Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

my soon to be adopted doesn't like me. HELP Watch

ReputationRep:
    ahh she's a miserable rude old *****, it's a reflection on her rather than you. Probably has a ****ty life so gets off on making another human being feel bad.

ReputationRep:
    Ah just ignore that senile *****. Your dad seems pretty damn cool and caring for you, spend more time with him!
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Hi Lily,

Sorry to hear about this, please do remember that you've done nothing wrong to deserve such treatment, you are obviously very well-loved by your family and you should try and focus on them rather than your gran if you can. It is difficult, but as lots of people have already said, old people can be really set in their ways. I think you should definitely have a chat to mum and dad because it's very unfair for her to do this. It's great to hear you have such a good relationship with your dad. Do try and talk to him about this, because at the end of the day you are only a child and you deserve to feel respected and loved.

ReputationRep:
    Lovely to hear that your Dads going to spend time with you. If you don't mind me saying but your "gran" is a cow.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Annuhlees)
    This kind of reminds me of my life ten years ago.

My parents divorced after having my brother and sister but got back together a couple of years after I was born. So my Dad isn't my Bio but he is my dad- I've known no different, I have his surname and after my parents separated I lived with him. However, my Nan took years to come around to the idea, she always called him Dave indead of Dad as a kid and she once said to my brother and sister 'How's your half-sister?' Yep, they went crazy.

She did come around, eventually. She sends me pretty grandaughter cards at Christmas and my name was mentioned at my Grandad's funeral. However, I was left out of the will but there's probably a few reasons for that.

She will come around, it's just a shock to her system. Old people are weird like that. Have you ever called her Granny to her face? If you haven't maybe that will make her warm to you? Give her time, if she's good at sowing maybe ask her to help you etc?
    I called her granny a few times but she told me to stop because I am nothing to her. My bio sister granny though and she is happy that she does.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lillyxoxox)
    I called her granny a few times but she told me to stop because I am nothing to her. My bio sister granny though and she is happy that she does.
    Yep, weird old <insert insult here>

Not meaning to be rude, but that kind of behevior I would expect from a five your old and is frankly diabolical.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SnoochToTheBooch)
    ahh she's a miserable rude old *****, it's a reflection on her rather than you. Probably has a ****ty life so gets off on making another human being feel bad.
    She went to Cyprus with her son (my unlce) she has made out she has a harsh life. My mum dad brother and sisters are all going to spain for two weeks in August and my mum has invited granny because of such a harsh life she has. I was really looking forward to that holiday

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lillyxoxox)
    I don't want to upset my mum she rarely see's her. I can see my mum is happy. She wasn't in the room when she was being mean
    I understand that you like seeing her happy but she adopted you to take care of you and to make you feel safe and loved, the best thing you could do is tell her what's happening if not you could end up being really unhappy. Reading your post made me feel ridiculously sad and unhappy for you Please tell her what happened. I don't think your mum would be mad at her she'd probably just ask her why she did it and they'll talk and work things out from there. I really hope everything works out from there. *hugs*

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 15, 2013
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.