Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by Origami Bullets)
    I have no intention whatsoever of moving back home.
    This. I'm perfectly happy to stay where I am now, but if the best opportunities are in places like London then that is where i will go. The thought of moving back home for any length of time completely repulses me, i've stayed here every single holiday since i started university.

ReputationRep:
    I will go where I can find a job.

ReputationRep:
    Right now I'm leaning towards staying in my uni city (I'm on a year abroad at the moment and I miss it so much) but I have no idea what is it I actually want to do so my plans are definitely subject to change.

ReputationRep:
    I'll most probably live at home (London) for at least couple of years until I have a decent amount of money saved and I know what it is I really want to be doing. I don't really know what I want to do after my degree yet- maybe a masters / PHD, maybe a PGCE or maybe just going straight into a career. London is probably the best place in terms of opportunities so unless I'm lucky enough to get a funded masters/PHD somewhere else it seems a bit stupid not to live at home for awhile.

ReputationRep:
    I'm hoping that i will have saved the cash for a Masters so between my degree and that i would stay in Leeds City Center (plenty of cheap summer accommodation). Afterward i'd move to any of the 'core 8' cities plus London, Edinburgh and if i'm in oil/gas then Aberdeen. If i have no job i'd have to move home.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.