Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by svetik_lekar)
    Fantastic ending? Ohh intriguing ! I'll definitely watch this weekend then. When does S2 come out?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Well I thought it was fantastic. If you enjoy the Silence of the Lambs/Hannibal then you will definitely enjoy it since it pays homage to the films. But even if you haven't seen the films it brings up some exciting and really interesting themes to explore in series 2.

It starts February 28th in the US so I'm assuming we will get it some time in March.

Once you've watched it be sure to post on here with your thoughts, even if they are negative!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by VladThe1mpaler)
    Well I thought it was fantastic. If you enjoy the Silence of the Lambs/Hannibal then you will definitely enjoy it since it pays homage to the films. But even if you haven't seen the films it brings up some exciting and really interesting themes to explore in series 2.

It starts February 28th in the US so I'm assuming we will get it some time in March.

Once you've watched it be sure to post on here with your thoughts, even if they are negative!
    Oh my god Silence of the Lambs was awesome! Anthony Hopkins gives me the chills everytime ahaha. But I will try and watch it as soon as possible! I'm currently quite addicted to 'House' so that takes up most of my time haha xD

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by svetik_lekar)
    Oh my god Silence of the Lambs was awesome! Anthony Hopkins gives me the chills everytime ahaha. But I will try and watch it as soon as possible! I'm currently quite addicted to 'House' so that takes up most of my time haha xD
    I've watched Silence of the Lambs. Thought it was just brilliant. The sequel with Edward Norton was great as well.

ReputationRep:
    Didn't know there was a thread on this. :awesome:

More than a little bit excited. Cannae wait for the proverbial to hit the fan, so to speak...

ReputationRep:
    LOVED season 1, when is season 2 starting in the UK??

ReputationRep:
    Well I watched the final 3 episodes. I can't wait for season 2! Urgh Will Graham, I feel for you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Deshi)

Looks really tasty. Can't wait.
    I can't wait either. Found this little pseudo spoiler about the what Bryan Fuller has planned for Hannibal and potentially what the story line might focus on.

Spoiler:
    Show
    Bryan Fuller has said there's a 7 season plan with the first three seasons being pre-Red Dragon, the 4th being Red Dragon, the 5th being Silence of the Lambs, the 6th being Hannibal and the 7th rounding it up with post-Hannibal. That is assuming they get the rights to Silence of the Lambs which are owned by MGM who do not appear to be very keen to lend them out. I think they'll probable end up with a Starling expo and keep it focused on Will.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 419)
    I can't wait either. Found this little pseudo spoiler about the what Bryan Fuller has planned for Hannibal and potentially what the story line might focus on.

Spoiler:
    Show
    Bryan Fuller has said there's a 7 season plan with the first three seasons being pre-Red Dragon, the 4th being Red Dragon, the 5th being Silence of the Lambs, the 6th being Hannibal and the 7th rounding it up with post-Hannibal. That is assuming they get the rights to Silence of the Lambs which are owned by MGM who do not appear to be very keen to lend them out. I think they'll probable end up with a Starling expo and keep it focused on Will.
    Hopefully this is true, would be the right route to take. One of my friends was talking about how the show would continue after Hannibal gets caught, I was like :lolwut: Have you never watched Silence of the Lambs.

Have you seen the original Red Dragon, called Manhunter? Probably a bit better.

ReputationRep:
    I love it! It's a very different portrayal of Hannibal than that of Hopkins but it is magnificently acted and if Mikkelsen had mimicked the original it would have been bland and one-dimensional.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Deshi)
    Hopefully this is true, would be the right route to take. One of my friends was talking about how the show would continue after Hannibal gets caught, I was like :lolwut: Have you never watched Silence of the Lambs.

Have you seen the original Red Dragon, called Manhunter? Probably a bit better.
    No, but I'll check it out. I didn't watch Red Dragon before this series but I'm glad I did in the middle as it made me appreciate that final scene all the more.

ReputationRep:
    Season 2 starting soon! Can't wait

ReputationRep:
    I. Am. So. Excited.

ReputationRep:
    Bump. Has anyone seen the new one yet?! So good!

ReputationRep:
    This season has been exciting so far. Can't wait for the next episode.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Bit behind but catching up tonight. Just started episode 2, the start of it is actually one of the most disgusting things I have seen in a TV show.

