Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Petition to Cameron and Osborne to Resign watch

ReputationRep:
    There is no chance of Cameron/Osborne resigning until Boris is in position to challenge for the leadership. Now that he has actually admitted he would like to, both his followers and Cameron's friends would block any movement for new leadership until Boris is ready.

ReputationRep:
    Someone has forgotten Balls and Brown rather quickly :mmm:

You bloomin' Lefties. The Tories have done just as much for the working class as Labour did in their last term, raising the income tax threshold, keeping the top level of income tax higher than it was for the majority of Labour's last term in power.

But hey, you blindly attack a few policies and make pointless noise like a baby in a pram, it's what we've grown to expect of a certain set of you on the left.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by meenu89)
    Thanks but no thanks.
    If you dont mind me asking, how long are you going to have that 'Custom User Title'?

Im hoping you wont reply with 'but i do mind' :crossedf:

To OP- a petition of this kind wont have a big impact if any.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Mad Dog)
    We only get a vote once in every 5 years, that isn't democracy it's short term dictatorship.
    Government would not work properly with three year terms.

Also, many more people voted for the Government than will ever sign that petition. How is it more democratic for 100000 or so people to decide who it the PM & Chancellor?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JamesNeedHelp2)
    If you dont mind me asking, how long are you going to have that 'Custom User Title'?

Im hoping you wont reply with 'but i do mind' :crossedf:

To OP- a petition of this kind wont have a substantial impact if any.
    I don't know to be honest.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HarveyCanis)
    Then I'll wait for a majority of the UK population to sign the petition. Otherwise it would be anti-democratic to call a GE based on it.
    :chaplin:You know you've proven him wrong when you get no reply! Good lad! :congrats:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Architecture-er)
    ..when it used to be £125 billion
    It does some what destroy Cameron's claim to be paying down Britain's debts. It's also a completely destruction of the government that tackling our economic situation is vital for our next generation and that they are doing it. Do they forget who has to pay back this rising debt that's being used as a cover for what is basically the deficit reduction caused by statistical manipulation? Yes, that's the right the next generation they claim to be helping. Me and You. Their failure to get any significant economic growth is abomination that makes the other failings even worse, a stagnant economy is not going to help our next generation.

Basically they've been too optimistic on how quickly their reforms would take effect, but they're still bringing us back in a stable balanced way that Labourrepared to take bold steps to reduce our deficit and take new initiat would never manage.
    Their reforms are destroying education and the NHS and creating an over-burdensome centralisation.

(Original post by Astonix)
    And any less would cause political fatigue and nothing would ever get done.
    We need a radical reform in our democracy that says goodbye to the Westminster model. This reform needs to focus on local people having power of local services and dictating local economic and social policies. Westminster should control only nationally by necessity areas of our governance.

ReputationRep:
    We need a radical reform in our democracy that says goodbye to the Westminster model. This reform needs to focus on local people having power of local services and dictating local economic and social policies. Westminster should control only nationally by necessity areas of our governance.
    Yo dawg, that's cool and all, but it has nothing to do with this petition. What you should be doing is rallying support for a party that supports your views, or looking at creating your own party.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Astonix)
    Yo dawg, that's cool and all, but it has nothing to do with this petition. What you should be doing is rallying support for a party that supports your views, or looking at creating your own party.
    The problem with the Westminster system is that is nye on impossible. By kicking this government out we make it more fallible and build support for reform.

ReputationRep:
    It does some what destroy Cameron's claim to be paying down Britain's debts. It's also a completely destruction of the government that tackling our economic situation is vital for our next generation and that they are doing it. Do they forget who has to pay back this rising debt that's being used as a cover for what is basically the deficit reduction caused by statistical manipulation? Yes, that's the right the next generation they claim to be helping. Me and You. Their failure to get any significant economic growth is abomination that makes the other failings even worse, a stagnant economy is not going to help our next generation.

Their reforms are destroying education and the NHS and creating an over-burdensome centralisation.
    Well I agree that Gove can go **** himself, but personally I don't see any other solution than what they're doing for the economy, and it's working. Yes it's slow, but it's safe.

I don't think blaming the govt for the failings of a generation is particularly relevant, especially since the govt wasn't in power when we were flushed down the ****ter.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    https://submissions.epetitions.direc...etitions/33327

Whilst this has received a response from the government this petition could be discussed in parliament if you sign it so help bring that debate. There are many backbenchers in parliament who would be glad to see the back of the least competent Prime Minister and Chancellor in a generation and would vote for this and deliver a damaging blow to the coalition and I'm sure there is many people on this site who will agree that these two should go I urge you to sign this petition. 20 days. It needs 70,000 signatures in 20 days, so circulate it everywhere.
    You know since the Tories got 10 million votes in the last election (or so wiki says) I don't think the signatures of 70,000 on this issue should really matter at all. We have elections for a reason.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Steevee)
    Someone has forgotten Balls and Brown rather quickly :mmm:

You bloomin' Lefties. The Tories have done just as much for the working class as Labour did in their last term, raising the income tax threshold, keeping the top level of income tax higher than it was for the majority of Labour's last term in power.

