Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Seeing high profile Footballers/Managers in public Watch

ReputationRep:
    Steve Mclaren bumbled past me getting onto an East Coast train from Kings Cross last week :holmes:

First class of course :party:

ReputationRep:
    The only time I came close to any profile football figures in public was back in 2007 where Alan Curbishly was chasing Shaun Wright-Phillips outside London tesco's asking him to sign for West Ham.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sam00)
    Think that's Gael Clichy also
    Thats YAYA TOURE and I met John Terry after the West Ham Chelsea match when we lost 3-1 match he was actually really nice

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by J.Nalbandian14)
    The only time I came close to any profile football figures in public was back in 2007 where Alan Curbishly was chasing Shaun Wright-Phillips outside London tesco's asking him to sign for West Ham.
    lol

For real?

ReputationRep:
    I saw Chris Houghton in the suits section at Bluewater. This was just after he was sacked at Newcastle so I guess he was preparing to make a good impression at his next interview. I've also seen Zola and his whole family several times at a local sports centre.

ReputationRep:
    Never met anyone :bawling::ashamed2:

ReputationRep:
    I've walked past Mancini on Deansgate in Manchester one evening. My dad has met Sun Jihai (if anyone remembers him!) several times; have his autograph at home.

Also, apparently the United and City squads often travel from Stockport train station to London for games so that's a good place to catch them!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sam00)
    Just saw Roberto Mancini at my local train station, he came into the waiting room and I just blurted out 'hello' as if I somehow knew him, he didn't look impressed at all, but it's hard knowing what to say when you randomly meet someone as high profile as him. I then whipped out my phone and wanted to get a picture but he turned his back and walked off, when he was exiting the room I said 'well done for last night' he said 'thank you' and then walked to further most end of the platform to get his train. He was getting the Macclesfield to London train.

Just wanted to share
    Seen Beckham at LAX last year - didn't look very happy though. Looked quite pi$$ed to be honest. I was waiting for a connecting flight, so just smiled briefly but didn't wave or stare. :lol:

ReputationRep:
    Marcel Desailly pushed infront of me in the queue for a ride at Disney Land studios in Paris. Can't remember what ride it was but it was something where there's carriages that take you round and there's a part where fire roars down a mountain and looks like its gonna hit you. Desailly and him family had a whole carriage to themselves.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fusion)
    lol

For real?
    Yep indeed it did. It was funny and I managed to speak to Curbishley afterwards and so did a few others. It was funny too cos a week later, Wright-Phillips ended up scoring two at Upton Park against them in a 4-1 win. This was the 2006/2007 season :lol:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Malevolent)
    Gareth Bale at the local Tesco's haha :laugh:
    Was he buying bananas?

My mate saw Howard Web at Alton Towers the other week. lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dom96)
    Met Harry Redknapp at the pets at home whilst my cat got put down

I just said "Harry" he said "Alright mate" then I asked for a photo and he was fine with it, he's a good guy.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Was he trying to open another bank account?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pinda.college)
    I'm good friends for a City reserve (loaned to Oldham at the moment) and I have met Joe Hart through him.
    I went to school with Joe Hart, he was about four years above me though. His family still live near me.

I met Steven Gerrard once, he sat near me at a football match. He was friends with the old goalkeeper of my local team and had come to watch him. That was about 10 years ago though

ReputationRep:
    The best I've got is nowhere near the same same league as others have mentioned, and not really high profile, but I saw former Albion goalkeeper Alan Miller back in the late 90s when he was still an Albion player.

ReputationRep:
    Alex McLeish and the whole Birmingham squad around 3 years ago, not that impressive I know but its safe to say most of them were arrogant c****

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Coincidentally, similar to the poster above I've met practically the whole Birmingham squad this year, didn't get a chance to speak to Lee Clark but most of the lads weren't arrogant c****! Nicest blokes were Curtis Davies and Peter Lovenkrands, happy to chat and really didn't talk down at you or anything. I can imagine the squad of 3 years ago being absolute t**** though; likes of Ridgewell, Roger Johnson and Jerome were known to be up their own arses.

ReputationRep:
    Patrick Vieira (during his time at Man City), at the Great Wall of China of all places. :france:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sam00)
    I bet he was buying bananas. Didn't he get bananas thrown at him the other week?
    yeh lmao, the arsenal fan got banned for life. what an idiot!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by longman240)
    Coincidentally, similar to the poster above I've met practically the whole Birmingham squad this year, didn't get a chance to speak to Lee Clark but most of the lads weren't arrogant c****! Nicest blokes were Curtis Davies and Peter Lovenkrands, happy to chat and really didn't talk down at you or anything. I can imagine the squad of 3 years ago being absolute t**** though; likes of Ridgewell, Roger Johnson and Jerome were known to be up their own arses.
    had the privilege of meeting roger quite a few times when he was at wycombe, really nice guy actually! if hes changed now i dont know....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sufferin succotash)
    Was he buying bananas?

My mate saw Howard Web at Alton Towers the other week. lol
    haha nope just buying some milk and a bagel.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: April 21, 2013
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.