Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

You Are To Inherit A £4billion Fortune From A Previously Unknown Relative - What Do.. Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by the bear)
    splash out on a Tesco Finest £10 meal deal
    And the remaining £3,999,999,990.00? :lol:

ReputationRep:
    splash out on a Tesco Finest £10 meal deal
    And the remaining £3,999,999,990.00?

:lol:
    (Original post by Xotol)
    Pay off the mortgage, keep ~£20m in a bank account for any future needs, and give the rest to charity.
    Just to the one charity? :lolwut:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HumanSupremacist)
    maybe buy some lottery tickets and a scratchcard

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fullofsurprises)
    That would be one seriously lucky charity.
    Just to the one charity? :lolwut:
    Charity was probably too vague. Half would go to fund scientific research in medicine/resources, and the rest to improving standard of living in especially poor areas. I don't know if I'd just give £2b or so to an African charity, but I'd definitely do something in that area.

ReputationRep:
    I'd pay off all my family's mortgages, donate to a few charities, and buy an Aston Martin.

(Original post by meenu89)
    Invest in Greece, Portugal and Italy.
    Noble

ReputationRep:
    You'll need that to sue Tesco for putting horse in it.

ReputationRep:
    Buy (holiday) homes in a few cities; London, NYC, LA as well as some beach-fronts.

Lambo, McLaren F1, Ferrari.

Obviously give some to family.

Travel.

Learn to play and compose music,

Go into space.

And generally just lounge about catching up on my reading list, eating nice food, ****ing expensive hookers, doing recreational drugs.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Xotol)
    Charity was probably too vague. Half would go to fund scientific research in medicine/resources, and the rest to improving standard of living in especially poor areas. I don't know if I'd just give £2b or so to an African charity, but I'd definitely do something in that area.
    Splendid ideas. Any passing billionaires reading this, please take note.

ReputationRep:
    maybe buy some lottery tickets and a scratchcard
    :lolwut:

Passing over the fact of whether you will actually win - you already have more than any lottery could hope to give you! :lol:

ReputationRep:
    Splendid ideas. Any passing billionaires reading this, please take note.
    What can I say, I have a big heart.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Xotol)
    What can I say, I have a big heart.
    That much is clear.

ReputationRep:
    Put enough money to live off the interest comfortably, buy a nice but modest house, get a new computer, car, gubbins for my new house, then give money to my family, closest friends, scientific research, charities.

I'm not really overly business minded and I sure as hell don't see the point to amassing wealth after financial security and comforts have been dealt with so after the house, car and interest income, it's basically what half-way useful and beneficial things I can throw the rest of the money at so it isn't just sitting around achieving little.

ReputationRep:
    Buy my own country.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by danny111)
    Buy my own country.
    I hear Spain's going cheap. Also Cyprus. Portugal. Erm, you've got quite a choice.

ReputationRep:
    Travel, buy a nice house with stables and facilities for training horses then focus on riding.

ReputationRep:
    Keep 150-200 million, for myself family etc.

Set up my own charity and use the rest on that. Probably to fund science/animal welfare/prison reform.

ReputationRep:
    I hear Spain's going cheap. Also Cyprus. Portugal. Erm, you've got quite a choice.
    None of those debt infested cess pits. A nice one, with beaches, good people and a solid economy.

ReputationRep:
    There isn't much for me to spend on, so I'd probably donate £3bn to charities and research. £1bn would remain for family and friends.

My life as a whole won't be much different and I'll continue my education, though I suppose I'd get all the expensive clothes I never saw the point of. Possibly buy a nice place in inner London. Perhaps even a mansion. Hell, might as well go for a castle and call it Hogwarts. And have it populated with T-Rexes.
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by Vian)
    There isn't much for me to spend on, so I'd probably donate £3bn to charities and research. £1bn would remain for family and friends.

My life as a whole won't be much different and I'll continue my education, though I suppose I'd get all the expensive clothes I never saw the point of. Possibly buy a nice place in inner London. Perhaps even a mansion. Hell, might as well go for a castle and call it Hogwarts. And have it populated with T-Rexes.
    I'm moving in. Best idea ever.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ChocoCoatedLemons)
    I'm moving in. Best idea ever.
    You'd have to marry him first - you...you gold-digger! :pierre:

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: May 6, 2013
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.