The Student Room Group

Tattoos in employment

Scroll to see replies

This is why I dislike businesses.
Reply 21
Original post by boba
its on my back, it goes from the traditional "tramp stamp" area to my neck. Its fairly easy to cover with just a normal top but if I tie my hair up the very top which is on my neck can be visible. so if it needs to be covered I tend to leave my hair down or wear one of those fashion scarves or something.
the classic tramp stamp. well thanks for the help with my questions.
Reply 22
Original post by LouisN
the classic tramp stamp. well thanks for the help with my questions.

haha well as I said it goes from my neck to there. I would describe it as a "back piece" but it just goes down the center so that doesn't seem accurate.
your welcome though
Reply 23
Well I'm a nurse in the NHS and my trust seems lenient with tattoos, might be because it's such a big institution that they wouldn't be able to discriminate. I've seen ward nurses with full sleeves and planning a half one myself and it's a job where you're dealing with people of all ages so it's probably the private companies that have restrictions. If you're in a corporate job I don't see what the problem is unless you have hand/neck tattoos.
I haven't been discriminated against for my (many) Tattoos however I completely defend any employers right to discriminate based upon them, and would understand completely if I were denied employment on such grounds.

Quick Reply

Latest