Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

EE Graduate Sceheme 2013 watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    'Hi Guys,
    I did the situational judgement first followed by verbal/numerical which I did on Thursday night, received an email Friday morning to invite me to book a telephone interview - have you guys heard anything further?
    I'm applying for marketing :-)

Good Luck!'

This was posted on 21st April, so seems she had a quick turn around. I know many of us on this thread applied very early in the process so strange their getting back to those who applied very late in the process first.

ReputationRep:
    It is unusual that people applying later are getting phone interviews earlier. The process has been confusing as it it, I got invited to do verbal and numerical. and this email stated that these were the last tests. After those, I got a situational test with the email saying I had more tests after which I have heard nothing.

Very confusing, hopefully hear wither way sooner rather than later.

ReputationRep:
    Hopefully I can shed a little light on this for those of you interested - I've worked for EE (legacy orange) for nearly two years now whilst being in uni. The grad scheme runs parallel to what's called a fast track scheme for top performers already in the company (ie, me!) many of whom have already completed their studies at some point within the last few years. Whilst I can't say with 100% certainty exactly what's going on, it wouldn't surprise me if EE where vetting their existing staff first before moving onto external recruitment. I passed all the online tests and had my telephone interview today - hopefully I'll be getting the call back to go to the assessment centre in a few weeks time

If anyone would like any advice on getting into retail with EE, please feel free to drop me a message

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mythste)
    Hopefully I can shed a little light on this for those of you interested - I've worked for EE (legacy orange) for nearly two years now whilst being in uni. The grad scheme runs parallel to what's called a fast track scheme for top performers already in the company (ie, me!) many of whom have already completed their studies at some point within the last few years. Whilst I can't say with 100% certainty exactly what's going on, it wouldn't surprise me if EE where vetting their existing staff first before moving onto external recruitment. I passed all the online tests and had my telephone interview today - hopefully I'll be getting the call back to go to the assessment centre in a few weeks time

If anyone would like any advice on getting into retail with EE, please feel free to drop me a message

hello !! I was wondering how was the phone interview what did they ask you about ? thanks

ReputationRep:
    The questions where quite broad, I'd do the usual research on the company and be prepared to give lots of examples of times when you've taken an initiative. It sounded to me like the questions where trying to draw a sense of being able to take leadership of various situations out of me.
    Also, he did quiz me on why I decided on the two options I chose, so be prepared to answer (remember...?) which ones you chose - though I'm not sure the application would have given you the option from the grad side rather than the fast track side.

In fact it's worth noting that all the above is from an internal recruitment side. It could be totally different for external. I don't know that much I'm afraid!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pie12)
    Where does it say on WIKI Jobs people are having phone interviews? I presume we are all on a shortlist and will be compared when everyone has completed their tests.
    Hi Mythse, do you have a telephone number for the Grad recruitment team please? If not, do you have an email for them? I am having trouble with the test and am unable to get hold of the rectuirment team.

I have lost the emails that they sent to me, (Outlook failure) so I do not have any contact details for them.

thanks,
    B

ReputationRep:
    Hi mythse! Do you remember what were those two questions at the beginning of application?

One was - Why do you want to join EE?

I can't seem to remember the second one.

Do you remember available options by any chance? Does anyone else remember?

ReputationRep:

Yes you're correct, I just had my telephone interview for the fast track scheme (I work in EE retail) the interviewer told me the fast track scheme runs separate to the Graduate scheme, so the interview dates, assessment centres etc are all completely separate. He said they were getting back to Graduates later as their interviews/assessments would be in June rather than May.

So if your applying through fast track good news there has only been 300 internal applications! Unlike the graduate programme which is somewhere nearer to 5000...

Mythste, which programmes are you applying for?

Good luck everyone!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by james.hardy)
    Hi mythse! Do you remember what were those two questions at the beginning of application?

One was - Why do you want to join EE?

I can't seem to remember the second one.

