Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I'm in love with the wrong person. Awks. Watch

ReputationRep:
    This is like an exact replica of what happened in Waterloo Road.

Finn Sharky ?

(Original post by SonicTheHedgehog)
    I've known my best friend for a long time, almost since we were 5. But just recently, I've started to see him more than a friend. Yeah, you guessed it: I'm in love with him.

But I'm a guy. He's a guy.

So, not only have I realized I love him. But also, that I am gay. So, it's this really awkward feeling.

Sometimes...

He does what you could call "Bromance" but I think it might be flirting. (or maybe wishful thinking). Yesterday, we were walking and he joked "I'd be in shower with you any day" :zomg:. Obviously, I felt all giddy inside.

But he's the only one who makes me feel really happy every time I am around him. Like, I feel really secure. Every time, I'm around him - I don't care about the world, anything. Just him.

And there is no way I am going to let this opportunity slip right out of my hands.

So guys and girls, what is the fastest way to change someone's sexuality? I am thinking classical conditioning - you know make him subconsciously associate girls with disgusting pile of poop, and do the opposite for boys. Then he would have no choice but to choose me.

He will finally be mine.

Any other ways?
    You're spot on. Sexuality is something you develop a preference though via a range of complicated factors, including the principle of auto-suggestion.

Why not just become straight - even if it take a while- and salvage your friendship ?

Get a pretty girl, build a house, ect

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ribbits)
    If it were that easy to change sexuality, then hundreds of gay people made to despise themselves and truly believe it was wrong would have. Many have tried, and failed.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/lifeandsty...eccaaitkenhead
    Hmm, what about bestiality ect?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MENDACIUM)
    This is like an exact replica of what happened in Waterloo Road.

Finn Sharky ?

You're spot on. Sexuality is something you develop a preference though via a range of complicated factors, including the principle of auto-suggestion.

Why not just become straight - even if it take a while- and salvage your friendship ?

Get a pretty girl, build a house, ect
    I've never watched Waterloo Road. So I don't know what you're talking about.

And no way. Why would I want to be heterosexual? I love him, and him only. Other than him, I will say that men are far more sexually satisfying than women. There is no reason for me to switch. Just like there is no reason for you to switch.

ReputationRep:
    I've never watched Waterloo Road. So I don't know what you're talking about.

And no way. Why would I want to be heterosexual? I love him, and him only. Other than him, I will say that men are far more sexually satisfying than women. There is no reason for me to switch. Just like there is no reason for you to switch.
    I respect your right to have that opinion, but since you have the option to switch, surely you should consider it - as you consider the guy you want to switch?

You organs, chromosones, and your intrinsic biology are designed for you to mate with a woman. Evolution and Natural selection are why you even exist. Why not honor that natural progression?

ReputationRep:
    I keep reading this as if Sonic the Hedgehog fancies a guy... like Knuckles.

ReputationRep:
    I respect your right to have that opinion, but since you have the option to switch, surely you should consider it - as you consider the guy you want to switch?

You organs, chromosones, and your intrinsic biology are designed for you to mate with a woman. Evolution and Natural selection are why you even exist. Why not honor that natural progression?
    Ha, nature! If you want to honour nature so much, perhaps, you should stop communicating with me on an unnatural, electronic device. Perhaps, we can communicate via letter - which requires the use of paper, which unfortunately leads to the death of many (so natural) trees.

ReputationRep:

The same reason we don't honour a massive freaking Brain Tumour and instead treat it?!

ReputationRep:
    I would go more for the direct aproge, tell him "hey listen i am gay" and then see what happens...

ReputationRep:
    Unless you're a US military R&D contractor you can't change someone's sexuality.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Studentus-anonymous)
    Unless you're a US military R&D contractor you can't change someone's sexuality.
    What makes you think you're qualified to make such an absurd statement.

(Original post by grannylovers)
    I would go more for the direct aproge, tell him "hey listen i am gay" and then see what happens...
    That's not an option. It would ruin my whole plan! He needs to be unaware of my motives for this to work.

ReputationRep:
    Quick update: it didn't turn out well. He ended up with a girlfriend. And that didn't turn out well either.

ReputationRep:
    Quick update: it didn't turn out well. He ended up with a girlfriend. And that didn't turn out well either.
    Thanks for the update, I can finally sleep peacefully at night now.

ReputationRep:
    I'm sorry to hear that, Sonic. I'm sure you tried your best.

ReputationRep:
    Leave him alone.

ReputationRep:
    You all are so unhelpful. Clearly, each individual is born bisexual but with preference. Thus, I simply would like to know of ways to change his preference. I believe if I can do what Watson and Raynar did and hit a steel bar everytime he comes near a girl, he will develop a phobia of girls. However, that is so unfeasable. So I would like to know of a more realistic way.
    Omg you CAN'T BE SERIOUS

ReputationRep:
    just tell him your gay and then at least he knows theres a potential relationship anf then take it from there

ReputationRep:
    Tell him you're gay and be done with it. Don't go trying to force someone to be something they're not just so you can get some.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Leighcakes)
    I'm sorry to hear that, Sonic. I'm sure you tried your best.
    Thank you. But it wasn't my fault. It was completely bad timing with the exams; I haven't given up yet. But right now, he's depressed so my main priority is to get him out of depression first. Even if that means setting him up with some girl. Temporarily, of course.

ReputationRep:
    Thank you. But it wasn't my fault. It was completely bad timing with the exams; I haven't given up yet. But right now, he's depressed so my main priority is to get him out of depression first. Even if that means setting him up with some girl. Temporarily, of course.
    Get over him, you're going to go crazy trying to turn someone who's clearly interested in girls. Do yourself a favour, and him, and leave him be and find some guy who will like you without you needing to coerce them. You may think you love him, but trust me, you don't.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 3, 2013
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.