Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Worst thing you've done to your pet? watch

ReputationRep:
    Accidentally standing on my cats paws/tail, she would just creep up on me from nowhere. Poor little cat. I used to feel so guilty that i'd give her a whole bowl of milk

ReputationRep:
    Things happen to my pets all the time, unfortunately... My grandpa ran our cat over with the car(partially). She was fine after a while but she still has patches where her fur is missing. When I was little, I used to take every baby kitten and put them high in a tree cause I thought that was how they would learn to climb them(and then years later I found out why they were all avoiding me). And my personal worst...Our house was in construction and the workers had to take out the gate between our front yard and our backyard. I had two dogs, a lab who lived inside the house and a mixed race dog who lived in the backyard, his own doghouse and all. And as they were both male,needless to say, they really didn't get along. One day the lab was just desperate to go outside, so I decided to try and improvise some kind of wall to cover the space left by the gate between yards and then let him play in the front yard. The lab still managed to push away the obstacle and got into the back yard and attacked my other dog, hurting him really bad. We got him to the vet, but they couldn't save him.I hated my lab's guts for a long time after that, and I felt just sooo guilty for letting it happen

ReputationRep:
    Dropped my Roborovski hamster Trixie from about three feet off the ground and then had to pounce on her because they are tiny and SERIOUSLY fast. Dropped to the ground and cupped my hands over her, I've never moved so fast in my life. My cat was roaming around and I didn't want my hamster to get away, she'd be killed instantly if my kitty saw her. She was absolutely fine but I felt very very guilty, it must have been scary.
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Very Important Poster
    Stepped on his feet / tail, shut him out (it was an accident, honest!) and sat on him. Well, the latter is his fault for decided to sit in my seat when I move.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Left my fish in the care of my sister when I went off to uni - it was dead when I got back...

ReputationRep:
    When we first got our dog he wasn't allowed upstairs. So one morning when I was in a rush coming down the stairs to get to school, the dog started climbing up them. I meant to just tap him to get him back down but I ended up using a bit too much force so that I kicked him and he went flying off the staircase! Luckily my mom caught but I was crying afterwards because I felt so guilty! I think after 11 years he has forgiven me now though

ReputationRep:
    I occasionally accidentally stand on my dog when I'm walking. I try to say sorry to him, but he always acts as if it's his fault anyway and he seems to apologise to me most of the time anyway! :run:

ReputationRep:
    Eat it.

Sorry to all the fish in the bowl.

ReputationRep:
    My dad once devised this complicated looking headpiece out of chocolate foil wrappers, stuck a fancy-dress pink feather at the top, and then proceeded to plonk it on my cat Mimi's head. He told me that he was making her a "war helmet"...
    (Side note: she didn't seem too bothered).

Agreed with the treading on their tails, though, I always go running after them apologising like a loony as I feel so bad for it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JennaEmBee)
    Put a cone around my cat's neck because he kept scratching open a wound

He walked backwards for three days:dontknow:
    My dog did this too. The looks I received while she had the cone on were so evil... And she just kept walking backwards too.
    In the end the vet recommended a baby grow instead to cover her stitches!

ReputationRep:
    I once shouted at my Dog when I turned my back for not even 20 seconds, and he got on the table and ate the Christmas Turkey :cry2:.

ReputationRep:
    I accidentally left my tortoise in a sewer and forgot all about him.

ReputationRep:
    Am I the only person who has an evil pet who does nasty things to me instead? My sweet and innocent looking cat lies at the top of the stairs when it's dark and grabs your feet as you're walking so you always trip she also likes to wake me up by biting my head which is lovely!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jacob :))
    I accidentally hit my guinea pig in the face with a ball.

He later had a unrelated brain tumour and died.

At least I hope it was unrelated... D:
    That made me lol sorry

ReputationRep:
    I went on holiday and asked my housemate to feed my fish for me (the tank was in my bedroom). On the day I left I stupidly locked my bedroom door though and none of my housemates had a key so they couldn't feed the fish.

I got back two weeks later and amazingly my fish were still alive! I felt super, super guilty and gave them lots of food after that.

ReputationRep:
    Kicked a ball and my dog chased it,but he ended running faster then the ball ran basically over it and past it and then into a wall . He was fine though. Just stupid haha. Funny at the time as well.

Also once my sister had a stick well more of a log, and she threw it for our dog, but more high then distance and as it was running it just landed on the dogs head. Again the dog was fine though.

ReputationRep:
    I was hoovering and my guinea pig's bum got stuck in the hoover; he was so close to being sucked in!

The result; whenever the hoover is on, he scurries of back into his cage

ReputationRep:
    Accidentally killed my Giant African Land Snails :/

ReputationRep:
    Chased my yellow Labrador around with a vibrating bullet and cornered her and she was shaking haha bless. I stopped as soon as I realised she was actually scared.

Leaving my yellow Labrador in the field because she wouldn't come back. I went back 10mins later and she was sat at the gate howling.

Plucking a half ingrown hair out of my black labs chin because it kept scratching me everytime she put her head on me

ReputationRep:
    My cousin's friend fed our dog a load of raw onions from the kebab shop. I didn't find out until our poor dog collapsed, had to be rushed to emergency animal hospital with us crying our eyes out. He had to stay for 4 days and it was terrifying. Onions are toxic for dogs.

My rabbit lives inside now, free and wild LOL, but her and her sister (r.i.p ) used to live outside in a cage we built for them. We made a cuboid open bottomed cage to put on the grass so they could run about a bit. My Auntie made it with a tiny opening, and I used to have to catch them with fishing nets. They used to be terrified and when we graduated to letting them run about in the back garden without the cage, it was a nightmare getting them back in (by this point, they lived inside but in the cage). Fluffy would refuse to be caught and you could spend over an hour trying to catch her. By the time you got her, she'd be hyperventilating. She was killed by our neighbour's awful Jack Russells because of her refusal to be caught. Her sister is easy to catch, though. She's confident and assertive, so doesn't really run.

My dog and cat love to run under our feet so they've been tripped over, hit by accident etc. I always knee my dog by accident because he literally follows me around the house and gets in the way.

Also, my dog had to have a cone. Was so cute watching him banging into things and feeling sorry for himself.

Also, I used to run with my dog, he'd run ahead all happy and I'd duck behind a car or a wall and hide. Then I'd watch him run around looking for me. So cute but I always felt guilty the look of relief when he found me was adorable, though and it means he always stays close to me when we walk with him off the lead. He's a good dog.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.