Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Pictures of girls on boyfriends phone! Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thunder_chunky)
    The "oh he/she is an old friend" line is probably one of the most used excuses. On that alone my bull**** alarm would be going off. Confront him again and this time demand the truth. Don't shy away just because you happen to be "okay at the moment." Give him an inch and he'll take a mile with that one.
    Thunder, I have to wonder if you read the entire thread.

He saved a couple pictures of someone FROM THE INTERNET to his phone. It's not like she found nude pictures, or even pictures of said girl taken in person. These were boring, generic pics widely available from the internet which he saved to his phone to show his friend. Making things into a pointed confrontation where you have no evidence of ANY wrongdoing will simply make things worse, I think.

ReputationRep:
    Ok, maybe this is because I'm a bit older (27) so might be a slightly different perspective...

But my honest reaction is "man up", not in a facetious way, but seriously. You're letting a photo, an actual photo (one without your boyfriend even in it, nor one that he himself took), lead you to worryingly post on the internet and fret about your relationship. Try to take a step back from the situation and think how silly that is! You're in a position where you're going away with your boyf and his parents, so it must be a fairly solid relationship and, let me repeat, a photo is bothering you about this.

Irrellevant of his explanation, there are loads of other innoecnt reasons that he had it:
    - he wanted to show his friend the two fit girls he saw out (yes, this is innocent, it's ok to find someone else attractive) and then he panicked when you asked
    - his friend fancied one of the girls
    - it was a girl who he used to know and who used to be a right munter (yes, guys do this)
    - he might have even been laughing at how orange they were or how trampy they looked

All of these could be plausible but when you caught him out he, like most other guys because we are idiots, panicked and told a lie that he thought would cause less trouble than saying one of the above.

Please don't let you worry this, it's such a non-issue honestly

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NW86)
    Ok, maybe this is because I'm a bit older (27) so might be a slightly different perspective...

But my honest reaction is "man up", not in a facetious way, but seriously. You're letting a photo, an actual photo (one without your boyfriend even in it, nor one that he himself took), lead you to worryingly post on the internet and fret about your relationship. Try to take a step back from the situation and think how silly that is! You're in a position where you're going away with your boyf and his parents, so it must be a fairly solid relationship and, let me repeat, a photo is bothering you about this.

Irrellevant of his explanation, there are loads of other innoecnt reasons that he had it:
    - he wanted to show his friend the two fit girls he saw out (yes, this is innocent, it's ok to find someone else attractive) and then he panicked when you asked
    - it was a girl who he used to know and who used to be a right munter (yes, guys do this)
    - he might have even been laughing at how orange they were or how trampy they looked

All of these could be plausible but when you caught him out he, like most other guys because we are idiots, panicked and told a lie that he thought would cause less trouble than saying one of the above.

^^^^
    Could not agree more. Age brings wisdom :smug:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NW86)

personally if that was the case I would see feeling the need to lying rather than just saying any of those things to be an issue. The trust and honesty that a relationship should have is the very reason why those answers wouldn't be an issue so if you lie that disappears.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by boba)
    personally if that was the case I would see feeling the need to lying rather than just saying any of those things to be an issue. The trust and honesty that a relationship should have is the very reason why those answers wouldn't be an issue so if you lie that disappears.
    To be frank, I think that's a little naíve, people lie all the time, unfortunetly it's just a fact. They don't mean to, they aren't trying to cover up anything large, it's just a throwaway statement that wasn't entirely truthful, people do it without even thinking!

My dad told a lie to my mum last week that there wasn't any pork in waitrose (there was, he forgot to get some), they've been happily married 30 years, there's no trust issue here.

You could argue that there is a trust issue if a gf is looking through her bf's mobile phone, I can't remember if she said she had permission for this or not, but just a point.

ReputationRep:
    Ehh, just don't care about it and you wont be affected.
    My boyfriend is a slut (no offence to him) because he loves the female naked body and before we got together, he had so many pictures of naked girls on his phone.
    He told me he did and he has a **** load of emails with the same sort of photos on there too.
    So basically, I very much doubt he sits there ****ing over these pictures and even if he does, I really couldn't care less, because they're just photos, so yeah, it doesn't bother me. But the girls on your bfs phone aren't naked, but still, they're photos, they mean nothing.
    Naked photos and a photo of friends are too different things, so I think that if anyone should be annoyed, it should be me.
    Like I said before, don't worry about it, guys can be friends with girls too.
    Like you probably keep photos on your phone of the good times you had with mates, he happens to have a few girly mates who he had good times with too.
    It doesn't mean anything.
    I done a bit of waffling, but hope that makes you feel better

ReputationRep:
    What do you care if he has photos? it's not like their nude photos or anything jeez

ReputationRep:
    I just hope you don't have any photos of any other men who your boyfriend isn't familiar with anywhere, because that would quite obviously suggest that they're people you're secretly seeing behind his back.

ReputationRep:
    On my phone any photo you've looked at on social media (fb, twitter etc) appears on Photo Stream. You don't have to have saved it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NW86)
    To be frank, I think that's a little naíve, people lie all the time, unfortunetly it's just a fact. They don't mean to, they aren't trying to cover up anything large, it's just a throwaway statement that wasn't entirely truthful, people do it without even thinking!

My dad told a lie to my mum last week that there wasn't any pork in waitrose (there was, he forgot to get some), they've been happily married 30 years, there's no trust issue here.

You could argue that there is a trust issue if a gf is looking through her bf's mobile phone, I can't remember if she said she had permission for this or not, but just a point.
    but there is a throwaway comment and then there is a deliberate thought of "she wont like this so I will make something up"

yes I think there is more of an issue with going through his phone and she has no reason to be thinking this my reply was mostly specific to your point that its ok if he lied because she might not like the real reason.

ReputationRep:
    This. Photo stream photos can be deleted ones.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by boba)
    but there is a throwaway comment and then there is a deliberate thought of "she wont like this so I will make something up"

yes I think there is more of an issue with going through his phone and she has no reason to be thinking this my reply was mostly specific to your point that its ok if he lied because she might not like the real reason.
    Yeah... I understand that

People are stupid though, it's much easier to say whatever he said (i can't remember already!) than "yeah I thought she was hot". He might know how bad an effect that might have on his gf for whatever reason, it doesn't make it right, but we often try to spare peoples feelings.

Not defending him/challenging you at all by the way, merely pointing out the grey area!

ReputationRep:
    also why would he delete them after showing his friend? I don't think I've ever deleted a picture from my phone

ReputationRep:
    It's too late, he's already shagged them by the time you've posted this and right now about 50 times each.

He has pictures of him and his mates which include girls on his phone, what if you see him and pictures of guys do you think hes gone gay?

ReputationRep:
    Jesus wept. Get a grip woman!

ReputationRep:
    There is a good chance you are gonna finish second place in a year's time.

Don't let it hit you hard.

He is obviously interested in befriending her. If its clicks well... Well I don't think I need to spell it out for you

Posted from TSR Mobile

(Original post by Vikki1805)
    I don't see the issue?

They are friends, they went on a night out and took photos?

:nothing:
    You clearly didn't read my post properly!

He was never with her on this night.

He's gone on to the nightclubs facebook page and saved pictures of her to his phone?

So no they didn't go on a night out and take photos, I wouldn't care if that was the case!

ReputationRep:
    Maybe he forgot to delete them... jesus...

ReputationRep:
    Maybe he spent the night alone in bed with them so it's probably the best to assume the worse possible explanation.

ReputationRep:
    Seems a bit paranoid OP, just saying.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 14, 2013
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.