Do you remember available options by any chance? Does anyone else remember?
    Hi James,

Second question was:
    What is your long-term career motivation? (at least it was for the fast track)

The options for the different schemes do you mean??
    If so they are:
    Marketing (consumer)
    Marketing (non consumer)
    Brand and Communications
    Sales
    Technology

Check here for info: http://jobs.ee.co.uk/our-company/new-talent/graduates

Good luck with the application!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Luna19)
    Hi James,

Second question was:
    What is your long-term career motivation? (at least it was for the fast track)

The options for the different schemes do you mean??
    If so they are:
    Marketing (consumer)
    Marketing (non consumer)
    Brand and Communications
    Sales
    Technology

Check here for info: http://jobs.ee.co.uk/our-company/new-talent/graduates

Good luck with the application!

Hey Luna19! Hope you did good at the interview!

Thanks for the reply.

No, I meant different questions.

At the very beginning (even before we had to answer the long-term career motivation one) there were two multiple choice questions.

One asked "Why do you want to join EE?"

The options were something like "it is an exciting time to join the company," "i am interested in technology and want to use my skills" or something along those lines..

And there was one more multiple choice question. Can't remember that one and the options that they gave.

Someone just told that they were asked to justify why they selected those answers!

Do you recall any of that?

ReputationRep:
    Yes you're correct, I just had my telephone interview for the fast track scheme (I work in EE retail) the interviewer told me the fast track scheme runs separate to the Graduate scheme, so the interview dates, assessment centres etc are all completely separate. He said they were getting back to Graduates later as their interviews/assessments would be in June rather than May.

So if your applying through fast track good news there has only been 300 internal applications! Unlike the graduate programme which is somewhere nearer to 5000...

Mythste, which programmes are you applying for?

Good luck everyone!!
    300?! Goodness, do you know if that's 300 people got through to the telephone invterview stage or 300 all in? I know at least 8 people who didn't get through the numerical and verbal reasoning tests. Turns out we might be in with a chance eh?! Heh.

I've opted for Sales and marketing (consumer) Though apparently the assessment centre will give you a better idea of what really goes on and where. What about yourself?

The biggest problem I'm facing at the moment is that if I do get called back to the assessment centre I believe it's on the 8th and 9th of May - I have my final exam on the 9th... Could be a squeeze!

Let me know if you hear back from them and what they suggest

ReputationRep:
    Hey Luna19! Hope you did good at the interview!

Thanks for the reply.

No, I meant different questions.

At the very beginning (even before we had to answer the long-term career motivation one) there were two multiple choice questions.

One asked "Why do you want to join EE?"

The options were something like "it is an exciting time to join the company," "i am interested in technology and want to use my skills" or something along those lines..

And there was one more multiple choice question. Can't remember that one and the options that they gave.

Someone just told that they were asked to justify why they selected those answers!

Do you recall any of that?
    Ohhh, I see, I'm not 100% sure I think it was something to do with your working style, there was some that said I like to be given structure or I like working independently - that kind of thing!?

I didn't get asked about that though, I think the questions are very tailored to the scheme you apply for & they just want you to show your interest in the company!

Have you heard back?

ReputationRep:
    300?! Goodness, do you know if that's 300 people got through to the telephone invterview stage or 300 all in? I know at least 8 people who didn't get through the numerical and verbal reasoning tests. Turns out we might be in with a chance eh?! Heh.

I've opted for Sales and marketing (consumer) Though apparently the assessment centre will give you a better idea of what really goes on and where. What about yourself?

The biggest problem I'm facing at the moment is that if I do get called back to the assessment centre I believe it's on the 8th and 9th of May - I have my final exam on the 9th... Could be a squeeze!

Let me know if you hear back from them and what they suggest
    I'm not 100% sure but at the beginning of my interview he did say really well done to get this far as a only a small percentage passed the tests...

