Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tim2341)
    Maybe muslims should mix more with the indigenous population and not seem as segregated, that would help cohesion. I had 2 muslim friends, one male and one female, none of them ever invited me to their houses to socialize like so-called mates do to hang out as it were, even though we didn't live that far away from each other, It made me think they were exclusionist or their parents were.
    'Indigenous'. We are not an indigenous population. :facepalm:

Also, I've never personally had Muslim friends, however I've never been to some of my friends houses, that doesn't indicate anything. It depends on the person.
    Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TaylorGang_4)
    'Indigenous'. We are not an indigenous population. :facepalm:

Also, I've never personally had Muslim friends, however I've never been to some of my friends houses, that doesn't indicate anything. It depends on the person.
    Posted from TSR Mobile
    http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=2315714

Ah, the old Anti-English brigade attempting to degrade and deny them their own country by pretejding they don't exist. Europeans are indigenous to Europe. We are in Europe. England is Europe. People like you won't be satisfied until you've outrightly denied every country in Europe their status to even be recognized.

I made a thread on your sort a few days ago mind you. Check it out.

ReputationRep:
    Sadly even ignorant people are entitled to their opinion.
    But yes, I do see a lot of people saying Muslims, Sikhs and other various "Asian" religions should "go back to their own country". Completely moronic.

Also, to say that Muslims get more freedom in Britain than we would in "their country" (WHICH DOESN'T EXIST) is stupid. OF COURSE THEY GET MORE FREEDOM, BRITAIN IS A FREE COUNTRY. EVERYONE GETS MORE FREEDOM.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CatPurchase)
    THERE IS NO 'MUSLIM COUNTRY'!! THAT'S THE POINT!
    if you mean countries like pakistan, my friend has been there in clothes she would wear here in the uk, and no one gave her a 2nd glance in her jeans and tshirt. muslims don't care what non-muslim people wear.
    There are Muslim country's. This is the exact problem I have. People believe they can start declaring certain races, nationality's don't exist or they don't have their own land. That their country's aren't even their own. When you start doing that you're opening up a can of worms....people are going to become very resentful when you deny them that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HeyThereAbby)
    Sadly even ignorant people are entitled to their opinion.
    But yes, I do see a lot of people saying Muslims, Sikhs and other various "Asian" religions should "go back to their own country". Completely moronic.

Also, to say that Muslims get more freedom in Britain than we would in "their country" (WHICH DOESN'T EXIST) is stupid. OF COURSE THEY GET MORE FREEDOM, BRITAIN IS A FREE COUNTRY. EVERYONE GETS MORE FREEDOM.
    I think it's moronic for people who say they should come to our country without the consent of the majority. Then call it Multiculturalism. I'm not sure how you expect people to feel about having various cultures forced onto them. But the last I heard English people are now a minority in London. There lies the exact problem. Everybody else can retain their individuality yet certain country's have to change in racial, cultural and religious nature to accommodate others which exist elsewhere. How very equal.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by slickrick666999)
    http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=2315714

Ah, the old Anti-English brigade attempting to degrade and deny them their own country by pretejding they don't exist. Europeans are indigenous to Europe. We are in Europe. England is Europe. People like you won't be satisfied until you've outrightly denied every country in Europe their status to even be recognized.

I made a thread on your sort a few days ago mind you. Check it out.
    'Your sort', I'm glad that I don't interact in person with people like you. Don't you dare try to twist my words and make it look like I'm somehow 'degrading' this country, that's a bold statement to make about someone and it can cause offense. Yes, we are indigenous Europeans, however we are not indigenous to Britain, we have derived from elsewhere, where you choose to believe, is your choice. There are only certain groups of people in Europe whose history leads to an unaccountable trace. Therefore they are considered 'indigenous'.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    A girl on twitter I've never met but made friends with because of our music taste really surprised me last night with her tweets.
    "If Muslims want to live in our country (Britain) they should follow our laws." "****ing Muslim *******s" "go back to Muslim country"
    I was gobsmacked! This is because some wear a burka, it's part of their culture. There are many religions in every country. There's no such thing as a "Muslim country". What makes her think she owns the uk, because she's White and not a Muslim?!
    She believes that wearing a burka allows you to not get caught breaking the law... Yeh cause everyone in burkas totally robs banks and no one who doesn't wear one has ever gotten away with a crime.....
    She said I "don't understand the situation" as I'm "not British" which is funny cause she actually didn't even know Scotland is part if the uk.... Haha. And then she called ME ignorant!
    People need to treat others as equals and not discriminate because they're not identical to you.
    I'm sorry, was there a question?

A certain proportion of the population are racist, this is not news, so I don't know why it would be news that they are expressing themselves in such a way on the Internet, whether that be Twitter, Facebook or TSR.

