The Student Room Group

PROM!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by Dougieowner
I think it'll be ok, but a lot of people say it's not as good as most people expect. I'm only going because I feel like I should, even though I don't want to see half the people cause I dislike them, and the people I'm friends with I'll still see anyway..

It's on the 17th May, which I kind of find annoying. I think it should be after the exams so we can concentrate on them and then celebrate that they're over. Currently it's only one week into the exams.

Ahh i think you should forget all the people you dislike and focus on your friends for that one night! :smile:

And oh no! That's horrid! I'd probably even skip prom it it was in the middle of exams. -_- who's genius idea was that! Start a revolt, stop it, start a petition haha ? ):

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Jina
Haha maybe that is the better alternative for you! :smile: which country you heading to?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Spain :woo:
Reply 22
All girls school here.. we're not even twinned with any others so it's some sort of dinner at a hotel I think. It was that or a field rave :biggrin:
Still, any excuse to whip out those floor length dresses!
Reply 23
Haha everyone on here seems to be from single sex schools! Pretty cool! Haha any excuse to glam up here! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 24
All this internet dress shopping really spices up my revision :wink:
Reply 25
Hahaha that was me a few weeks ago. The internet is a disappointment in terms of finding a black long dress. So I went manual shopping and bought a bottle green one. Haha

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 26
All girls school here
We can bring a date but most people are coming in groups of friends...so it's basically going to be an all girl prom + a few guys who follow their dates around!
I've ordered my dress off the internet and I'm really hoping that it's safe to do that!
I go to a mix sex school where prom was organised by a group of 6th years ( year 13th I think), so us 5th years are just going along with whatever and will be thinking of how to make next years better.

Are one is after our exams, in the time after exam leave and before summer. We're having it at a hotel by the beach so I'm hoping for nice weather.

Have your proms got photographers booked? Our prom committee didn't see the need for one so haven't booked one.
Reply 28
Original post by shorttstuff
ahhh this is a lovely topic!

I myself cannot wait for prom, its going to be a great night in a posh place with loads of great people :tongue:

I'm also a student in a single-sex school but we're allowed plus ones & its a mixed sixth form so its not just all girls dancing crazily to god knows what song :lol:

that sounds good :smile:
Reply 29
my schools prom is going to be at school anyway so another good reason not to go.... don't like anyone in my year anyway
I'm not going to prom, cba with that because I have no date and will not get one as I know 3 gay people in my year and they are all annoying plus I don't want to dance with a load of ***** and buy an expensive suit i will wear once.
Reply 31
Original post by Bluffroom
I'm not going to prom, cba with that because I have no date and will not get one as I know 3 gay people in my year and they are all annoying plus I don't want to dance with a load of ***** and buy an expensive suit i will wear once.

Maybe you could go with your friends? :smile: Or take an external date? Haha so glad we dont need dates at my school. :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Jina
Maybe you could go with your friends? :smile: Or take an external date? Haha so glad we dont need dates at my school. :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I could but I really couldn't care less. Usually lots of people don't go plus this year it's really awkwardly timed
Reply 33
I could but I really couldn't care less. Usually lots of people don't go plus this year it's really awkwardly timed

Don't tell me your prom is in the middle of exams? :/ ahhh... Then make sure you celebrate some other way! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Jina
Don't tell me your prom is in the middle of exams? :/ ahhh... Then make sure you celebrate some other way! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

No. It's the night before dofe
Reply 35
No. It's the night before dofe

Ahh... DofE sounds really cool. Oh well, you have something to look forward to at least! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Jina
Ahh... DofE sounds really cool. Oh well, you have something to look forward to at least! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Im
Original post by Jina
A less depressing thread compared to all the exam talk! Are you guys all set for prom? What are your plans?! Or are you leaving everything till after exams?

Also, single-sex school students, how do you celebrate?!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Single-Sex Sixth Form (:

We're holding a Leaver's Ball at a rather s****y venue. Not really a fan of dressing up but my friends would literally kill me if I didn't go, so going. Should be a fun night of picture taking and eating good food though, so I'm not complaining.

Plus I've managed to wrangle the cheapest prom get-up I could which is satisfying.
Reply 38
Original post by Sarcastic_Sazza
Single-Sex Sixth Form (:

We're holding a Leaver's Ball at a rather s****y venue. Not really a fan of dressing up but my friends would literally kill me if I didn't go, so going. Should be a fun night of picture taking and eating good food though, so I'm not complaining.

Plus I've managed to wrangle the cheapest prom get-up I could which is satisfying.

Haha if you have your friends there and you make the most of the night then the ****ty venue wont matter. :smile: haha same here, single sex school, i hope its a night to remember after all those exams! :smile: bring on the boat party! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Jina
Haha if you have your friends there and you make the most of the night then the ****ty venue wont matter. :smile: haha same here, single sex school, i hope its a night to remember after all those exams! :smile: bring on the boat party! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hmm... I didn't actually write '****ty', not sure what TSR is doing there :P
The venue is actually really nice :biggrin:
But I agree, I am looking forward to it, should be a good night.

Boat party sounds pretty cool.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending