Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi All,

I am coming from the USA-- Miami Beach, FL, to be exact, in September for the MA in Creative & Cultural Entrpreneurship: Music Pathway. I don't know anything about housing but it would be nice to make a few friends before leaving!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nataliacif)
    Hi jenni I will be also attending the Ma in contemporary art theory. I hope to see you around. I am from Mexico, si I'm glad you are also an international student.
    Let's be in touch..

I am attending Goldsmiths for my MA in Contemporary Art Theory. I just submitted my request for Raymont Hall. I was hoping Ewen Henderson would be available since 1. it's closer to Goldsmiths, 2. it's postgrads only, 3. it's less people per flat 4. it's for approximately the same price (when comparing to 2012 prices).

I was thinking of renting a flat and maybe finding roomates, but it's hard since I am from the US and will not go to London until late August/early September. Does anyone know a trustworthy site to look for flats? Is anyone looking for a roomate?
    [/QUOTE]

Hi guys,

I'm going to be doing an MA in Art and Politics and will be renting out a large house and will be looking to share it with other fellow postgrad Goldsmiths students. I'm actually doing viewings next week so will have a house secured hopefully in a week or two.

I am looking to move in around mid-late August or early September, so if you're still interested in a room hit me up on Facebook

I'm an international student as well but have lived in London for 5 years already.

https://www.facebook.com/vmorozova

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys,

I'm going to be doing an MA in Art and Politics and will be renting out a large house and will be looking to share it with other fellow postgrad Goldsmiths students. I'm actually doing viewings next week so will have a house secured hopefully in a week or two.

I am looking to move in around mid-late August or early September, so if you're still interested in a room hit me up on Facebook

I'm an international student as well but have lived in London for 5 years already.
    [/QUOTE]

Hi,

That sounds really interesting as this housing thing is getting complicated (i was accepted late in the game due to a delay in my majors dept.) I just added you to facebook.

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys,

https://www.facebook.com/vmorozova[/QUOTE]

I'd be interested as well, I just added you on facebook!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kellbell)
    I'll be starting the MA applied theatre program in September.

Me too. Are you a part time or full time student?

ReputationRep:
    perhaps closer to September when all of us will be in London hopefully, we could all meet up for a drink before the madness of postgraduate studies commences. Just an idea.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vernyak)
    Me too. Are you a part time or full time student?
    I'm an international student so full time was really the only option for me.

ReputationRep:
    Hi everyone,

I am attending the MA in Promotional Media this Fall. Anyone joins the same? I am from Vietnam. Have no idea about where to live just yet. Actually I am apply for the Pre-sessional English course in August, plan to stay at the Hall and during that time I will look out for a rent. Hope I can find some good friends for a sharehouse

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Suubi)
    perhaps closer to September when all of us will be in London hopefully, we could all meet up for a drink before the madness of postgraduate studies commences. Just an idea.
    Thats a great idea.

Add me on facebook: www.facebook.com/shayna.marcos

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, getting together for a drink sounds good! I'm doing MA brands, communication and culture.

ReputationRep:
    Hello all,

I am an international student and will be attending MA design and environment this Sept. I do wonder about living condition in Batavia Mews since Raymont is a bit far imagining walking to school on a rainy day....

Would be great to make a few friends before arrival!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Shay_)
    Thats a great idea.

Add me on facebook: www.facebook.com/shayna.marcos
    Hi Shay I have just sent you a friend request on Facebook talk to you soon hopefully.

ReputationRep:
    Hi all,

There is one Facebook Group created for Postgrads 2013/14, called: "Goldsmiths Postgrads 2013/14". Just type in the words and you will see. Lets make friends and hang out there.

ReputationRep:
    Hi all,

From western New Jersey, USA and will being attending Goldsmiths for an MA in Musical Theatre this fall. Trying to meet some people and get an idea about housing before I hope across the pond. Anyone else who is on this forum and part of this program?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by floflor)
    Hello all,

I am an international student and will be attending MA design and environment this Sept. I do wonder about living condition in Batavia Mews since Raymont is a bit far imagining walking to school on a rainy day....

Would be great to make a few friends before arrival!
    I applied for housing in Raymont just for that sole fact. But I am hesitant to walk 20 mins in the rain everyday. I was wondering if there was a bus or something that transports students... but I havent found that info online or from any other students. I'm still interested in looking at off-campus housing but its really difficult not being there in person.

There is a group i was invited to on facebook called Goldsmiths Postgrads 2013/2014, everyone should join it so we can chat.

ReputationRep:
    Can't find the facebook group...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Shay_)
    I applied for housing in Raymont just for that sole fact. But I am hesitant to walk 20 mins in the rain everyday. I was wondering if there was a bus or something that transports students... but I havent found that info online or from any other students. I'm still interested in looking at off-campus housing but its really difficult not being there in person.

There is a group i was invited to on facebook called Goldsmiths Postgrads 2013/2014, everyone should join it so we can chat.
    I did some looking on the travel for london website, and there's a tube stop only a few minutes walk from Raymont (Brockley Station), and it would only be about 4 minutes to New Cross Gate. I think there's also a bus route that would take about 10 minutes. I'm considering getting a student travel pass anyways, but still kind of a pain.

Also the Brockley area looks pretty quiet. If I'm commuting to campus anyways, I think I'd prefer living somewhere with a bit more in the way of shops, pubs, and restaurants.

ReputationRep:
    Hi All,

I'll be starting on the MA Arts Administration and Cultural Policy course this September.

I'm also trying to work out what to do about housing, would prefer a room in a house to halls. I Lived in London for 3 years while doing my degree and lived in houses then.

I'd also be keen to meet up with everyone. I live about an hour from London at the moment and am up there a lot for work, so fairly easy to look at rooms / meet up.

my facebook is www.facebook.com/caroline.shelley if anyone wants to add me or chat more.

Caroline

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kellbell)
    I did some looking on the travel for london website, and there's a tube stop only a few minutes walk from Raymont (Brockley Station), and it would only be about 4 minutes to New Cross Gate. I think there's also a bus route that would take about 10 minutes. I'm considering getting a student travel pass anyways, but still kind of a pain.

Also the Brockley area looks pretty quiet. If I'm commuting to campus anyways, I think I'd prefer living somewhere with a bit more in the way of shops, pubs, and restaurants.
    Yeah I like the idea of shops, cafe and food! I am going to apply for Batavia Mews but not sure how I can apply for Internet and 3G phone plan etc. Underground in London sounds complicated and you might find yourself faster to walk above ground! At least that's I heard from people I know who lived there!

I joined a facebook group but it is not postgrad 2013. Any link to refer?

Here's my page
    http://www.facebook.com/florrie.chow

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tjvms)
    Can't find the facebook group...
    Hi there,

I dont know why but I couldnt post the FB link on here like everyone else does. However you can just type "Goldsmiths Postgrads 2013/2014" and it will show up. We've got 6 members.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.