Claiming a piece of land as yours when many have lived there longer than you is ridiculous. It's not ok to say things like this, even over the Internet. @RoseParlo, Your 'opinion' is old fashioned, offensive, disgusting and unjustifiable. Wake up and realise there are other people in this world that aren't like you, and thank goodness for that.
    I wonder, would you say the same thing to a Tibetan, or Palestinian?

ReputationRep:
    I think it's moronic for people who say they should come to our country without the consent of the majority. Then call it Multiculturalism. I'm not sure how you expect people to feel about having various cultures forced onto them. But the last I heard English people are now a minority in London. There lies the exact problem.
    That's not even the topic on hand. English people can be Muslim. Muslim is a religion not a race.
    I understand what you mean is that different races are forcing their way into England, but we're talking about a religion

ReputationRep:
    I think it's moronic for people who say they should come to our country without the consent of the majority. Then call it Multiculturalism. I'm not sure how you expect people to feel about having various cultures forced onto them. But the last I heard English people are now a minority in London. There lies the exact problem. Everybody else can retain their individuality yet certain country's have to change in racial, cultural and religious nature to accommodate others which exist elsewhere. How very equal.
    I understand, immigration has spiralled out of control, but the lack of social developments in this country has made it impossible for these people to integrate in society. I have no problems with immigrants who come here to improve theirs and their families lives, why should these people suffer due to the inability of others to desegregate themselves from society?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Maybe muslims should mix more with the indigenous population and not seem as segregated, that would help cohesion. I had 2 muslim friends, one male and one female, none of them ever invited me to their houses to socialize like so-called mates do to hang out as it were, even though we didn't live that far away from each other, It made me think they were exclusionist or their parents were.
    Thas probably due to their parents culture not religion, my best friend is a Christian and she can come wheneva she wants

ReputationRep:
    what's ninjas got to do with it? random?
    Women who cover their heads look like ninjas. :L

ReputationRep:
    Where there is people. There will be racism.

ReputationRep:
    and has every non-muslim person you're friends with invited you to their house? every single one? i'm not a muslim and i don't invite everyone i know over because i don't like the pressure of hosting. you can't pin that on their religion

ReputationRep:
    A girl on twitter I've never met but made friends with because of our music taste really surprised me last night with her tweets.
    "If Muslims want to live in our country (Britain) they should follow our laws." "****ing Muslim *******s" "go back to Muslim country"
    I was gobsmacked! This is because some wear a burka, it's part of their culture. There are many religions in every country. There's no such thing as a "Muslim country". What makes her think she owns the uk, because she's White and not a Muslim?!
    She believes that wearing a burka allows you to not get caught breaking the law... Yeh cause everyone in burkas totally robs banks and no one who doesn't wear one has ever gotten away with a crime.....
    She said I "don't understand the situation" as I'm "not British" which is funny cause she actually didn't even know Scotland is part if the uk.... Haha. And then she called ME ignorant!
    People need to treat others as equals and not discriminate because they're not identical to you. Claiming a piece of land as yours when many have lived there longer than you is ridiculous. It's not ok to say things like this, even over the Internet. @RoseParlo, Your 'opinion' is old fashioned, offensive, disgusting and unjustifiable. Wake up and realise there are other people in this world that aren't like you, and thank goodness for that.

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
    #naive#why are you mad #its twitter #stop @ and #hash tags

ReputationRep:
    People need to treat others as equals and not discriminate because they're not identical to you. Claiming a piece of land as yours when many have lived there longer than you is ridiculous. It's not ok to say things like this, even over the Internet. @RoseParlo, Your 'opinion' is old fashioned, offensive, disgusting and unjustifiable. Wake up and realise there are other people in this world that aren't like you, and thank goodness for that.
    Well, I'm a Muslim myself and I have come across this bullcrap a lot on twitter.... and when it's directed at me it does anger me at times but in the end I am the mature one with aspirations (want to follow the footsteps of my mum and be a doctor ^.^), and they all seem to be attention seeking losers sitting on twitter making fun of others and what not because they don't feel good about themselves and have nothing to lose... including class

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TaylorGang_4)
    Sorry, what are you saying?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I'm saying parts of the UK are not tolerant places. There are places where you'll get beaten up for being black/white/Muslim/gay.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sabian92)
    I'm saying parts of the UK are not tolerant places. There are places where you'll get beaten up for being black/white/Muslim/gay.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    There's always a minority in a majority.

ReputationRep:
    sorry for the misleading title, i was in a rush when i was writing it. it should have been discrimination on twitter, not racism.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Have you ever participated in a Secret Santa?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.