Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Well no, if you're worried about that being ''fattening'' [Unless you eat 20 bowls of porridge] then you need help.

What's your caloric maintenance?

ReputationRep:
    Why don't you just use skimmed milk...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pandabird)
    Really?
    Yes.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by grannylovers)
    And depends on ur family Dna,,, some people get fat even eating one litle bit of chocolade a day , while others can eat whole bars every day without getting overweight, wish u good luck, because i am to heavy and i think dieting is murder...
    I'm sorry but this is a total myth
    The fact about metabolisms (thyroid conditions excluded) is that underweight people have slower metabolisms and overweight people have faster metabolisms. Your body will always try to compensate for how much you eat.

Also to the OP, that's fine. Just make sure you weigh it if you are worried about calories because oats can easily add up.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by therisenmitten)
    I'm sorry but this is a total myth
    The fact about metabolisms (thyroid conditions excluded) is that underweight people have slower metabolisms and overweight people have faster metabolisms. Your body will always try to compensate for how much you eat.
    This.

People talk about their metabolism as if it is a totally static predetermined thing. People obviously realise that your metabolism increases the more active you are but they don't seem to realise that how much you eat has a big effect in itself. In general, the more you eat, the more energetic you are and the more capable of using energy you are.

For example, if you eat an extra 500 calories a day, especially if you gradually build up to doing so - you won't indefinitely put a pound of weight on per week; rather your body will adapt to using more energy i.e. your metabolism increases.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wick3d)
    Yes.
    Back it up boy.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered nutrition and supplements threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.