ReputationRep:
    I want to bump up this thread and get some meaty discussion going :mmm:

I've managed to (finally!) catch up with the series! It's completely fantastic. Loved it! :ahee:
    Some ramblings:

I love how different Hannibal and Will are despite their similarities. They're almost opposites, really. Will is emotional and upset to be able to do what he does, he's certainly a lot more 'human' than Hannibal in that aspect, and yet he has trouble with eye contact and is awkward in social situations. Hannibal, who is confident and pretty great in social situations and seems like the friendlier of the two from their interactions, is emotionally detached from the murders. It gives them such an interesting dynamic! :yep:

The way they show Will's "gift" is so good! You can really see how much he's suffering however because he's so terrible at social situations, other people (the murdered girl's father for example) can't see what we can and treat him like he's cruelly detached when he's completely the opposite. Hugh Dancy is fantastic, so much love for the man! :love:

Mads Mikkelsen is really a great actor, so much of what he does is so subtle yet so effective. Go back and count the amount of just-barely-there smiles he has. He's completely threatening without being aggressive. I prefer Anthony Hopkins's portrayal of Hannibal better but that's just personal preference and Mikkelsen is great! :yep:

Hannibal's manipulation of Will is very interesting. :beard: In the first episode, he murdered a girl to help Will catch the real killer. He phoned the killer and warned him and, my theory is that he did so because he knew the killer would get violent and Will would kill him to save the daughter. :dontknow: He wanted Will to kill because he wants to slowly push Will into being just like him.

A lot of the things I mentioned aren't shoved in your face and are open to different interpretations as well.

Spoiler:
    Show
    I'm talking about the latest episode here so retreat if you haven't seen it yet!

The flambe.The dripping faucet. George died in fire and Will retreats to an imaginary river. Hannibal has been fire and Will has been water this whole time and I never noticed. Hannibal was attacked in a pool because it's an attack by Will. By water. :zomg: After this came to mind I realised that it's a big change from season one, where water may have been a representative of Will's loss of self. It seems to have become his strength now! Plus Will's illness was always described with fiery terms. That is, Hannibal does fire damage. The roles really have reversed.It's so satisfying to see Will finally fighting back after being tortured for an entire season. :cool:

The greatest egg crack I have ever seen:
    :cool:

Next episode. OH MY GOD. :nooo:

This is a great show, it's gruesome but it needs a larger viewership!

ReputationRep:
    Interesting take ^^^^^

From the promo for tomorrow's episode

Spoiler:
    Show
    Hannibal is banging Alana, whaaaat? Was there something between them in Season 1? I can't remember.

I can't believe there is actual talk of the show being cancelled. It's one of the best shows around, US audiences have the worst taste.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Deshi)
    Interesting take ^^^^^

From the promo for tomorrow's episode

Spoiler:
    Show
    Hannibal is banging Alana, whaaaat? Was there something between them in Season 1? I can't remember.

I can't believe there is actual talk of the show being cancelled. It's one of the best shows around, US audiences have the worst taste.

Sorry didn't get round to replying to this

I watched the latest episode today and it feels like the first half of a season finale :zomg:
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Jesus. Christ. Keep raising that psycho bar, Hannibal. His own last supper.

So my question is: why did Abel commit suicide, for all intents and purposes? It was pretty well telegraphed that he was only safe inside his cell. He taunted the guards with purpose of ending up in the infirmary with the purpose of allowing Hannibal to have access to him with the purpose of. . . . ? :confused:

Why did Eddie choose to go out that way? :beard:

I sort of thought that he was hoping that the guards would straight up kill him. When Will was talking about how he was only safe inside his cell, he seemed very uneasy. He seems to think very highly of Hannibal - perhaps he thought no matter what, Hannibal would find a way to get to him? He probably thought suicide by prison guard would be preferable, and he'd get to be an ******* in the process. Unfortunately, the guards didn't finish the job. Don't know though :confused:

Also, Alana sleeping in your makeup is terrible for your skin! What a night of poor decisions

They do! Keep 90210 and Jersey friggin' shore for like 6 seasons but Hannibal nooooooooo of course not! :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    This season gets better and better!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    This season has been absolutely incredible so far.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 30, 2014
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.