Turn on thread page Beta

Best Horror Movie ??? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone seen the new Evil Dead film yet?

Excited that they're rebooting that series, even without Raimi directing it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NW86)
    Yes there is an original directed by Wes Craven (who also collaborated on the remake, which was re-written and directed by the guys who directed Switchblade Romance/Haute Tension, another of my favourite films) in 1977, and also a sequel to the original, which was awful and Wes Craven later disowned it!

Wes and his son Jon also wrote the 2007 sequel, which was pants. </horror nerd>
    I just watched the trailer of the 1977 version now, I don't think I could even watch that one..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pandabird)
    I just watched the trailer of the 1977 version now, I don't think I could even watch that one..
    Yeah... I really struggle with rape scenes in horror films/films generally tbh and Hills have eyes doesn't pull punches in that area.

It's why I mentioned "A Serbian Film" in a later post as the most difficult film I've ever watched, genuinely struggled to do it in one sitting and it made me quite sad for a good few days (im 27 btw!). Frequent rape/murder rape/child rape/incest/exploitation/gore scenes

ReputationRep:
    The cabin in the woods is really good.
    But my favourite has to be the relatively unknown British horror "Kill List", a very underated film

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NW86)
    Yeah... I really struggle with rape scenes in horror films/films generally tbh and Hills have eyes doesn't pull punches in that area.

It's why I mentioned "A Serbian Film" in a later post as the most difficult film I've ever watched, genuinely struggled to do it in one sitting and it made me quite sad for a good few days (im 27 btw!). Frequent rape/murder rape/child rape/incest/exploitation/gore scenes
    Yeah it was during the rape scene that I stopped watching the remake. I always get too involved in films, that's why I tend to watch horror films in the day so I have time to cheer myself up before I go to bed.

ReputationRep:
    I highly recommend A Tale of Two Sisters, a Korean film which was remade several years back as The Uninvited. The atmosphere is brooding, tense and only gets deeper as the film progresses. Not out-of-your-seat scary but a slow burning horror.

The original Japanese version of Dark Water was very good too in my opinion. It's not frightening right from the start, it's another slow-building tension which is more emotional than horrifying.

Another good film was Pulse, the original Japanese version. Some understandingly find it boring or confusing since it's long and unfolds gradually, but it's worth watching if only for one of the scariest moments in any horror film I've watched (spoilers) of a ghost running in slow motion down a corridor.

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.