Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Am I ever going to get a boyfriend... watch

Everyones replies have been a brilliant help! Thank-you for making me realise it is not good trying to be like the others, for realising i have so much ahead of me throughout the next decade and for realising it is about meeting the right guy thanks everyone!

ReputationRep:
    Aww, bless, you sound just like me when I was 16! To be honest, I've found that maybe English guys are just really rubbish (no offence!), as it took me moving to Australia at the age of 21 and hooking up with a Scottish guy to finally realize I was capable of making a relationship with someone :ahee:. So that shows that sometimes it's not you alone that's the problem, sometimes it's just everyone else you meet, and it takes being in a different location and circumstances to finally see some results, which college might do for you

ReputationRep:
    Your situation is so common. Although you feel grown up now, you are really quite young and there are still many years to go in which you'll almost certainly meet someone. Granted a number of people begin to date or get into relationships around your age but just as many don't. You're not out of school yet so there's plenty of opportunity. You may well meet someone in College and if not there, then University where there are many like-minded people with similar interests.

I for one met my first girlfriend at 15, we stayed together for three years until we were 18 year olds on the verge of leaving home for university. We decided to end our relationship due to the fact that it would be difficult to maintain it over long distances (along with other difficulties). I spent my first year single (and mingling) and met someone else in my second. I wouldn't say that I'm an overly sociable individual, so if I can do it... anyone can!

Good luck

ReputationRep:
    Don't base your future relationships on the fact that you're single at 16! Honestly, at 16, a relationship would be nothing but a hassle. It might make you feel all warm and special now, but it's unlikely a relationship at this stage would last. You'd be moving soon, anyways! Focus on getting your grades etc. to make sure all your doors are still open. Once you're where you want to be, you'll find yourself surrounded by people who are like you, and you'll be in a more comfortable position for a relationship. Don't stress; you'll do great, boyfriend or not

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Everyones replies have been a brilliant help! Thank-you for making me realise it is not good trying to be like the others, for realising i have so much ahead of me throughout the next decade and for realising it is about meeting the right guy thanks everyone!
    Stop worrying about it! I am ialso aged 16 and have only just had my first kiss.. it will happen when it happens

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 25, 2013
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.