Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Counselling: Have you ever Watch

• View Poll Results: Have you ever had a form of counseling?
    Yes and it was beneficial
    33.33%
    Yes but it didnt help
    43.75%
    No but I'm considering it
    12.50%
    No and I dont think its for me
    10.42%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TenOfThem)
    I ticked NO, but then I remembered that I had some help from victim support ... would that count
    Yeah, I'd consider that in a sub group of counseling as an umbrella term, as its for something more specific

I did, but it just made me feel even worse about what was wrong. I met my boyfriend a few weeks later, and he made me much happier, and put everything into perspective far better than the counsellor, who just reinforced that everything was my fault.

ReputationRep:
    I saw a counsellor once a week for three/four years between the ages of 13 and 17.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Had counselling and didn't work for me at all. Then moved on to psychologist and psychiatrist and worked much better. However I am probably quite a severe case anyway.
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Very Important Poster
    (Original post by Noirla)
    You sound pretty certain, how come you havent already tried it out?

If you had already been approached with the opportunity to try it, would you have taken it?
    I tried it before and it ended up with "all your stomach issues (which I've had since I was 1) are in your head". I was never seen again after that.

ReputationRep:
    I want to try it out.. ..

I'm not really sure how to go about it.. and I would feel embarrassed if people found out I went to it.

My parents might end getting stressed about it too.

ReputationRep:
    Complete waste of time for me, unfortunately

ReputationRep:
    Nah, psychologist suspected I wouldn't really benefit much from it but offered me the option. Couldn't commit to the session times/frequency due to work anyway. Since then my diagnosis changed to bipolar anyway so really need to get meds right more than anything.

ReputationRep:
    I'm doing some now unfortuantely I have Anger management problems, can't control myself. I end up sounding really mean and feeling quiet guilty!

So far it has been going well, I would say; try it to my fellow Aubergines and Humans, what can't hurt you can only be useful.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hannahchan)
    I want to try it out.. ..

I'm not really sure how to go about it.. and I would feel embarrassed if people found out I went to it.

My parents might end getting stressed about it too.
    Do not be scared and do not be ashamed, I think anyone who is capable of going into some room speaking with some random starnger, is very brave indeed!

You do not have to inform your parents, it is up to you, maybe inform them after you see improvements in whatever it is.

I'm just starting the process at the moment, if you require any advise inbox me and I will be happy to help.

Kind Regards

Angry Aubergine

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 10, 2013
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.