Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Question(s) for gym-goers watch

• Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by Murrica)
    I would actually love to try one, plus they're pretty darn seductive

And you're not alone there! I only just started going again after a pretty lengthy break, and I honestly feel like I might as well be running hand in hand with my nana :laugh:
    They're fun I've considered going through proper waist training with them before. I might do it in years to come.

I just started a couple of days ago, and I nearly collasped running my normal route :rolleyes: Honestly, winter has kicked my arse.

ReputationRep:
    I have really sensitive skin and the cold can exacerbate my eczema
    (I've even had small patches on my face one, not a good look :ashamed2: ):cry:
    Well I'd say that as that's a genuine medical condition it excuses you.

(Original post by boba)
    why would they need an excuse, its their money and their time if thats how they want to spend it why is that ridiculous to you :confused:

You're confused by my finding people's ignorance, stupidity and willingness/desire ("YEAH, I GO TO THE GYM!!!") to waste money ridiculous?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anime Lover)
    Ah fair enough, I tend to go three times a week, each time it costs £3 but I spend a couple of hours there. Memberships worked out a lot more expensive so this works for me, but obviously it depends on how much the gyms near you charge :')
    In all fairness that seems pretty reasonable, I mean if I can handle paying ridiculous prices for fast food, then that shouldn't be an issue

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ChocoCoatedLemons)
    They're fun I've considered going through proper waist training with them before. I might do it in years to come.

I just started a couple of days ago, and I nearly collasped running my normal route :rolleyes: Honestly, winter has kicked my arse.
    Oh what I wouldn't give for a waist like Dita's! :daydreaming:

ReputationRep:
    In all fairness that seems pretty reasonable, I mean if I can handle paying ridiculous prices for fast food, then that shouldn't be an issue
    Yeah, that was exactly my logic! Seeing as it's half term I've been going to some proper fitness classes but at £4.50 a time they're starting to burn a hole in my pocket :c

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, that was exactly my logic! Seeing as it's half term I've been going to some proper fitness classes but at £4.50 a time they're starting to burn a hole in my pocket :c
    Ouch! But with classes, would you need to do it less or more often than 3x a week? I was considering trying yoga classes :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by concubine)
    Well I'd say that as that's a genuine medical condition it excuses you.

You're confused by my finding people's ignorance, stupidity and willingness/desire ("YEAH, I GO TO THE GYM!!!") to waste money ridiculous?
    yes if it makes them happy what is the problem
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Welcome Squad
    Oh what I wouldn't give for a waist like Dita's! :daydreaming:
    Oh I know. It takes dedication and care, but I'd like to reduce mine

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by concubine)
    1) People that do this seem ridiculous to me. The only remotely sensible excuse for not running outside in winter is ice.
    Traffic is a pretty good reason.

ReputationRep:
    Ouch! But with classes, would you need to do it less or more often than 3x a week? I was considering trying yoga classes :rolleyes:
    I'm really not sure tbh. If you did classes maybe do one a week and do normal gym sessions in addition to that. I tend to burn more in a gym session, I average 600-700 calories burnt per gym session whereas it's about 200-400 in a class, but the classes are fun, especially spin class if that's something you'd consider :')

ReputationRep:
    I'm really not sure tbh. If you did classes maybe do one a week and do normal gym sessions in addition to that. I tend to burn more in a gym session, I average 600-700 calories burnt per gym session whereas it's about 200-400 in a class, but the classes are fun, especially spin class if that's something you'd consider :')
    Aha, thank you! I shall look into it

ReputationRep:
    Aha, thank you! I shall look into it
    No problem

ReputationRep:
    Very informative, thanks! y any chance, have you got any suggestions on what I could do to improve my posture? The years of slouching over a desk/computer have taken their toll, unfortunately
    Lol i had a posture problem too the top of my back was rounded and the lower half was rounded in, nothing exaggerated just a slight bend.

Fixed it by strengthning my abs and lower back, stuff like ab crunches and hyper extensions. takes a long time though it aint going to change overnight

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fuze-mo25)
    Lol i had a posture problem too the top of my back was rounded and the lower half was rounded in, nothing exaggerated just a slight bend.

Fixed it by strengthning my abs and lower back, stuff like ab crunches and hyper extensions. takes a long time though it aint going to change overnight
    Thanks, I wanna try all this stuff and see if it helps! I heard from somewhere that doing push-ups or like back muscle exercises helps a lot too :bl:

ReputationRep:
    Thanks, I wanna try all this stuff and see if it helps! I heard from somewhere that doing push-ups or like back muscle exercises helps a lot too :bl:
    never heard the push up one, and yh hyperextensions are back excersises, its like when you lay facing down, your lower half on something with your torso hanging and lift your upper half up, you can hold a weighted plate to your chest if its too easy. Google or youtube if if you want a clear demonstration.

ReputationRep:
    3.) Could I get away with wearing leggings+sports bra in the hotter months without looking sleazy? Or is that only acceptable in movies?
    to judge that you would have to post here your photo. in leggins and sport bra

but seriously- stop caring that much what other people will say and think

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by simon_g)
    to judge that you would have to post here your photo. in leggins and sport bra

but seriously- stop caring that much what other people will say and think
    Ahaha well I'm a 5'7'', 118 pound monster so :P
    I suppose you have a point, plus I'll probably never see those people outside of the gym anyway

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fuze-mo25)
    never heard the push up one, and yh hyperextensions are back excersises, its like when you lay facing down, your lower half on something with your torso hanging and lift your upper half up, you can hold a weighted plate to your chest if its too easy. Google or youtube if if you want a clear demonstration.
    Crikey! that sounds, quite literally, like backbreaking work

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.