Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Someone who dislikes me + mocks me going to same uni Watch

ReputationRep:
    What if I end up seeing him. I'm scared

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by evian22)
    Hi

I finally thought uni would be the place to escape this 'someone.' He is going to the same uni, how bad is this?

In terms of what he has done to mock; said oh yeah you would like to have sex with her as an ugly teacher walks by, called me wierd and when I said this person is peng, he was like you think your a badman using that word

What do I do?!?
    stop using that word?

That isn't really that bad.. he could just be doing it in a joking friendly manner.. just take the sex joke.. as a joke. Laugh it off and be light with it.

ReputationRep:
    What if I end up seeing him. I'm scared

Try not to be scared, it's normal to be nervous about starting Uni.

As others have said Uni's are huge places so it is a lot easier to avoid someone. If you do happen to see him ignore. You will make your own group of friends at Uni try and relax (I know easier said than done if you're worrying) and enjoy Uni.

Is he doing the same or similar course?

ReputationRep:
    Hi

I finally thought uni would be the place to escape this 'someone.' He is going to the same uni, how bad is this?

In terms of what he has done to mock; said oh yeah you would like to have sex with her as an ugly teacher walks by, called me wierd and when I said this person is peng, he was like you think your a badman using that word

What do I do?!?
    I can understand how you feel; my school is full of idiots like that, university will be my only escape. If I was to find out that someone that mocked me will be going to the same university as me, I'd be gutted. But then again, why should you care? Surely, if this person's existence is making you feel so uncomfortable, then they don't deserve all this attention? I honestly think, the best thing to do is completely ignore the person/rule him out of your life and just enjoy your life at university! University life is really precious, so spend it with people that you want in your life, not someone who you don't care about! Once you start living your life, show that person that you're confident enough to stick up for yourself if the need arrives, but also mature enough to move on and ignore immature behavior. Trust me, once you start to show that you are not affected, the person will get bored and eventually leave you alone! So, be happy that you are going to enjoy uni, and don't let idiots waste your valuable time! Good Luck !

ReputationRep:
    Buy a cheap set of dumbbells, search calisthenics.

You've got 6 months. You only need 2.

By September you'll be itching to bump into him.

ReputationRep:
    Pull yourself together man - why the hell do you care about what this guy says to you? Just ignore him... it's not hard ffs.

ReputationRep:
    obvious troll is obvious

ReputationRep:
    Fam relax yeah
    see da ting is, you aint goin' roll with them man, so chill yeah. By the time you man get to uni,watch my man become your BFFL

signed - mandem on TSR.

ReputationRep:
    It seems like I'm the only one who doesn't know what the word 'peng' means

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shonaT)
    Try not to be scared, it's normal to be nervous about starting Uni.

As others have said Uni's are huge places so it is a lot easier to avoid someone. If you do happen to see him ignore. You will make your own group of friends at Uni try and relax (I know easier said than done if you're worrying) and enjoy Uni.

Is he doing the same or similar course?

Hes doiing another course.....

ReputationRep:
    umm It really doesn't sound that bad, considering you will be able to avoid him unless you are in the same classes for uni, I think you will grow to not really care about people who are like that. Although I would have thought that yr 13 students had grow out of that.

ReputationRep:
    Hes doiing another course.....

If he's doing another course you won't have to mix with him at all. At Uni it can be difficult to meet up with people on different courses even when you want to. You'll be fine. Don't let this guy influence your choice of Uni.

ReputationRep:
    Hi

What do I do?!?
    You managed to get into uni? No wonder standards are slipping. God help us all.

And what do you do? Grow some ****ing balls and be a man, learn to take a joke. And yes, last time I heard anyone use "peng" was when I was 12

Grow up, I could've sworn a 13 year old started this thread if not for the word "uni"

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ss_s95)
    You managed to get into uni? No wonder standards are slipping. God help us all.

And what do you do? Grow some ****ing balls and be a man, learn to take a joke. And yes, last time I heard anyone use "peng" was when I was 12

Grow up, I could've sworn a 13 year old started this thread if not for the word "uni"
    So you think criticizing someone's fears is a mature thing to do? Maybe you should be a man, and learn to accept people's weaknesses. It seems to me that you're the one that needs to grow up, not someone who is expressing their worries...

ReputationRep:
    The worst thing is him being friends with anyone I get to know, then I will have to leave them

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Amillie)
    There are thousands and thousands of students at the majority of universities. Unless you're on the same course or living in the same place, or the university is particularly small, you probably won't ever, or rarely, bump into this person.

This is accurate.

Plus, as you won't know all the new people it would be incredibly immature for them to carry that on to University. You will make your own friends which will probably never ever meet.

Don't stress about it.

ReputationRep:
    What does "peng" even mean?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Elelia)
    Nevermind.Looked it up on urban dictionary. I've never heard anyone say that. :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Elelia)
    'Peng' is an urban slang word used to describe someone who is extremely attractive - basically someone who pleases the eye.

ReputationRep:
    What Uni is this?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.