Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

window 8?? Like or hate ? Watch

• PS Helper
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Study Helper
    It's a travesty. Microsoft should fire whoever forgot that things work in a love hate swing cycle, we're all sick of the tablet style now and wanted to go back to a nice basic OS. They should've just been patient.

I'm sure once everyone is used to it it'll be fine, but I see no reason to upgrade to it from Windows 7 until I build a new computer in a few years time, and in all honesty I'm most likely going to use Linux.

ReputationRep:
    They tried to create a seamless experience over desktop/laptop/tablet/phone. And what they ended up with was one disjointed mess. Metro and the original desktop just do not work together and some of the inbuilt apps are terrible.

I'd stick with Windows 7 until Microsoft learn how to create a seamless OS.

ReputationRep:
    Meh, ima stick with w7 for now, imperfect as it may be (dungeon keeper wont work :eek: )
    also, am i the only one thinking microsoft realy needs to make an OS designed for us gamers (ability to support more ram would be nice for a start)

ReputationRep:
    I'm going to be the antagonist here and say I really like Windows 8.

It's arguably faster, a much more 'cleaner' layout which you will get used to. Simple things like the Control Panel can be accessed quickly, by swiping the trackpad (on a laptop) from the right to the left and selecting Control Panel.

I like the lock screen and the fact it boots up a lot quicker. You can easily change which programs start-up on boot.

To be honest, I don't use the Apps at all and hardly ever use the winkey to open programs. My Apps actually don't work, I only noticed a few days ago because I've never ever used them since the first week I got the laptop (Back in Jan 13)

ReputationRep:
    I preferred Windows XP Home Edition.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.