Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I haven't started it yet but I've got some ideas, I'm going to do some artist research to get a better insight. I really want the 1900-2000 one, got a few other artist books which I might bring to uni with me
    Do you think we are allowed to present the work how we want, like in a sketchbook etc.?

ReputationRep:
    Same here, I'm trying to ensure I can link the found objects together in some sense so they are not just individually random objects. We will have to talk about the work we've done in discussion groups and then this work will be the basis to what we do the ne following four weeks into the semester. Yes do, apparently it is the most useful book we will have. Mine is on its way however, I decided to get a 2nd hand book, as I ordered more than 1 and didn't want to go spending a fortune on so many books haha Exactly, the research will allow us to see what other artists have done with 'found objects'. Ah I shall look into it Thanks xx Same here! We shall be awful together! What accommodation did you get into?

ReputationRep:
    Hi Kayleigh, Yes we are, I've been speaking to some students that are currently on this course and luckily enough; had this project during their summer too! I simply asked for piece of mind whether there is a specific way they wanted the presentation to be presented and they said no, they said some people didn't even draw, some only took photos and some didn't do anything and only took an essay! Its purely to get us talking and see what others can do and what were interested in. I'm doing some drawings in my sketch book, probably some on larger scale as for me, this is really effective (depending on the found object you choose mind you) and I'm going to print out the photos hopefully some large some small as they did say 'scale is important and its up to us to decide'

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lacie)
    Same here, I'm trying to ensure I can link the found objects together in some sense so they are not just individually random objects. We will have to talk about the work we've done in discussion groups and then this work will be the basis to what we do the ne following four weeks into the semester. Yes do, apparently it is the most useful book we will have. Mine is on its way however, I decided to get a 2nd hand book, as I ordered more than 1 and didn't want to go spending a fortune on so many books haha Exactly, the research will allow us to see what other artists have done with 'found objects'. Ah I shall look into it Thanks xx Same here! We shall be awful together! What accommodation did you get into?
    Yeah I am going to get a 2nd hand one aswell if I can its really expensive brand new! and haha oh i hope we don't have too many presentations, on my foundation course we went in smallish discussion groups and put our work at the front while everyone discussed it THEN we explained what its about. which i much prefer because then at least you have gained a bit of interest before speaking lol. I haven't gotten in to halls yet as I stil need my student number, I wont get it til I can change my university on ucas during adjustment on aug the 15th officially even tho iv had an interview and been offered a place, the official paperwork has to be done before i can secure a place in halls. just hoping i get something lol what about you? x

ReputationRep:
    Hi,
    I'm starting the Fine Art course in September aswell
    About the Part Two bit of the Found Object project, does anyone know if we're meant to draw all the items or just pick one item and draw it 10 times but in different ways? Got a little confused about the email
    Thankyou!

ReputationRep:
    Sarah - Ah I think there is quite a bit of presentation Work in a fine art course guess we will have to get used to it lmao! And what really? I don't have my student number yet either but i Could apply for it. I've got my contract just waiting on my unconditional to get my number and to pay my room bond x

Hannah - Hi To me I believe it means choose a range of found objects anddraw them, I too had this dilemma

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lacie)
    Sarah - Ah I think there is quite a bit of presentation Work in a fine art course guess we will have to get used to it lmao! And what really? I don't have my student number yet either but i Could apply for it. I've got my contract just waiting on my unconditional to get my number and to pay my room bond x

Hannah - Hi To me I believe it means choose a range of found objects anddraw them, I too had this dilemma
    Ah okay, that's what I thought they must have meant
    Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lacie)

Oh right, maybe its because I don't have Loughborough registered on my ucas application not sure really lol iv got 9 days to wait then I can try and sort a room out! lol. I think you're right we will have a lot of presentations, but I think they will get easier as we get to know eachother (i hope) have you any idea how many people will be in the first year? x

ReputationRep:
    Ah thats okay then, thanks lacie Once we all know each other and are comfortable in each others presence I'm sure the presentations will become second nature I rang accommodation today and they said they will send me my room details on results day and they said if I'm not pleased with the room I can be put on a swap list.
    I got so confused with accommodation because I had to leave preferences as only catered halls were left.
    I'm excited and all nervous at the same time to x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sarahfrancis1991)
    Oh right, maybe its because I don't have Loughborough registered on my ucas application not sure really lol iv got 9 days to wait then I can try and sort a room out! lol. I think you're right we will have a lot of presentations, but I think they will get easier as we get to know eachother (i hope) have you any idea how many people will be in the first year? x
    ahh that could be it! As I did have a different university on my student finance however, I changed it at the last minute when I knew I wanted to go to Loughborough. And what do you mean on your UCAS? Shouldn't you have all your universities on your UCAS application? Well lets just say this - I still have trouble doing presentations during my BTEC course at sixth form and I have known the people in my class since year 3 so that says it all for me ahhhahaha! Haven't got the slightest of idea of how many there will be, from what Ive gathered there are 9-10 od us at the moment as that's who I've spoken to

