Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Robbie242)
    Aha I did the Dida route so most of it was coursework but it was a bunch of bull**** powerpoints and word documents
    Holy hell don't remind me, the amount of print screens we had to take and the excel crap i had to sit through.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by doesntworkonwood)
    Geography I only started doing it to get an extra GCSE, and it's horrible. The first topic on Volcanoes and othe Natural Hazards wasn't that bad, but what we're doing now is horrible and it's so boring that it's so hard to revise for. The coursework is a killer too

If you asked me last year, I probably would have said Business Studies, only because it got really repetitive during the second year. I'm so glad that I've finished it now though.
    What was the coursework on Geo on?

ReputationRep:
    AQA French, don't care if I get a C/D

Just lost all motivation!

ReputationRep:
    ICT. A year later and I'd achieved the ability to use PowerPoint to exactly the same standard as I had done before. Sweet.

ReputationRep:
    Physics and ict so boring I fall asleep in their lessons despite having a good nights sleep the night before , that's how bad the subjects r

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Albino)
    Holy hell don't remind me, the amount of print screens we had to take and the excel crap i had to sit through.
    Yes exactly... it was an absolute load of crap, we had to make a meal card, challenge card and some other stuff, it was so ****

ReputationRep:
    English Literature.

ReputationRep:
    French and ICT
    they are a pile of rubbish...can't wait to drop them at a level
    Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    ICT - you learn absolutely NOTHING - and at my school it's compulsory. We play on bored button and make snowflakes on the internet and frankly it's more useful that learning about input and output devices (when are you ever going to need to know that?)

Physics - I just don't get it.

ReputationRep:
    ICT. The work was continuous evaluative essays and we never got to use the fun software such as Photoshop and Sony Vegas... An easy A though.

ReputationRep:
    Art - lost all motivation a few months in, still regret taking it for GCSE
    Physics - Just terrible, the content was so boring
    English - Just because I had a terrible teacher who was so patronising and never bothered to teach us anything.

ReputationRep:
    Does any1 else see the pattern, that the majority of us h8 ict and physics surely ict should be removed as long as everyone can successfully open save and close word and excel. Um which one out of ict and physics should go ... Post either ict or physics

ReputationRep:
    ICT- probably because it is too easy, not showing off but it isn't necessarily challenging enough; you can basically sit the ICT GCSE exam without knowing any theory and still get at least a C
    - Otherwise; I'd say Biology because I'm useless at it

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    i hated german, i used to sit at the back with biscuits doing my maths homework... I had endless retakes because i genuinely couldn't be bothered and finally come out with a B (despite getting 4/30 in my speaking) when i was predicted a D, my teacher was pretty awesome though

ReputationRep:
    Business studies...so boring

ReputationRep:
    English Language. Literature is fine, but Language is ridiculously boring.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FrogInABog)
    At the time, I found Latin the most boring; looking back at it, it was actually the complete opposite (although I was never any good at it!)

Probably English, though. I love to read, but I hated tearing apart great pieces of writing. When you've read The Old Man and the Sea 101 times, it loses any feeling/beauty it once had as a work of literature. Sad, because I think English can be a fascinating subject.
    I know what you mean, we did the same with Shakespeare

ReputationRep:
    Religious Studies, the teacher was like jo the suppernanny exept more patronising...with sarah palin like views...

ReputationRep:
    probably geography too many random facts to learn e.g. this volcano kiled this manhy or that volcano killed that many or all these random numbers you had to learn e.g.this much was spent on aid etc - although I did like the colouring in ah

ReputationRep:
    ICT.

Complete waste of time.

I mean, seriously, some of the tasks were like:

'provide evidence you've copied a folder'.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
    Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.