Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

How to lose weight and have a life Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xoxAngel_Kxox)
    Everyone needs a break though, it's not good to revise ALL day. When I was revising for my finals, for example I'd do a couple of hours followed by 10 mins of exercise, and repeated that all day (so about 30 mins exercise a day, probably).

But as I said above, you can lose weight without exercising if your life is really too hectic to set aside a tiny bit of time. Just don't eat as much.
    The problem is, it's not busy in the sense that I move around a lot. It's busy in the sense that I'm sat down at my table all day long making revision notes and doing past papers. But, I think when I'm on study leave from next week, I'll be able to fit in exercise like you do. Because right now, I go to school and get back home at about 4, and only THEN can I start my revision after a short break. Which is why it feels really hectic. However, when I'm on study leave and have complete control over my entire day, I think I will definitely be able to get more exercise in, because it's not like I'll be studying all day long.

ReputationRep:
    Fitnesspal doesn't take too much time, the recent foods you've been eating are saved, so if you have some very basic meals that are healthy (chicken breast or fish with vegetables), it does not take long to put them in at all.
    As for exercise, some sit ups and squats before bedtime takes no time at all. A quick 20-30 high intensity run shouldn't be a problem either. If you are revising literarly from when you get home until you go to sleep, you probably need to manage your time differently. You also need to get that fresh air and exercise to be able to focus, so it's actually a win-win to go for a run.

What I'm guessing is that you're tired from school and revising and reach for something sugary to feel better. I'm not saying you're a comfort eater, I'm just saying that choosing something unhealthy isn't always about convenience - there are plenty of places which sells Weight Watchers quiches you can heat up, ready made salads, sushi or just plain bananas and carrots which are easy to eat between meals.
    I'm actually usually lighter when I have a lot to do, I am being active and have other things to think about than food. It's only now that I'm in a job searching process that I really have to count the calories, because I don't have that much to take my mind off it.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.