Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by therisenmitten)
    Out of curiosity how did they fix your overbite and how bad was it to begin with?
    Mines not awful, I've just always been a bit lacking in the chin department because of it
    Did you get offered braces or a retainer for it?

Thanks
    Mine was bad-ish, like my front teeth were 6mm in front of the bottom teeth and my face was like a square haha

At the time I wasn't living in the UK, so I had my braces done privately (no retainer though).

Annnnnd to fix it, I had surgery (suggested by the private orthodontist, which in hindsight may not have been that necessary - i hear people can get the same results with those rubber band things...) anyway, what they do is they like break your jaw and re-position it and then secure it with metal things. I wish I could be more specific but I have no idea about any of these things

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Scouting for Girls)
    Hello, I am doing a dissertation on cosmetic surgery and would really like opinions from you guys. This is not for those who just want to put down this taboo subject. I know, through research, many ave it done and keep it on the 'down-low'. So here are the questions, providing you have the money;

A) Would you have plastic surgery?
    B) What would you have done?
    C) If you have had any procedure done, were the results satisfactory?

I am especially interested in anyone who has had plastic surgery or knows of someone who has.
    I have had rhinoplasty and septoplasty, and I am veryyyy happy with the results, never had any pain or problems, bit of discomfort during sleep for a week or 2 but that was about it
    I would possibly do some other treatments nothing too drastic.
    Will train to do facial aesthetics also might pop a bit of filler or botox in that case but maybe not!
    Fillers long term are not very nice, and niether is botox.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Murrica)
    Mine was bad-ish, like my front teeth were 6mm in front of the bottom teeth and my face was like a square haha

At the time I wasn't living in the UK, so I had my braces done privately (no retainer though).

Annnnnd to fix it, I had surgery (suggested by the private orthodontist, which in hindsight may not have been that necessary - i hear people can get the same results with those rubber band things...) anyway, what they do is they like break your jaw and re-position it and then secure it with metal things. I wish I could be more specific but I have no idea about any of these things
    Sounds painful!
    I think by the time I have money to get it done privately I probably won't care about it anymore

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by therisenmitten)
    Sounds painful!
    I think by the time I have money to get it done privately I probably won't care about it anymore
    Aye, it wasn't pretty :P But to be fair you can probably achieve the same effect by not letting your teeth touch inside your mouth if that makes sense
    Either way, an overbite is by far not the worst thing to have!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Murrica)
    Aye, it wasn't pretty :P But to be fair you can probably achieve the same effect by not letting your teeth touch inside your mouth if that makes sense
    Either way, an overbite is by far not the worst thing to have!
    No, not at all!
    I've actually began to think that my pathetic chin is quite cute.
    It just looks a bit slopey like this:
    Name:  rhinoplasty-16-lat-r-after_0.jpg
Views: 36
Size:  145.4 KB (that's not me)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by maryamlondon)
    I have had rhinoplasty and septoplasty, and I am veryyyy happy with the results, never had any pain or problems, bit of discomfort during sleep for a week or 2 but that was about it
    I would possibly do some other treatments nothing too drastic.
    Will train to do facial aesthetics also might pop a bit of filler or botox in that case but maybe not!
    Fillers long term are not very nice, and niether is botox.
    Follow up questions;

How much did it cost to have each done?
    Where did you go to have it done?

ReputationRep:
    1) Yes
    2) I have a turned in eye so would get that fixed if it was risk free and I want a boob job
    3) No had nothing although i wish id had my eye done when i was a baby

ReputationRep:
    a) Yes
    b) I would have my boobs done, since losing weight they're smaller than they were before when I was this size. I've also had a baby and that's messed it up. I'd also have a tummy tuck if body conditioning didn't help. On a lesser note, and a more realistic one, I'd have microdermabrasion for stretch marks.
    c) not applicable.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Scouting for Girls)
    Follow up questions;

How much did it cost to have each done?
    Where did you go to have it done?
    I messaged you the details but ill send them again.
    A family friend who is a plastic surgeon did mine in Iran.
    I payed discounted price of £600 but would generally cost around £2000-4000 depending where and which surgeon.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 15, 2013
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.