The Student Room Group

Scly4 & scly3 aqa june 2013

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by InOneDirection
It's just an annoying topic! :frown: the first thing i'm going to do is open my paper on thursday & straight away look whether it's a question on science *fingers crossed it isn't! That's helped, thank you! Yh your on the right path, I've noticed the following kind of links in with unit 3 'beliefs in society' -ideology & science. I only remember poper & Kuhn too. And there's Comte - who believes sociology is scientific' & like paradigms etc: My revision is really brief on this topic, which is annoying!
I know it is!! :frown: I want social policy I love that!!! Yeah same! I may even answer it first ill see! :smile: ah yeah it will do! But I did that in jan so not up to date on my knowledge of all that and cba going over it all again! :frown: oh well lets pray for a nice paper!!!!
Original post by _splinter_
what was your ums for media? and how was it lucky? sounds like you did well :smile:

I left out the last two topics and it was erm 69/80. For ums I have 253/280 so far lol
Original post by lucyh444
I know me too!:frown: but I have 3 exams next week.. All my exams fell under one week typical!:frown: so gonna have to go over it all just before argh! Ah don't worry 10 is nothing! I haven't been since jan! My teacher left who was amazing and made me get full marks last year I did scly 3 in jan and got a B and haven't been to that teachers lesson since as he's an art teacher who is supposedly qualified to teach sociology! :frown: good luck with theory stuff!

I have 1 this week and 2 next week. My teacher was ok. And you too! :smile:
I know it is!! :frown: I want social policy I love that!!! Yeah same! I may even answer it first ill see! :smile: ah yeah it will do! But I did that in jan so not up to date on my knowledge of all that and cba going over it all again! :frown: oh well lets pray for a nice paper!!!!

Me too sociology policy would be such a nice question or action theories!! There my too favourite! I really hate post modernity too after sociology as a science :frown: haha me too! same, I knew so much on unit 3 which links with this unit, but typical that i've forgotten it all! :/ Fingers crossed!! I pray for a nice paper!!! cause my overall grade depends on this paper! since I got an E in unit 1/2 & a B in unit 3 ... but re-took unit 2 a few weeks ago, so hope i still can get a C overall. Good luck on all your exams!!!!
Reply 24
Does anyone's teacher have predictions for crime please?!!!!
Reply 25
Original post by InOneDirection
Me too sociology policy would be such a nice question or action theories!! There my too favourite! I really hate post modernity too after sociology as a science :frown: haha me too! same, I knew so much on unit 3 which links with this unit, but typical that i've forgotten it all! :/ Fingers crossed!! I pray for a nice paper!!! cause my overall grade depends on this paper! since I got an E in unit 1/2 & a B in unit 3 ... but re-took unit 2 a few weeks ago, so hope i still can get a C overall. Good luck on all your exams!!!!

I know it really would!! Mmm action theories are confusing but guess they're ok! Oh yeah :frown:(!!! Ahah me too!! :frown: how annoying! Yes I really want realism and media too!!! :smile: aww I see that's good then! :smile: thank you, you too!!!! :biggrin:
Reply 26
Does anyone know any predictions for crime and deviance??? or what they think is more likely to come up??
becuase i dont want to cram each topic i want to know specific ones in detail!! please help
Reply 27
i'm in same boat D: i've been told social policy is likely to come up, but i don't know if to risk it and just revise this ahh
Reply 28
I say concentrate on the ones that have not yet come up previously, Social policy and postmodernism and modernity as well as Marxism. And quickly read over the other questions that have previously come up don't stress and get your self into a panic. You have time
Reply 29
Original post by Aroosa K
Does anyone know any predictions for crime and deviance??? or what they think is more likely to come up??
becuase i dont want to cram each topic i want to know specific ones in detail!! please help

Location and Crime, age and crime, green crime and state crime have not yet come up so it would make sense to focus on these
Reply 30
Original post by Super22
I say concentrate on the ones that have not yet come up previously, Social policy and postmodernism and modernity as well as Marxism. And quickly read over the other questions that have previously come up don't stress and get your self into a panic. You have time

Could marxism come up as the 33 marker then? Or do you mean in the first section? Im so stressed, anybody with predictions would be much appreciated
Reply 31
Original post by Super22
Location and Crime, age and crime, green crime and state crime have not yet come up so it would make sense to focus on these

Thank you!! what do you think is more likely to come up for methodology, do you think sociology as a science would come up again???

good luck for the exam btw :biggrin:
Reply 32
Original post by Rach123456
Could marxism come up as the 33 marker then? Or do you mean in the first section? Im so stressed, anybody with predictions would be much appreciated

Well we really cant predict the questions but we can look at the questions that have not been previously set for the theory and methods bit. Don't stress your self out, concentrate on the 33 mark questions for couple of hours and then move on to crime and deviance questions and finally have a look at methods. So what I'm assuming may come up for the 33 markers is either Social policy and sociology, Marxism, Postmodernism and modernity.
Reply 33
Thank you!! what do you think is more likely to come up for methodology, do you think sociology as a science would come up again???

Apparently it came up on the January paper, so what is the chance of it coming up again! but I had a look at the previous paper and I must admit that question has come up a few times its a popular one with the examiners lol. I'm just risking it and going with my instinct of revising for only three essays for the theory and methods section
Reply 34

science just came up in January so i think its going to be on social policy
Reply 35
what are people revising for the first sections? I can;t get it all in ugh :frown:
Reply 36

Age and crime?! Wah please help I have never done this.. It's not specified on the specification?! Oh wait no it is I've looked I have tiny notes on it!! Basically do we talk about labelling/status fustration etc?!how affects young people then evaluate with social class/ethnicity?!
(edited 10 years ago)
I've heard realism is quite probably to come up so I've written some notes up and an A grade realist solutions answer, if anyone wants anything feel free to message me :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 38
Age and crime?! Wah please help I have never done this.. It's not specified on the specification?! Oh wait no it is I've looked I have tiny notes on it!! Basically do we talk about labelling/status fustration etc?!how affects young people then evaluate with social class/ethnicity?!

Yes talk about cohens status frustration, young people suffer from being in a state of transition and because they lack power and are compelled to conform by family and school they turn to their friendship groups and try and compensate their frustration by proving that they can be powerful, Also miller's suggestion that subcultures behave in terms of proving masculinity, power and about excitement, Make sure you introduce edgework about thrill seeking and individuals dont see it in terms of crime but just as thrill and trying to prove them self in competition. And they try to introduce techniques of Neutralization justify what they do. And also that young working classes are the ones who commit crime because they arent socialized also how the media may influence young people, and how it sensationalizes their crime and police targeting them. And just criticizes with marxism and just say official statics are invalid and scapegoating working classes BLAH BLAH you know just use common sense :smile: you will do great
Original post by Super22
Yes talk about cohens status frustration, young people suffer from being in a state of transition and because they lack power and are compelled to conform by family and school they turn to their friendship groups and try and compensate their frustration by proving that they can be powerful, Also miller's suggestion that subcultures behave in terms of proving masculinity, power and about excitement, Make sure you introduce edgework about thrill seeking and individuals dont see it in terms of crime but just as thrill and trying to prove them self in competition. And they try to introduce techniques of Neutralization justify what they do. And also that young working classes are the ones who commit crime because they arent socialized also how the media may influence young people, and how it sensationalizes their crime and police targeting them. And just criticizes with marxism and just say official statics are invalid and scapegoating working classes BLAH BLAH you know just use common sense :smile: you will do great

That's helped me a lot thank you :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending