlaar. = Quality.

Villa will not get relegated.

Whoever negged me, when Villa stay up, you owe me an apology.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 321zero)
    Bentekke, Weimann, Agbonlahor, Guzan and Vlaar. = Quality.

Villa will not get relegated.
    The league table doesn't lie - the teams comparatively bereft of quality will be languishing near the bottom come the final games of the season.

If Villa's (and Wigan's, and Stoke's, and Sunderland's and Reading's and QPR's) squads had quality, they wouldn't be at the bottom reaches of the table.

For a team who 'will not get relegated', since the first game, Villa haven't been out of the bottom half all season. They've spent 28 of 32 gameweeks in the bottom five, and eight in the bottom three. Villa are seriously bereft of quality and are in serious danger of going down, IMO.

Sunderland: 9 in the bottom five, 31 in the bottom half
    Stoke: 0 in the bottom five, 14 in the bottom half
    Wigan: 21 in the bottom five, 29 in the bottom half
    Villa: 28 in the bottom five, 32 in the bottom half

Villa have spent one gameweek less than Wigan in the relegation zone.

I suspect that you're a Villa fan and that I'm a Sunderland fan and with both our clubs facing imminent danger, we're doing all we can to minimise the sense of danger we're feeling. However, when you look at it statistically, Villa are either seriously bereft of Premier League quality or very, very unlucky.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: May 15, 2013
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.