But hey, you blindly attack a few policies and make pointless noise like a baby in a pram, it's what we've grown to expect of a certain set of you on the left.
    Glad to see there are some others who remember Brown and Balls and how badly they performed.

The problem with lefties is they spend money they don't have in the "hope" it will pay back in the future, when in fact it doesn't, it cripples the economy and leads to future austerity.

Look at Obama in the US, your average American is completely ignorant to what he has done to their economy, bringing the debt up to never before seen levels, some £16 trillion now I believe, by spending his way out of a recession. When in four or eight years the Republicans retake control, that same average American is going to whine and moan at the austerity they have to endure to fix Obama's mess.

The same is happening in the UK, the average, and you have to be fairly economically ignorant to vote Labour lets be honest, UK person who voted in Blair, and allowed him, Brown and Balls to destroy the economy, are now moaning when the Tories fix it.

If you have a massive debt with the bank, would it be a sensible idea to take out a massive loan from another to pay off the first? No. The same logic should be employed in Government, can you borrow your way out of debt? Again, no.

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

ReputationRep:
    The coalition have bet everything on austerity, which is failing. Everyone knows it, if you don't believe it then youre naive. Of course they won't admit their failings but we're now downgraded and being told its wrong by the IMF.

The debt will now be 200 billion more than planned over their parliament. Since the 6% gdp crash in 2008 we have recovered 3%, 2.6% of that was while Labour were still in.

I voted Lib Dem, never will again and have zero confidence in the current leadership, as do many other supporters and even amongst Tories too. A vote of no confidence is entirely appropriate.

IIRC under Camerons leadership the party has seen 'donations' from the financial sector triple. So its no surprise to see him defending the banks so much and maintaining the de-regulated status quo with.banking leading our economy - the reason our economy is in such a mess now. Massively out of touch, shown well in the EU vote on bankers bonuses of 27-1, that one vote against was us.

Europes strongest economy is Germany, built on solid industrial foundations and manufacturing - you know, what Thatcher got rid of here.

Tramp down the dirt and dish out the P45's!

ReputationRep:
    I forgot to mention that they didnt even win a majority of the vote and only got in thanks to "I'll work with anyone" Clegg.

Osborne said himself that his reputation should be judged on his ability to maintain our AAA rating. A big fail there then.

ReputationRep:
    USA and France, both left wing, free spending countries who have done nothing to tackle their debts, lost their triple AAA ratings long before us, so it shows spending don't work. You'll notice Germany is under austerity too, so your examples and your message don't link up, we never have been the industrial might Germany has, our economy is service based, and always will be. Coal would not have changed a thing, and was a hinderance on our economy, and Thatcher was right to remove it. If your going on how much growth labour had, you should also give the deficit to them, and the debt, and admit they caused it and didn't get us out of it

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Big-Benji)
    The coalition have bet everything on austerity, which is failing. Everyone knows it, if you don't believe it then youre naive. Of course they won't admit their failings but we're now downgraded and being told its wrong by the IMF.

The debt will now be 200 billion more than planned over their parliament. Since the 6% gdp crash in 2008 we have recovered 3%, 2.6% of that was while Labour were still in.

I voted Lib Dem, never will again and have zero confidence in the current leadership, as do many other supporters and even amongst Tories too. A vote of no confidence is entirely appropriate.

IIRC under Camerons leadership the party has seen 'donations' from the financial sector triple. So its no surprise to see him defending the banks so much and maintaining the de-regulated status quo with.banking leading our economy - the reason our economy is in such a mess now. Massively out of touch, shown well in the EU vote on bankers bonuses of 27-1, that one vote against was us.

Europes strongest economy is Germany, built on solid industrial foundations and manufacturing - you know, what Thatcher got rid of here.

Tramp down the dirt and dish out the P45's!
    You mean due to the economic turmoil that has continued the Tory policy is taking a bit longer than they'd hope? Well dash it all, they should be able to see the future eh?!

And the if you honestly think we could follow a German economic model you must be mad. We're very, very different nations, with very, very different economies. You think we should have kept the industry we had in the 80s? The hopelessly bloated workforces with madly overpowered Unions that were holding us to ransom? There was a reason we were the sick man of europe, it was our industry!

And I always laugh when people point out donations to the Tories. You mean rich people and firms donate to a party that has the economic interests of the nation at heart? What about the Unions and Labour? If you deplore one you must deplore the other, or keep donations out of it.

ReputationRep:
    It's not a few uber-left political activists. Millions of people believe Osborne and Cameron to be incompetent and dangerous, including members of his own party.
    This is the opinion of every opposition for every government for the past hundred years.

Poll
Who is your favourite TV detective?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.