Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Have you ever met someone who instantly disliked you? Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Miracle Day)
    Uni reminds me of Big Brother. When you first move in everyone's nice and trying to make friends, and then when the water settles they show their true colours.
    This.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I met this girl on my uni course 3 years and ever since the day she met me, she has hated me. We started off being mild friends but over the first couple of weeks we drifted apart.

I used to be nice to her, partly because I wanted to make friends and appear like a civilised human being but she would always be condescending towards me, slip some snide remarks/comments whenever I tried to converse with her, fire dirty looks and eye-rolls, etc. I don't bother with her any more but I've always wondered why someone who doesn't even know you take such a disliking towards you?

Has anyone ever experienced this?
    Sounds really unusual. What were the chances Ey?

No, it does not sound unusual- she is just a *****. I apologize for my bad language: but my vocabulary is very limited today.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Enavor)
    Yes.

A Bulgarian Mathematician with a God complex.
    This accurately fits a description of a maths lecturer I had during first semester. He's a lecturer at Strathclyde uni though. :p:

ReputationRep:
    I think everyone has.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Miracle Day)
    Uni reminds me of Big Brother. When you first move in everyone's nice and trying to make friends, and then when the water settles they show their true colours.
    Yeah I've always compared my flat in halls in first year to big brother (not that I watch bb anymore I hasten to add), at first everyone's friendly and feels like a big family, but after a few weeks, the cliques form and people start *****ing about each other.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mr Smurf)
    I think everyone has.
    ^Agreed.

There was this one girl in College, everyday on the bus with my friends she would be a b**** towards me. No idea why to this day.

But I remember it and laugh, I didn't care then and I don't now.

ReputationRep:
    I know exactly what you mean! Unfortunately there are people like that where ever you go, it sounds like you're handling it the right way. If she makes you feel uncomfortable or if you suspect she's saying bad things about you, confront her in front of people. Or leave it if it's not bothering you anymore, she may get tired of being a ***** to you one day

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 26, 2013
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.