Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by izzypowell)
    well i get like c's in mocks which isnt too bad, but i had kinda revised. But now the real exam is coming up and i literally dont have time for it, because im not doing it later in life its not really my main focus but i still wanna pass it. Hopefully my coursework will boast my grade up! I cant wait for it to be overr
    Haha i got C in my last mock too with little revision. Haha and I'm in the same situation as you. I dont have time to revise for it, or the heart. i'm depending on my coursework too... 2 A*'s and maybe 2 B's? haha Ahh i'll burn my work the day the exam is over.
    Seriously it's some rubbish course.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I scraped an A in Music GCSE by working doubly hard on the composition and performance (got 117/120) and so I barely got a low B in the exam. Similar situation here in A-Level music.

ReputationRep:
    I sort of have a love/hate relationship with Music

I have a really cool teacher, who's realllly helpful, I lurve performing, and I've been playing flute and piano since primary school, so I have a good grasp on most of the theory.

However

Why the hell do they need two compositions?! Why can't they just use one? I hate, detest, the composition. I also find it really dull; even the stuff I'm learning fresh is just...dull.

I'm just hoping I enjoy music A-Level more!

ReputationRep:
    How big were your music classes? (directed @ anyone and everyone)

Mine were tiny, less than 20 out of 300 took it in my school in GCSE, and 3 outta 350 took it in AS. (1 will be taking it for A2)
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    (Original post by Dalilsp)
    How big were your music classes? (directed @ anyone and everyone)

Mine were tiny, less than 20 out of 300 took it in my school in GCSE, and 3 outta 350 took it in AS. (1 will be taking it for A2)
    Mine's around 20 people, I think, and there's also another class as well of around the same. So around 40 out of 300 took it. However, a lot of people always regret it every year so the numbers for A-Level are very low. I'm not surprised because the teachers are so unorganised and just don't care. Last year I think there were 2 taking it for A-Level (I'm not sure out of how many, but there are more people in Year 12.) This year there's around 4...

I just find it annoying how they always want to run music even if there's always low numbers, but with other subjects they start threatening not to run them...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dougieowner)
    Mine's around 20 people, I think, and there's also another class as well of around the same. So around 40 out of 300 took it. However, a lot of people always regret it every year so the numbers for A-Level are very low. I'm not surprised because the teachers are so unorganised and just don't care. Last year I think there were 2 taking it for A-Level (I'm not sure out of how many, but there are more people in Year 12.) This year there's around 4...

I just find it annoying how they always want to run music even if there's always low numbers, but with other subjects they start threatening not to run them...
    Mine is an arts school and we have 13 students out of 250.... -_- All the students opt for drama or dance instead. And all 13 who chose music regret it to some extent. Music GCSE.really needs a reform.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Note: I seriously can't tell when people are being sarcastic.
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    (Original post by Jina)
    Mine is an arts school and we have 13 students out of 250.... -_- All the students opt for drama or dance instead. And all 13 who chose music regret it to some extent. Music GCSE.really needs a reform.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Note: I seriously can't tell when people are being sarcastic.
    Mine is too, but we aren't forced to an art subject as an option. And ironically, Music and Drama are by far the worst, least organised departments in the school...

ReputationRep:
    Mine is too, but we aren't forced to an art subject as an option. And ironically, Music and Drama are by far the worst, least organised departments in the school...
    Ahh... Such a shame it is too. Really if i even hear any of the set works after the exam I will scream. When is your exam and are you edexcel exam board?
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    (Original post by Jina)
    Ahh... Such a shame it is too. Really if i even hear any of the set works after the exam I will scream. When is your exam and are you edexcel exam board?
    I've already done the listening exam, it was AQA.

ReputationRep:
    I've already done the listening exam, it was AQA.
    Oh, how was it? What did you get? I'm predicted A's with non-core subject but with music it'll be C/D...

ReputationRep:
    same

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by miser)
    My teacher refused to let me take the exam, so I got a U. I just turned up and she said, "what are you doing here?" and sent me home. Nasty woman.
    friend, companion, amigo, compadre, buddy, mate-o-pal, how does this happen to someone ? and more importantly, how can i make it happen to me ? this is hilarious. you're a right ledge. keep up the good work. - soup lover 1917
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by Dalilsp)
    I scraped an A in Music GCSE by working doubly hard on the composition and performance (got 117/120) and so I barely got a low B in the exam. Similar situation here in A-Level music.
    how did you get so high?! What instrument/s do you play - and at what grade?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.