Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lozzielizzie)
    Have you looked at the ucas guide on writing personal statements. Just try and express why you want to be a teacher. How your past studies are relate to what you want to study. What experience you have in that area. Work experience/qualification. A bit about yourself. Why you want to do the course. Your hobbies. Just remember there is a word limit.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Hi,

I got in full time, thanks for your advice about going full time!

ReputationRep:
    Not a problem, sometimes you just have to go for it. Before it's too late. Thats what I realised, I kind of said to myself look back at past couple years and realise I achieved not much at all. Apart from jumping from job to job. I looked at what I done for work. Also I realised that I always known i been passionate about working with children. Every since working as as a sport coach in primary school and my volunteering in the army cadets. It's made me realise what am truely passionate about and that I had to do something to get myself in that dream job. The job where am going to be happy to get up everyday, a job that I enjoy. I got 4 years of hard work ahead before I can start that job. But it will be my motivate to get the best grades I can and to give the work 100%.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PlantVZombie)
    Hi,

I have been offered a place at a uni doing a BA hons in Early years which is the key to exactly who I want to end up teaching. Just need to clear a CRB and I am set. Thanks for your help and pointing me to the idea of going full time.

BYE BYE call centre!!
    Ha this actually me last yr, mature student leaving a customer officer role to become an early years teacher, well done, you will really love it...can't believe I've finished my first year, last assignment due on Tues...hope it all works out, if you want to know anything about it..just ask

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nickymac)
    Ha this actually me last yr, mature student leaving a customer officer role to become an early years teacher, well done, you will really love it...can't believe I've finished my first year, last assignment due on Tues...hope it all works out, if you want to know anything about it..just ask
    Thanks, this is brilliant, I will keep you in mind, what is the work load like for the first year, how have you found it??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PlantVZombie)
    Thanks, this is brilliant, I will keep you in mind, what is the work load like for the first year, how have you found it??
    It was fine actually, I really didn't think it was difficult at all. There were times when we had 2 assignments due on one day and maybe another one a week later, that was a bit full on for a few weeks, but this makes up for the low number of lecture hours. There was approx. 12-15 per week and we got out of most of them early or they were replaced with self study tasks. I can't wait to start back again, bring on the challenge of 2nd year!

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

Thank you for the update, my CRB/DBS is all done so I am just waiting to go now!! Sorry to be a bit dumb but there was 12-15 what exactly??

That sounds a bit full on but I am glad it went well for you, If it is ok with you some tips etc when I start would be great.

Well done on completing year 1.

ReputationRep:
    which uni have you to? I think they vary slightly on work load in the first year

ReputationRep:
    Huddersfield uni. Any info??

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.