Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I don't really care if they hear us haha, they know we do it anyway!
    My other half is a bit weird about it though so we try to get away from the squeaky bed by going onto the floor etc... :P

Also, get a lock for the inside of your door, then you wont have to worry about them coming in!
    I've got one and its the best thing ive ever done :P

ReputationRep:
    You learn how to be quiet over time. No noises from you, and if the bed is squeaky, the floor is better. Unless you have squeaky/thin floorboards and there are people downstairs.

Also, I usually put something heavy in front of the door and put our clothes by the gap under my door so the noises don't get out.

(Original post by Sparkly*)
    That is truly disgusting.
    Well, they were both fast asleep by this point and my bf and I are long distance so we hadn't seen each other for a few weeks and to say we were frustrated would be putting it mildly. As I said; we were completely silent, very careful and what they don't know won't hurt them.

you can still wear sexy outfits or what not just because the parents are there doesnt mean you cant??, its jusst keeping quiet thats the problem.

Why not try having sex in different places outside of the house? it depends how adventourous you want to be

having sex while people are in the room thats a bit much !!!

(Original post by Anonymous)
    Well, they were both fast asleep by this point and my bf and I are long distance so we hadn't seen each other for a few weeks and to say we were frustrated would be putting it mildly. As I said; we were completely silent, very careful and what they don't know won't hurt them.
    When you say 'a few weeks', how many weeks was this (if you dont mind me asking). My reason is that I feel we dont do it enough - even if we see each other several times a week we only do it once a month. I get very frustrated with this, so wondered what length of time you meant too.

(Original post by SillyMilly)
    you can still wear sexy outfits or what not just because the parents are there doesnt mean you cant??, its jusst keeping quiet thats the problem.

Why not try having sex in different places outside of the house? it depends how adventourous you want to be
    I cant yeah, but it makes it so much more difficult, and you have to plan it more which ruins spontaneity! I'm all up for being adventurous, but I'm very underconfident, and given we've never done anything like that I don't feel I can/should/ought to bring up doing it somewhere outside/in public as such. I feel like it's always me that brings up sex issues and tries to talk about sex stuff, but never seems to work lol.

(Original post by getaway)
    how old are you? surely if he's your boyfriend staying over your parents can guess you're going to be having sex at some point. ask them for some space/time alone?
    if not, maybe try having sex at times you wouldn't normally. when they're at work/in the shower in the mornings etc??
    I'm 21, he's 25. Yeah they know we do it, and I'm pretty sure they have heard us before, but still doesn't make it any easier!

Would love to ask them for 'alone time', but cant really expect them to go out or something as dont have much money, nor do i have enough to pay for them!

Unfortunately due to the times I get to see my bf they're always in - we're either up before them, or it's weekend so they're there.

Seems like there should be an easier way, but it's just silly. Dont think them being there is the only reason we're infrequent (in my opinion), but it certainly makes things much more difficult. On holiday last year we got it on every day which was sooo good! Roll on summer

(Original post by Anonymous)
    When you say 'a few weeks', how many weeks was this (if you dont mind me asking). My reason is that I feel we dont do it enough - even if we see each other several times a week we only do it once a month. I get very frustrated with this, so wondered what length of time you meant too.

I cant yeah, but it makes it so much more difficult, and you have to plan it more which ruins spontaneity! I'm all up for being adventurous, but I'm very underconfident, and given we've never done anything like that I don't feel I can/should/ought to bring up doing it somewhere outside/in public as such. I feel like it's always me that brings up sex issues and tries to talk about sex stuff, but never seems to work lol.
    Why not just slip something on under your clothes and even when you getting changed for bed it be a suprise for him?

ReputationRep:
    I have sex with my boyfriend all the time whilst my parents are at home, they know that we do it so there's no point on pretending we don't. Plus if they know we are having sex they are way less likely to come in to the room than if we were to try and hard it, as that's like mega cringe if they did and a bit incest-y (not really but still weird)

My mom is extremely laidback when it comes to sex though

Now being inventive is key.. My parent's rarely go out either so i understand where you are coming from .. I also have a 12 year old brother who is extremely nosey!
    Go for a walk, somewhere you know people don't go, being outside is quite exciting, bent over the bed, so it is quiet and he can always put his hand over your mouth, floor unless you have squeaky floorboards, being under the covers, and sideways is quiet and easy to cover up if you were to be disturbed.
    But my best advice is wait until everyone is asleep and invest in a fan, it helps drown all the noise out

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 11, 2013
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.