Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Why Is The Ford Mustang So Cheap (In Price)? Watch

ReputationRep:
    I think the mustangs coming here are the 2.0L EcoBoost engines you find in cars like the Focus and Mondeo - however I wouldn't be surprised if some enthusiasts had the American V8s imported and custom-fitted to these British mustangs.

[EDIT] some people are saying 2.4, I'm not sure - can someone correct me on this?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Camoxide)
    I wouldn't say they're cheap.

They start off at $22000 in the US.

The GT which most people would get starts off at $30000
    i.e. Very cheap.

ReputationRep:
    You won't find any ground breaking technology on a Mustang (even at the top of the line), many of the Mustang parts: drive-train, interior components, suspension components etc are also found in Ford's other cars from pick up trucks to family cars. This cuts down on R&D and also reduces tooling costs.

Plus American market cars tend to cut back on interior quality and refinement as a whole, they are getting better however if you are used to BMWs and Audis you will notice it.

If I lived in the US I would be sorely tempted by a v6 with the performance package, however in the UK it's too big, too thirsty, too expensive and too LHD.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 19, 2013
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.