Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    They met through mutual friends although I'm not sure where they met initially

ReputationRep:
    They met at university through a mutual friend

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sammi_K?)
    LOL, guess it runs in the family. Many generations down the line your great * 8 grand daughter could be stolen from another guy. That would be pretty cool.
    Haha a family tradition.

ReputationRep:
    Hospital - both worked there lol
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    My parents met at an elderly care home - who would have thought?! To this day, I don't know what two teenagers were doing in a care home (they weren't volunteering/working there or anything and we had no relatives there), but there you go!

Me? That page remains unwritten. :P

ReputationRep:
    Parents met at a pub my mum worked in, i met my boyfriend at school.

ReputationRep:
    My mum used to work in a bank, my dad went in to open an account; and things went from there They've been together for nearly 30 years :P

ReputationRep:
    Basically, my parents met (first time obviously) in my mums house, surrounded by a **** load of family.
    Then their parents agreed to get them married.
    And then BAMN! I happened.

And I met my boyfriend at a train station, I'm guessing he bumped into me accidentally on purpose.

ReputationRep:
    My grandma worked with my mum and was like "you should talk to my son". They dated for 3 years, got married, then had me 2 years later. Then they got divorced :rolleyes: but they're still really good friends...

ReputationRep:
    My parents met on a blind date, got married 3 years later, I was born a year after their wedding and stayed married for 36 years until my dad passed away in 2007.

My husband started out as a pen pal, but romance blossomed and we got married 2 years later in 1996. Still married too.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by senz72)
    Mine have been married for just over 20 years. My mum's never serious when she says it, it's more of a joke between them two. They squabble more and more as they get older.
    Lol, my parents squabble too, I guess that's the way they communicate with one another
    My father used to be the dominant scary one during the early years of marriage, not a good man. But he changed, now my mum wears the trousers lol.

ReputationRep:
    They met each other on the same college course. Sadly that college has been demolished since then.

ReputationRep:
    My mum first met my dad when she was twelve, he was 17 and a half. His friend and my mums sister were going out, so they met through that. Then dad went to uni, and Mum moved in with him when she was in her second year of uni (when she was 20.)They've been together for 25 years.

ReputationRep:
    my parents met whilst smothering each other with nutella

ReputationRep:
    A pub... how classy haha.

They went to the same high school but never talked.

ReputationRep:
    Facebook, random add, hope you don't mind.

ReputationRep:
    Hi =]

I hope you're all well

My Dad and step-mum met through mutual friends at a pub; my Dad's first impression of her was that she was a mouthy fat cow and my step-mum's first impression of my Dad was that he was a cocky ginger t***er. Their friends told them to stop moaning and talk to each other. Thankfully they listened because they've been together for ten years and in September 2012 my step-mum gave birth to the most adorable, most beautiful little boy ever

As for myself and my boyfriend he messaged me on Plenty of Fish, we arranged to meet and from the moment I first met him it felt like I'd known him my entire life

xxx

ReputationRep:
    Mine both grew up in the same town so probably vaguely knew each other, but since my dad was 4 years older I doubt they knew each other well until my mum was 16 and they started going out with each other.

They like to tell the story of when my dad parked outside a shop to run in for something quickly and left his doors unlocked (I think this was when they knew each other already, otherwise this story is a bit creepy). My mum and her friend decided to get in the back of his car and hid on the floor under the coats and stuff which were in the back seat and surprise him when he got back in the car and drove off. My dad saw right through it straight away (probably the fact that the pile of coats on the floor were giggling), so when he drove off and they jumped out he wasn't surprised, but it's quite a funny story anyway!

ReputationRep:
    I don't actually know, I need to ask my mum. But they weren't together for very long so it makes sense.
    I met my boyfriend when I was walking home from school with my best friend and she saw him walking not far behind us and said we should walk with him, I guess she'd seen him around school. We walked together and started talking and it went from there. That was a bit over 3 years ago

ReputationRep:
    My parents met in a nightclub when my moms friend dared her to ask my dad if he wanted to dance

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.