Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I miss the OLD Final Fantasy Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by anonstudent1)
    I loved 8, I want to play it again but it seems impossible to find a disc or downloadable version that will run on a modern PC
    Ive played 8 on my laptop with an emulator

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by purplerainn)
    Ive played 8 on my laptop with an emulator
    More information plz

What kind of emulator would I have to use and then where do I download the game from. Also am I paying for this, or downloading illegally. Either way doesn't really bother me lol

ReputationRep:
    More information plz

What kind of emulator would I have to use and then where do I download the game from. Also am I paying for this, or downloading illegally. Either way doesn't really bother me lol
    pm me. i think it's against the rules to discuss emulators :ninja:

ReputationRep:
    pm me. i think it's against the rules to discuss emulators :ninja:
    Lol will do!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cll_ws)
    I played through it quite recently, it's actually really difficult in parts, I have no idea how I managed to get so far on it at 6 years old. I have a 6 year old sister now and there's no way that she'd understand it. I must have been a smart kid :smug:

It is one of my all-time favourite games though.

Edit: FF7, not 12. I mis-read that
    I was going to SAY, you played FF12 when you were SIX?!
    I suddenly felt, really..really..old.

ReputationRep:
    Now I must admit, while having played and completed every Final Fantasy up to 12, I can't comment on 13 onwards, but they do not look all that brilliant, and the reviews I have read have not been to my liking.

I also long for the good ol' days of FFVII and VIII

ReputationRep:
    I loved 8, I want to play it again but it seems impossible to find a disc or downloadable version that will run on a modern PC
    Emulator my friend, im about to start a VIII min-max run through next week.
    If you have trouble finding it, give me a shout.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Three Mile Sprint)
    Emulator my friend, im about to start a VIII min-max run through next week.
    If you have trouble finding it, give me a shout.
    Cheers pal, the poster above gave some super helpful links so I think I should be ok

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Three Mile Sprint)
    I was going to SAY, you played FF12 when you were SIX?!
    I suddenly felt, really..really..old.

Nah, i'm getting on a bit myself too unfortunately :lol:

ReputationRep:
    My favourite ones were FF7, FF9, FF10.. FF8 was ok too. I hated the FF's beyond that though.

ReputationRep:
    More information plz

They're easy to find on the internet illegally. Likewise, if you got PS network, you can download them for a cheap price.

ReputationRep:
    I still day dream about eight, amazing games.

ReputationRep:
    PS1 Emulator and ISO...although you didn't hear this from me... "shifty eyes"

ReputationRep:
    If you have a android you can get the emulator on your phone, the game itself is easily found.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sarahhh_92)
    Anyone else miss the old final fantasy games rather than the new updated ones?...and I HATE the battle styles:no:

Final Fantasy 7, 8, and 9 were the best ...
    Tell us more... http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=965499

That's the FF society.

ReputationRep:
    I still have FF8. Plays and saves on ps3. Best game ever

ReputationRep:
    Yes same with pokemon.

ReputationRep:
    I just downloaded FF9. This thread made me really want to play it I played 7 quite recently, but I haven't played 9 since around the time it was released, so i'm looking forward to it!

ReputationRep:
    Come to think of it, I've never played nor do I know anything about 11 at all!

ReputationRep:
    Come to think of it, I've never played nor do I know anything about 11 at all!
    11 was the first online one. Apparently pretty decent if you want an MMO. But I'm not really interested in them, so I've never played it either. I actually have a boxed copy that I got for free, but I've never installed it.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 16, 2013
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered gaming threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.