x Turn on thread page Beta

How much do your driving lessons cost? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Wish mine we £200 would save so much

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BioIz)
    aaaand this is why I am not learning to drive how are people affording this? Granted I only work on saturdays but I would have to use 90% of my weekly pay check to pay for a driving lesson every week :/
    My parents paid for my first block, grandma gave my dad money for some because she sold gold she wasn't needing so that'll pay for my second and my practical test, on my own for the rest

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I paid £230 for 10 hours.

ReputationRep:
    £20 an hour and £30 for hour an hour in east london. I heard it was much cheaper in 90s people used pay less than what we pay today.

ReputationRep:
    One of my friends here in East London got them for £18 an hour...but for most of my friends it was £20 - 25

ReputationRep:
    £18 an hour on weekdays, £20 on the weekends or £160 for 10 lessons in SE London.

can't believe people pay £28 an hour for some, I wouldn't have lessons if it was that much :eek:

ReputationRep:
    Northumberland- £20 an hour, or £180 for 10..I thought this was on the higher side, but it would appear not!
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Booked all my lessons in a block with A-Class, worked out £18 an hour. Think that's as cheap as it gets unless it's an unreputable, independent instructor.

ReputationRep:
    I'm £25 an hour and that's GOOD compared to my friends' instructors! You guys are lucky!

ReputationRep:
    £24 p/hour or £220 for 10.

ReputationRep:
    £19

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Officegirl4)
    I've just started driving lessons in Aberdeen and am paying £270 for 10 hours.

Wondering what others pay in different places.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I get 10 hours for £180, or £21 a lesson if I don't pay bulk, in Bucks.

ReputationRep:
    paid like erm £8 per hour in Poland this summer lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Officegirl4)
    I've just started driving lessons in Aberdeen and am paying £270 for 10 hours.

Wondering what others pay in different places.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Whoa £270 for 10 is quite tight. I thought mine were expensive.

I pay £209 for 10 lessons. I always buy 10 at a time at the beginning of the month. So £20.90 per lesson. I think that is pretty high TBH.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xev bellringer)
    Whoa £270 for 10 is quite tight. I thought mine were expensive.

I pay £209 for 10 lessons. I always buy 10 at a time at the beginning of the month. So £20.90 per lesson. I think that is pretty high TBH.
    It's normal for aberdeen apparently, some people I know are paying £300-£320 for 10. My cousin an hour down the road in dundee is paying something like £23 an hour

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I used to pay £26 an hour, though I've now quit since the beginning of the year purely because its expensive and I'm saving up for uni!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by justneedhelp)
    I used to pay 18 a lesson in London and now pay 23 a lesson in Exeter

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Where abouts in London and with what driving school? As I am looking to take some lessons soon

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    20 an hour , 30 for hour and half - 80 to use his car for test x

ReputationRep:
    £22.50 with RED Driving

ReputationRep:
    £20.95 so just under £210 for 10 individual lessons. In London.

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.