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kayleighw601)
    Ah thats okay then, thanks lacie Once we all know each other and are comfortable in each others presence I'm sure the presentations will become second nature I rang accommodation today and they said they will send me my room details on results day and they said if I'm not pleased with the room I can be put on a swap list.
    I got so confused with accommodation because I had to leave preferences as only catered halls were left.
    I'm excited and all nervous at the same time to x
    I still struggle now and I've known the people who were in my art class since year 3 haha! Ahh did you have to go through preference? I'm lucky I got selfcatered Billmo, As I clicked on it and it gave me Cayley, so I had to go back and keep refreshing Oh yes I'm so nervous!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lacie)
    ahh that could be it! As I did have a different university on my student finance however, I changed it at the last minute when I knew I wanted to go to Loughborough. And what do you mean on your UCAS? Shouldn't you have all your universities on your UCAS application? Well lets just say this - I still have trouble doing presentations during my BTEC course at sixth form and I have known the people in my class since year 3 so that says it all for me ahhhahaha! Haven't got the slightest of idea of how many there will be, from what Ive gathered there are 9-10 od us at the moment as that's who I've spoken to
    no i have other unis on my ucas as I am applying through adjusment to Loughborough because I have exceeded the conditions of my firm on my ucas application, which means I can apply to different universities that I didn't originally apply to through adjustment. I got in touch with Loughborough and had an interview then they gave me an offer but it isnt official until the adjustment period opens, then I can formally add them to my ucas application and they can put my unconditional.. if that makes sense haha its a bit confusing cos i got in early as I already knew what my grades were. oh I really hope i get a place in self catered halls! I don't really want catered lol. Oh hun I am the same as you haha I was nervous with presentations on my btec aswell, i guess we either like them or we dont haha xxx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sarahfrancis1991)
    no i have other unis on my ucas as I am applying through adjusment to Loughborough because I have exceeded the conditions of my firm on my ucas application, which means I can apply to different universities that I didn't originally apply to through adjustment. I got in touch with Loughborough and had an interview then they gave me an offer but it isnt official until the adjustment period opens, then I can formally add them to my ucas application and they can put my unconditional.. if that makes sense haha its a bit confusing cos i got in early as I already knew what my grades were. oh I really hope i get a place in self catered halls! I don't really want catered lol. Oh hun I am the same as you haha I was nervous with presentations on my btec aswell, i guess we either like them or we dont haha xxx
    That is the uttermost confusing thing I have ever heard in a long time! I'm completely mind boggled! But any who, hope it all goes well for you Haha, and I'm sure you will, I still haven't got my unconditional yet as I'm having to wait for results day so they can get my ICT. Yep! I may have to practice my presentations in front of house mates if I can stand it! xxx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lacie)
    That is the uttermost confusing thing I have ever heard in a long time! I'm completely mind boggled! But any who, hope it all goes well for you Haha, and I'm sure you will, I still haven't got my unconditional yet as I'm having to wait for results day so they can get my ICT. Yep! I may have to practice my presentations in front of house mates if I can stand it! xxx
    haha i know its probably the way i explained it to be honest I do tend to make things sound more confusing! lol and thanks hun xxx

ReputationRep:
    are you guys taking a lot of art materials with you?

ReputationRep:
    Did you her your accommodation? I've paid the room mind so I presume I've gotten into Billmo. And I've got my tool box full of all my pencils, pens, markets, salotape (spelling haha), double sided sticky tape, markers, coloured pencils- I think you can swe where this is going? Then I've got a box with a few paints, sketchbooks, etc

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lacie)
    Did you her your accommodation? I've paid the room mind so I presume I've gotten into Billmo. And I've got my tool box full of all my pencils, pens, markets, salotape (spelling haha), double sided sticky tape, markers, coloured pencils- I think you can swe where this is going? Then I've got a box with a few paints, sketchbooks, etc
    haha love the spelling your like me lol yeah i have got bits like that aswell i am going to order a load of art materials on friday though just because i go through them so quickly! i make big layered paintings so I'm going to try and buy some paint in bulk while i still have a few pennys from work haha. I don't think we will need a lot until after xmas though as we will most likely be doing rotations and being shown how to use everything. How is your project going? I haven't really started yet I have done a few backgrounds in a sketchbook and taken some notes but i need to get my arse in gear! lol xx

ReputationRep:
    ps add me on facebook Sarah Francis my picture is a black and white photo.. would be good to know some people before we start x

ReputationRep:
    It would be easier if you add me Lacie Cummings as there are about a million Sarah Francis haha I have a full fringe

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I just had to write down my preferences, I haven't heard from accommodation yet but they emailed me saying they'll let me know my halls in a week or two.
    And I only have art materials that I use to use at the moment, I was thinking about buying some more oil and acrylic paints and I will add you both pronto! x

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.