x Turn on thread page Beta

Hi Im Jewish Yael. watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hermann Göring)
    Hi Yael! My name's Henry and I would love to be your friend. I'm gentile but I always wanted to have at least one Jewish friend.
    what the f**k! are you actually serious with your name ? : D

I'm an open-minded person with a sense of humor but then there's that :eek:
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by Evie Ninnenbaum)
    Why do you care about her caring about whether or not people are Jewish? People are free to search for whoever they wish on TSR - Tories, Russians, Mathematicians or Jews xD

It's mainly because we Jews like to stay together despite the majority of young generation being very secularized. It's our common culture, norms and values I suppose.
    Yes, but if I introduced myself by saying "Hi, I'm ChocoCoatedLemons, and I'm white. I'd like to make some white friends on TSR", people would probably take issue with that.

ReputationRep:
    Awww how cute.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Yael)
    Hello : D My name's Yael and I'm 18 years old. I would describe my ethnicity as Jewish, but I'm not religious.

I'm looking mainly for Jews on TSR but I'm also very willing to make goy friends.

The reason I've registered is because I need a major advice on firming and insurance picking on my universities. I'm looking forward to study VL51 BA Philosophy & Economics at one of the following:

Bristol, Edinburgh, Southampton, Exeter and Cardiff.

I'm currently aiming to firm Bristol/Edinburgh and take Exeter/Southampton as my insurance.
    YES !!!!!! :israel:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ChocoCoatedLemons)
    Yes, but if I introduced myself by saying "Hi, I'm ChocoCoatedLemons, and I'm white. I'd like to make some white friends on TSR", people would probably take issue with that.
    Not really as you would replace the word white with the specific ethnicity like Swedish, Polish, German, Italian, Jewish or Irish Also, she did imply a possibility of having humble goy friends so be hopeful! Just because you're not Jewish doesn't mean you cannot be her friend xD

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Yael)
    How would you otherwise refer to us. Israeli? I haven't lived in Israel.

When you have Irish ancestry you say you're 1/8 Irish or whatever, in the case of being Jewish you do likewise.
    personally, i could be wrong, but i see it like this:
    my ethnicity is indian but i have never lived in india
    my nationality is british (where i actually live) despite not being white

in your case, it could be that
    nationality=wherever you live
    ethnicity= iseali? (im clueless here, so not sure )
    religion: jewdaism

(Original post by Bonoahx)
    Because, well, it is...

Baruch haba! Welcome! I'm not Jewish, but I have some friends in Israel and I've learnt a bit of Hebrew off them, if that's something lol
    what does Baruch haba mean? i assume it refers to some sort of festive greeting. the first first word sounds familiar :holmes:
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by Evie Ninnenbaum)
    Not really as you would replace the word white with the specific ethnicity like Swedish, Polish, German, Italian, Jewish or Irish Also, she did imply a possibility of having humble goy friends so be hopeful! Just because you're not Jewish doesn't mean you cannot be her friend xD
    I'm not sure I'd like to be friends with someone whose first view of someone is whether or not they're Jewish. :rolleyes: That's really rather egocentric.

You gave a nice sentiment though.

ReputationRep:
    Hey, I'm also Jewish!!

ReputationRep:
    Jews are so lovely lovelylovelylovelylovelylovelylo velylovelylovelylovelylovelylove lylovelylovelylovelylovelylovely lovelylovelylovelylovelylovelylo velylovelylovelylovelylovelylove lylovelylovelylovelylovelylovely lovelylovelylovelylovelylovelylo velylovelylovelylovelylovelylove lylovelylovelylovelylovelylovely lovely

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dmon1Unlimited)
    what does Baruch haba mean? i assume it refers to some sort of festive greeting. the first first word sounds familiar :holmes:
    It means welcome, ברוך הבא. The first word, baruch (ברוך), means 'blessed', afaik, so it's probably used in the Torah.

ReputationRep:
    Welcome to TSR hope you enjoy your stay here.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Yael)
    Hello : D My name's Yael and I'm 18 years old. I would describe my ethnicity as Jewish, but I'm not religious.

I'm looking mainly for Jews on TSR but I'm also very willing to make goy friends.

The reason I've registered is because I need a major advice on firming and insurance picking on my universities. I'm looking forward to study VL51 BA Philosophy & Economics at one of the following:

I'm currently aiming to firm Bristol/Edinburgh and take Exeter/Southampton as my insurance.
    Hey, I am a Jew

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Yael)

hi jewish yael

i'd love to help you, and in return, maybe you could pull some of your jewnections and get me an internship at barclays next year. wat say u yael? :borat:

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 8, 2013
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered welcome lounge threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.