The Student Room Group

Does anyone actually like school

Scroll to see replies

I actually quite like school, I mean I'm not particularly popular in my year, and I'm definitely not the cleverest, but I like my teachers, I like my friends, no one bothers me or bullies me, I know I'll definitely miss it at some point in my life...
School was not ****. It was THE ****. Work was not hard and lessons were pretty chilled tbh; essentially the opposite of A levels.
I hated year 7, 8 & 9. Year 10 and 11 were good because we chose what subjects we wanted. Plus I was put in a class of 8 because we all took a different course to the rest of the year. We often had lessons without a teacher as they didn't bother getting a supply teacher for us :biggrin:
I have mixed feelings about my school.
I love my teachers but the head teacher and they way the school is run is just terrible.
It's worth coming into school to study Film Studies , German and English though.
It's alright but I'm looking forward to leaving for sixth-form :smile:
Yes :smile:
I didn't think I would be saying this, but as I reflect on the past 6 years at secondary school, I have gained so much in terms of knowledge and personal development. I have been given so many opportunities which have helped me build my character and I have made some truly amazing friends :smile:
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 25
lol no.

there were some lessons i liked - had the most amazing geography teacher who would show us loads of youtube vids, also liked science most of the time. aside from that i really didnt like it. there were some subjects i really hated, and i do not miss sitting at the back of the class feeling really stupid because you dont have a clue what to do. even worse when you get picked on to answer a question - theres a reason people dont put their hands up when you ask a question.

i quite liked sixth form though. much better socially, and it was much more of a laugh. mind you...i didnt like art. that was another lesson sat at the back of the class but this time because i didnt agree with the teachers methods - there were a couple of disagreements.
Reply 26
Original post by HeavyTeddy
School was not ****. It was THE ****. Work was not hard and lessons were pretty chilled tbh; essentially the opposite of A levels.

this. + 1 :biggrin:
I hated school right up until I got a full time job at 16 and just took my A levels from home. From that moment on, I've loved academics and school, and and those years taught me to go back to Uni and stay in education for as long as possible.

Not trying to sound patronising but when you get a job and experience the inevitable following...

-work over the summer holidays for a few years in a row,
-and christmas,
-and easter,
-sometimes come home from work and do nothing but get ready for another full 12 hour day tomorrow,
-work every weekend for a few years,
-have people treat you like crap the entire time
-and have to do everything of your own accord
-have nobody to go to for help in your work
-get in serious financial trouble if you don't do any 'homework'

You change your world view a bit and realise that actually school was just a laugh with your mates all day.
(edited 11 years ago)
I liked the learning aspect of school, safe to say I would not relive my school years
Reply 29
I love school: not joking. All my friends are there, so whats not to like? I enjoy lessons and I'm bored at home - I prefer doing something productive. At school I'm always busy with sports practices, music lessons and orchestra and I get to do it all with my friends. (My school has a big catchment area, so most of my friends live 25+ minutes away, so its hard for us all to meet up out of school.)

Thats not to say that sometimes I wake up in the morning and think 'Oh no.I really do not want to go to school today.' But I really don't want to leave, because ultimately I find school pretty fun :smile:
I hate school.
Reply 31
School is a massive waste of time. There are a lot of people who could get the amount of work done in 1/4 of the time that it takes in school- for those people school should be made optional because its just a total waste....
Reply 32
When you will finish school, and start normal life- you will miss it, it will be (and it is) the best time of your life.
Just wait few years...
Reply 33
Original post by JJMS
I don't like the fact that these days we're simply being taught how to pass exams instead of being educated.

your sig.. shaft?
Reply 34
Awful, most people are stuck up or two-faced
Sometimes.
I love school and the concept of learning something new pretty much every day.

I just hate about 95% of the students in it :smile:
Original post by TheGoonerGirl
Bloody hate school because I've not been to a single school where I've not been bullied. Primary school was even worse! Christ, they treated you like you were three year olds throughout the entire years.

Secondary school. Meh. Not as bad but jeez, you can get even nastier people there...

What year are you in? People will grow up eventually, trust me. It gets better :smile:
Reply 38
i loved school :smile: had good friends, entertaining, amazing teachers who listened to their students, and enjoyed learning new things and being able to say i understood concepts that i would have previously thought were really difficult! actually really missed it during school holidays :colondollar:
Sometimes. I hate being forced to be taught by crap teachers, but when it is a subject I enjoy and I'm being taught something new, I quite like it.

One thing I don't like is that exam specifications force teachers into barriers on what they can teach for that level. I find it far more interesting when teachers go beyond the syllabus and into more detail because then I get a better understanding of the topic.

Edit : The social aspect is good too I guess.

Quick Reply

Latest