Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Who are your role models? watch

ReputationRep:
    Me, myself and I.

However great a man is or is said to be, no man is greater than I, in my own eyes.

ReputationRep:
    Russell Brand: Does what he wants and doesn't just do everything down to social conditioning.

Derek Poundstone: Purely for determination.

ReputationRep:
    Gandhi/Nehru/the rest to help India gain independence from Britain.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sai4)
    Don't have any
    Why?

ReputationRep:
    Me, myself and I are my role models. Sure I look up to and respect certain people a lot more than others but I find that if you fixate yourself on one person or more you start trying to be them other than like them for who they are and the reason you actually started liking them in the beginning.

For example, I look up to Margaret Thatcher because she was a strong minded woman but I'm not going to start being a politician just because she was.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jacob :))
    Further to my thread about female role models I though it be interesting to see who people have as their own role models. Do you have one, many or none? And why? Are they historical figures, modern politicians or current celebrities? Do you think young people today lack good role models?

If I had to pick one it would be Julius Ceasar. A brilliant writer, politician and general. Unrelenting in his determination to gain power and plentiful in his generosity and forgiveness once he had it.
    Margaret Thatcher lool

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.