Then it was at the end I asked about the fast track & he said only 300 had applied - so who knows! But sounds like we'll be hearing soon if the assessment is then...

I applied for consumer marketing & brand & comms, I only know one other employee who applied & she has her interview today.

Oh dear, that's not good what are you studying? I have a presentation on the 9th too so not great timing, fingers crossed we get through though!

ReputationRep:
    I'm not 100% sure but at the beginning of my interview he did say really well done to get this far as a only a small percentage passed the tests...

Then it was at the end I asked about the fast track & he said only 300 had applied - so who knows! But sounds like we'll be hearing soon if the assessment is then...

I applied for consumer marketing & brand & comms, I only know one other employee who applied & she has her interview today.

Oh dear, that's not good what are you studying? I have a presentation on the 9th too so not great timing, fingers crossed we get through though!
    It may well have been the same gent, He was very congratulatory when it came to the first 5 minutes! I also found out that he did a masters in HR and I spent a good ten minutes banging on about how I felt managers could benefit from a higher level of HR theory understanding and explaining things in much more detail than was perhaps necessary if I knew I was talking to someone who had a masters on the subject! How long did your interview go on for? I know they where 20 minute slots but I think mine ended up closer to 45 :rolleyes:

I'm about to finish a degree in Economics with a strong focus on Economic/HR theory. Frantically hitting refresh on my E-mails but I've a feeling it'll be monday at the earliest. Getting to Hatfield and back is going to require a few weeks planning from Liverpool! I imagine it to be just as much a challenge for you as well! What are you studying? Final year?

ReputationRep:
    Ohhh, I see, I'm not 100% sure I think it was something to do with your working style, there was some that said I like to be given structure or I like working independently - that kind of thing!?

I didn't get asked about that though, I think the questions are very tailored to the scheme you apply for & they just want you to show your interest in the company!

Have you heard back?

Ok, thanks for help! Hope they wont ask me that as well

Did they tell when will you know the result?

I think I passed the tests, now waiting for the phone interview!

ReputationRep:
    It may well have been the same gent, He was very congratulatory when it came to the first 5 minutes! I also found out that he did a masters in HR and I spent a good ten minutes banging on about how I felt managers could benefit from a higher level of HR theory understanding and explaining things in much more detail than was perhaps necessary if I knew I was talking to someone who had a masters on the subject! How long did your interview go on for? I know they where 20 minute slots but I think mine ended up closer to 45 :rolleyes:

I'm about to finish a degree in Economics with a strong focus on Economic/HR theory. Frantically hitting refresh on my E-mails but I've a feeling it'll be monday at the earliest. Getting to Hatfield and back is going to require a few weeks planning from Liverpool! I imagine it to be just as much a challenge for you as well! What are you studying? Final year?
    Haha yeah he was a nice bloke interviewing, mine was only 20 mins though!

I study advertising atm hence brands/marketing
    Yeah I'm travelling from Leeds so that will be fun! I doubt we will hear before Monday, my friend had hers today & he told her early next week...
    They told me marketing was the most over subscribed & competitive & there is only one role! Scary!

ReputationRep:
    Ok, thanks for help! Hope they wont ask me that as well

Did they tell when will you know the result?

I think I passed the tests, now waiting for the phone interview!
    Oh good luck!
    Hear back next week so fingers crossed but I think only half a dozen or so get to assessment so who knows!

I'm sure they wouldn't ask that again! I think people are starting to hear back on phone interviews so you'll be hearing soon

ReputationRep:

Any news? I noticed a wiki job person had heard back but unsure if they're fast track or grad scheme...

ReputationRep:
    Any news? I noticed a wiki job person had heard back but unsure if they're fast track or grad scheme...
    Nothing yet...

ReputationRep:
    Just heard back from the same gent that did my telephone interview, I've been invited down to hatfield for the assessment

Over the moon right now!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: June 27, 2015
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

Quick Link:

Unanswered Marketing,Sales ad PR Threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.